View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Extreme derealization and strange feelingsI after single LSD use

NocturnalPulse

Greenlighter
Well this all began 3 months ago where I got spiked with LSD, whilst I was having a panic attack, then got assaulted. After I came down from that bad trip (I had never done LSD before), I felt... Different. I had CONSTANT and severe derealization and there was always at least a little adrenaline running through my body at any given time.
It hasn't got much better at all, I keep having these 'episodes' that seem to last 2-7 hours, at least twice a day where I just feel... high. There's no other way I can explain it, really. First of all the derealization hits me so hard, that I can't really focus on anything, it's awful. Everything feels so... strange. I'm not sure if it's visual distortions but everything looks really... close? flat? I don't know how to explain it. In addition, sounds seem to get much wider, if that makes sense. Also, I get really strange thoughts, they happen all the time, but it's the worst when I'm trying to sleep. It's quite reminiscent of whenever I had a fever, and felt delirious. The thoughts are so random, vivid and loud, again, if that makes any sense. I'm honestly scared because I can't even sleep properly at night. Has anyone ever experienced anything similar? It's extremely similar to whenever I smoked weed, except I'm sober, and have been for over a year. Any help?
I did visit my psychiatrist and he said I have anxiety. But I've had anxiety all my life and nothing has ever felt so... Trippy (in a very bad way) and disorientating before.

I wondered if I had HPPD but after doing some research, I wouldn't say that's what it is. I also keep getting this feeling where I get so... AWARE, like... have you ever been high but had to stay casual and you get really self conscious about if they can tell? It's like that, except it happens when I'm alone too. As if I'm so aware of the symptoms, that it scares me. Any help is much appreciated! :D

It seems like a classic case of anxiety to me also You say you didn't feel like that before and that you have always had anxiety, just be aware that anxiety takes many forms and it can always get worse. I once had serotonin syndrome but what tormented me for weeks afterwards was the anxiety of death I was having after a near death experience I blamed my feelings on serotonin syndrome but in hindsight it was all anxiety.the best thing you can do is Stop thinking about it snd move on with your life. and I'm sorry you were assaulted

Some people can get anxiety so bad they begin loose touch with reality it can go so far as to make people full on hallucinate or hear voices anxiety can make your perception warp and it can give you tactile sensations you never would experience otherwise.

Last edited by a moderator:
This gives me hope! I'm just worried because I'd be with my girlfriend and her dad, and I'd suddenly feel like this. But all I can do is sit back and dwell on my thoughts haha. I'm just worried that it's something permanent, that's probably my biggest fear

How do know it was Lucy and not some other psych?
...just curious.

He told me after about 4 hours that my description of the effects sounded like half a tab of LSD. (he was trying to be innocent). That was the only psych he had on him too. He also gave me L Tryptophan to calm me down before and this pink capsule, I'm not sure what that was but that's most likely how he spiked me.

He told me after about 4 hours that my description of the effects sounded like half a tab of LSD. (he was trying to be innocent). That was the only psych he had on him too. He also gave me L Tryptophan to calm me down before and this pink capsule, I'm not sure what that was but that's most likely how he spiked me.

there are hundreds of drugs out there that are super similar in effects to lsd. lsd's peak effects last about 8 hours and 12-14 hours to baseline.

giving someone a psychedelic that isn't expecting it is a pretty horrible thing to do to a person.

the effects are not permanent....they will go away as long as you don't dwell on them. i had hppd for 2or 3 years that eventually went away

I've literally never heard anything this absurd. Someone drugged you with LSD while you were having a panic attack then they assaulted you? Did you go to the police/trauama ward? Why aren't you going to your doctor if the symptoms are this severe?

This sort of thing can happen as a result of anxiety disorders without the need for drugs - when the body whips itself into that much of a frenzy it can leave very strange and surprisingly persistent issues, but the important thing to note is that they aren't permanent.

First thing to note is that if you are assualted or spiked you need to go to the police as soon as you have recovered. If what you are saying is true then this person should be facing prosecution.

You definitely sound like you would benefit from some sort of treatment so I'd recommend going to the psychiatrist again or speaking to a different one about getting some counselling.

I can't believe some one would dose you. Then to get into a crazy situation just made you have a really bad trip. I would think that you will get better after just a few days if it was lsd ! I think it's just your thoughts and your panic attacks that are messing your head & body up. Hope you feel better soon and stay away from anyone that would try to dose or ruthy you, there is to many jerks/weirdos out there. Stay safe .

i watched a tv special about drugging (related to cosby)....they talked about how if you get drugged you should immediately get the police involved because once the drug leaves your system it will be impossible to get a conviction if they can't confirm the drugs presence in your system with lab tests