• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Extreme angry while on oxycodone and on many othe opioids

Ne0

Bluelighter
i've experience extreme angriness while on oxycodone that eveything makesm me supper irritated to he point that I have very strong angry outburst. It seems to ago awsy if you daily use it for few weeks.

Opiate rage. That is my circle's way of referring to the phenomenon you describe. A fairly common occurrence especially after the peak of the high. Seems to be more likely with the less sedating opioids (oxycodone, hydrocodone)

Opiate rage. That is my circle's way of referring to the phenomenon you describe. A fairly common occurrence especially after the peak of the high. Seems to be more likely with the less sedating opioids (oxycodone, hydrocodone)
Yes! We called it the Rage in mine. We had these two brothers who would nod off and when you?d wake em up , they?d get all pissed and yell about how they weren?t sleeping!! Lol. It used to make my patience go from miles to inches . I think it has to do with the opiates making you tired.

I have this especially on oxy and tramadol but maaaaainly tramadol, I'm so fucking pissed of by any little thing that my friends tend to ignore my useless angry rants on trams or oxys.

Heroin sometimes used to make me extremely irritable - especially if I'd got a good gouch going and some fucker interrupted it. We used to call it being in a 'gear mood', as opposed to a 'beer mood' - which is the alcoholic equivalent...

Heroin sometimes used to make me extremely irritable - especially if I'd got a good gouch going and some fucker interrupted it. We used to call it being in a 'gear mood', as opposed to a 'beer mood' - which is the alcoholic equivalent...

Qft...

Fentanyl makes me extremely angry. Im OK 90% of the time but if someone fucks with me or says the wrong thing I will explode. I wish I didn't have this temper but all the shit ive got engraved in my mind will never go away and at 44 im too old to change any of it now...

Is there any medical reason for this? With alcohol I've read that it has something to do with serotonin. I know some people who becomes extremly angry on amphetamines and other stimulants too, not sure what behinds that one. For whatever reason I always become very calm and friendly while on amphetamines.

tramadol and oxy mixed turned me into a psycho but lots of energy.
oxy im usully happy or merr its a weird drug somedays i can get a better high off 25mg than 50mg

Yes! We called it the Rage in mine. We had these two brothers who would nod off and when you'd wake em up , they'd get all pissed and yell about how they weren't sleeping!! Lol

For what it is worth I got stuck in drug counseling 28 years ago. (the drug counselor died of a heroin OD in the end and I decided to stop any 90's addiction philosophy and went forward looking for smarter ways to get high). But he said the anger comes because we associate the opiate with a peaceful time period and when someone interrupts that we get very mad. Makes a little sense.

Last edited: