View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Ethnobotanicals Extracting peganum harmala

plumbus-nine

Bluelighter
I want to experience peganum harmala, and was searching for extracts, there are up to 200:1 but they don't ship here, the only local supplier has only the pure seeds, no extracts.
How can I make extract myself?

peganum harmala is supposed to be better than syrian rue.

oh, yes. therefore i made the connection. Banisteriopsis caapi is prefered.

I use the harmala tek made for caapi from dmtnexus.
Works very well and the yields are insane.
From about 500g of syrian rue i get well over 20g of crude harmala extract.

can you tell how the effects are?
Interested as well. Most people seem only to use harmalas in conjunction with DMT but it alone is said to provide a dreamy, relaxed high and slight hallucinations with higher dosages. Not sure about this but it seems to be exceptionally safe for a MAOI as I guess people will have combined with serotonergic drugs/substances and didn't read about fatalities. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Can you make tea without extraction - additional alkaloids, toxicity, just less potent and more prone to nausea?

My intended use is to finally beat these f'cking SSRI antidepressants. Kanna (sceletum tortiosum, a herbal SSRI) did the trick, much like kratom for opioids - it substitutes but somehow not fully and lets the receptors recover. But it's unavailable here so I go for the next serotonergic drug I know about. Read an interesting theory about that the body kind of recognizes drugs that were around for thousands of years while the novel, synthetic ones cause more harsh adverse reactions. Would be the opposite to pathogens(?) which cause a more hefty immune reaction when known before (what vaxxinatiions exploiit)

I had selegeline once, wasn’t that good, slight stimulation.

i havent personally gotten much from just harmalas.
microdosing made me a bit manic.

But i really love en with some mushrooms, way more then oral dmt actually.
It gets quite drawn out but smoother then just regular shrooms.
Probably extends the duration 30-50% or so depending on dose.

microdosing made me a bit manic.
Hypomanic or full-on manic? If the latter then maybe I should avoid it but will try anyways. Read some nice reports about it but guess one needs take enough of it to flood the brain with serotonin, for to get visuals and stuff. Seems hard to overdose.

I had selegeline once, wasn’t that good, slight stimulation.
My first and only selegiline pill led to a police contact. But it's an irreversible MAO-B inhibitor while harmalines reversibly inhibit MAO-A.

but its levo not dextro, so you can give it to humans. one place in the us sells dextro they say, no good idea i think it turns even in active amphetamine.

but its levo not dextro, so you can give it to humans. one place in the us sells dextro they say, no good idea i think it turns even in active amphetamine.
With MAOIs only a fraction is needed for strong increase in transmitters, but in the old days of Parnate people did combine even irreversible MAOIs with stimulants. I guess D-deprenyl will have a steep dosage/effects curve and lead to psychosis when overshot.

Peganum harmala is certainly active on its own:

id try caapi or moclobemide but tranylcypromine or hydrazines nope.

id try caapi or moclobemide but tranylcypromine or hydrazines nope.
I had moclobemide up to 600mg/d, most useless drug ever next to reboxetine. It provided me with brain fog which didn't lift but it was active as dexamphetamine's pressure activity was greatly potentiated,, a fraction of a 5mg pill would increase my bp markedly. I have weird genetics.

Tranylcypramine has the reputation of being the most effective AD which works when others failed, and we have a thread about it that not all people need follow diet, I'd try it but it's not available here. Dissociatives work reliably but currently out of them. Need select between gf or them.