• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Extracting opium from 'poppy straw'

For posts since then: If you attempt to an extraction on less than a hectare of pods you are wasting your time and pods. Either harvest as you should or else simply brew tea. As for the long Cut and Pastes which appear to be my materiel, the whole write up refers to situations which havent existed for more than a decade. The "morphine blocks" are actually "Heroin #1," morphine hcl produced as a commodity in and of itself for "labs" not wanting to waste a day and a half on morphine extraction from opium. That only ever existed in the Eastern Myanmar, south into Thailand and Northern Malaysia (produced only in Myanmar for "lab" usage in the other 2 nations). Like Heroin #3, Heroin #1 is now extinct.

PissPotnRock: It is years late and under my new ID but thanks for the kind words- Rachamim.

all good brother! glad to see your still around - I cant get enough of your posts

For posts since then: If you attempt to an extraction on less than a hectare of pods you are wasting your time and pods. Either harvest as you should or else simply brew tea. As for the long Cut and Pastes which appear to be my materiel, the whole write up refers to situations which havent existed for more than a decade. The "morphine blocks" are actually "Heroin #1," morphine hcl produced as a commodity in and of itself for "labs" not wanting to waste a day and a half on morphine extraction from opium. That only ever existed in the Eastern Myanmar, south into Thailand and Northern Malaysia (produced only in Myanmar for "lab" usage in the other 2 nations). Like Heroin #3, Heroin #1 is now extinct.

think ill stick to my 'tea' then.. ill be having my first one in years this weekend.. out of curiosity, have you done much travelling/living in myanmar? I only ask because my girlfriend is half burmese and any info on the country sparks my curiosity.. if its too personal, sent us a PM.. would love you hear from you

Hey Raki! Good to see you're still around.

What do you mean Morphine Hcl/Heroin #1 and Heroin #3 no longer exist?

Here in the UK and EU we get smokeable Afghani' #3/Heroin Base.

Extracting Morphine from Poppy Straw

Is it possible to extract morphine from poppy straw using the same technique as extracting it from Opium?

I've seen people mention about defatting/defattening (Not sure which is correct?) the poppy straw first, does this have to be done before the lime step in the morphine from Opium extraction?

How would that be done and then lead to the lime stage, in the easiest possible way?

Thank's!

Is it possible to extract morphine from poppy straw using the same technique as extracting it from Opium?

I've seen people mention about defatting/defattening (Not sure which is correct?) the poppy straw first, does this have to be done before the lime step in the morphine from Opium extraction?

How would that be done and then lead to the lime stage, in the easiest possible way?

Thank's!

I think its a bit more inseparable then that for any decent outcome ... dehydrate it first maybe ? and even then it would be better just to use for tea :S.

They'd be dry. Why would extracting the morphine be a waste?
Surely if one could use at least 100 dried Giganteum pods it'd be worth it?

If they were dry would extracting the morphine be then the same as extracting it from raw opium?

Since this thread got a lot of replies and mine did not receive any I thought you guys could help answer my question. At what point in a poppies lifecycle does it begin to produce illegal substances. As a hypothetical could you germinate a lb of poppie seeds and the tiny plants would have some alkaloid content. Or is it more like pot where it's only starts producing at a certain point.

I'm not sure when it starts producing morphine, codeine, thebaine, papaverine, noscapine (Let's say Opium.) etc but I do know normally harvest time is between 7-14 days after the petals have fallen off the pod. If it rains during this time for some reason it seriously lowers the morphine (Opium in general?) content.

couldn't find how to post, so ill reply here, just wanna say, Im getting the nausea associated with opiates from my poppy pod / straw tea,( that some experience) i can quail that with dramamine, but really just find I don't get the desired results , like taking a pain killer, i mean not even close really, so finding opium poppies not worth it for me!

Hi Trooprt

A lot of what you experience depends on

A) what material you use

B) how you prepare your tea/consumption material

There can be lots of side effects associated with taking poppy tea/straw/putty/whatever. Whether or not it is worthwhile for you will depend on the strength - which generally means the percentage of morphine present - of the material. I have found the best results when using Tasmanian poppies (white petals with a dark purple basal cross). Those guys can pack a serious punch.

Anyway, more info is needed to ascertain where you might be getting short changed.

Sourcing discussion isn't allowed on bluelight. Like anything, people have their ways.

I've come across 1kg of unwashed seeds. I'm finding contradicting information about the prep.

I have seen OG bluelighters say up to 12 hours to brew, others I've read 1 to 3 mins.

Also what are people's thoughts on using lemon juice? does it make the tea more potent?

one final question. I get stomach aches easily, whats the best way to minimalize stomach cramps?

I'm dosing 300 to 400 grams of seed.

Opium compounds are highly water soluble, 12 hrs is excessive. I haven't used PST for years but always in the past just used water in a bottle which I shook on and off for about 10 minutes. Lemon juice can't hurt but may not make much difference.

Nausea is part and parcel of opiates but you can go the natural route and get Travacalm ginger tablets, or something stronger like phenergan. I'd suggest the former because the latter significantly increases sedation and has a whole host of uncomfortable side effects. I take opioids daily and if I make sure to get plenty fibre, my stomach feels fine. If I feel sick, ginger or a light meal helps.

Even 10 mins is too long, the water becomes more laden with oils, resulting in more nausea, GI discomfort, etc. There should be no soaking. Only shaking.

Mix with hot tap water and shake very vigorously in a 1 liter plastic water bottle for 4-5 minutes. Enough for your arm to get tired. That is more than sufficient. A second rinse can be done but becareful when deciding whether to use it or not. Sometimes drinking that second rinse only serves to increase nausea very significantly while only minorly increasing the high.

If you're going to do an acetone wash, it has to be water free or you'll lose some goodies.
Heat Epsom salts at 400 to dry. Add to bottle. Shake the shit out of it and decant acetone.
Plenty of info out there. But remember google is not your friend.

If you're going to do an acetone wash, it has to be water free or you'll lose some goodies.
Heat Epsom salts at 400 to dry. Add to bottle. Shake the shit out of it and decant acetone.
Plenty of info out there. But remember google is not your friend.
I hadn't even considered trying to convert the PST into something more refined and potent. I think for the moment ill experiment with the seeds.

Since receiving 1kg of unwashed seeds (very very high reviews from this vendor) I've had 3 good goes at it. Plenty of experience with opiates, I recently was addicted to H for about a year and stopped using about 8 months ago.

I started with 250g first night. I didn't use enough water for the first wash, the effect was equal to 20mg of endone. Minimal body high, but mentally I could feel significantly good change towards my mood.

3 hours later I did a rewash, only drank half the amount I did the first time and bam.. damn near put me on the nod. That blissfully warm feeling, the sedation, the itch, the droopy blood shot pin pointed pupils.. I couldn't help but laugh at how good it was.

side thought..

Its kind of ironic that the government bans people purchasing tiny amounts of codeine without prescription, yet you can go on a certain market place that isn't the dark web and get seeds rich in opium delivered to your door express posted.. anyway

I also found the taste not as bad as people make out. I added a few bags of peppermint tea, only tasted bitterness towards the bottom.

Overall, it's a nice alternative to Heroin. Its a shame its so dreadful on my guts, although after my last dose of adding 5 juiced lemons to an 800g mix (with water) i found it helped considerably.

I have about 800 grams left thats been washing twice now. I'm going to give it another wash this morning to see what I can get out of it.

Cheers everyone

I've noticed trying to attain pods is a totally different story. Although I have seen a couple around, it seems selling pods may attract more attention from authoritys, which i can understand.