• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Extracting Morphine from Dry Opium Pods?

Gaz_hmmmm

Bluelighter
Hi

I'm wanting to know if I could extract morphine from dry pods by following the exact same way that is used to extract morphine from opium?

I used the search engine and the best info I could find was this thread...

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/593512-Extracting-opium-from-poppy-straw?p=13333148#post13333148

But some have said the pods need to be defatted and to use an alcohol then extract from that.

Unfortunately I didn't really understand how to do this method. Can someone explain it better(And in the correct quantities?) than in that thread?

Is it really not possible to just grind it all up and extract the morphine like you're doing it from opium. Surely opium contains fats/oils and thus doesn't need to be defatted to allow morphine extraction?

Pods > morphine IMO.

Do you want to extract the morphine for IV use or something?
I always liked the full spectrum alkaloid mix of pods, myself, but each to their own.
Seems like an awful lot of fucking around for small returns though.

Got this quote from an old thread I made:

One makes one's tea, reduces down to thick syrup, dissolves vigorously in ethanol, lets stand in cold for hours, then filters through Nalgene 0.2 micron vacuum filter. The surgical spirit (methanol and ethanol) is used to crash out most of the particulate crap that fucks up the later steps. So now that one has the alcohol solution, it is reduced again, taken back up in water (about 10 mls per gram concentrated putty) and brought slowly to around pH 12 to 13 with Ca(OH)2 under mild heat. This is then again filtered through the Nalgene filter (at this point one has made calcium morphinate phenol salt, soluble in water as morph is an amphoteric alkaloid), and then pH is brought down to around 9 with ammonium chloride. Then place in freezer overnight and look for tan powder sinking at bottom of beaker.

I.M and smoking straight morphine spacejunk. I'll have alot of material, minimum 1kg dried pods (Approx 100 Giganteum pods)

Artificial' do you have any measurements togo with tthat 'how to', ones that would be equal to 1kg of dried pods would be best.

Start small and practise the processes, don't attempt it with all your material, it's too much anyway ime, your equipment will put limits on how large any batch may be. Always like to see those performing extractions, great fun! Take care, Play safe

Hey SKR have you ever tried this?

If you did what technique did you use? Please include measurements/ratios so others can do it too.

Do you know if a straight morphine extraction from opium technique would work on dried pod material?

i dont think youll be able to IM it as it wont be sterile at all. abscesses galore.

like spacejunk said, it sound like a lot of work, especially since you dont seem familiar with doing this.

I'd use a micron-filters before IM'ing it.

The extraction from raw Opium is very easy, I'm just hoping I can perform that oneon dried pods, but I've heard they have to be defatted.

I dont think so.
Oils, tannins, plant matter.
Sounds risky, and wasteful.

Hey guys I am new to this site. This interests me and I want to do this to benefit myself. Where do you or how do you get plant/plants or even seeds to start a grow? And which kind of the plant or name of it is best production? I know this might be a stupid question and you are way ahead of me but please can somebody help me get up to speed on this. It's the best thing since sliced bread.

Why would anyone want to do this anyway? Morphine is but one of the many lovely alkaloids that make up the unique, gorgeous experience that is opium. I've tried various of the pharm opiates, amongst them straight morphine, oxy, oxymorph, bupe, meth and the veteran H. What I found was that whilst some of those were stronger than opium, they all felt neutered in some way. There's something about the mix in opium that just hits the mark perfectly, without reducing me to a drooling, nodded out idiot. It is my opinion that there is no better way to unwind than with a good strong cup of pod tea. Or wake up to a good strong cup of pod tea for that matter. Shame I'm a hopeless addict who can't go there anymore. I'm off before I give myself ideas.

Hey guys I am new to this site. This interests me and I want to do this to benefit myself. Where do you or how do you get plant/plants or even seeds to start a grow? And which kind of the plant or name of it is best production? I know this might be a stupid question and you are way ahead of me but please can somebody help me get up to speed on this. It's the best thing since sliced bread.

Sourcing and vendor discussion isn't allowed, please read the rules!

With the prices and scarcity of online pods and the diverse alkaloid profile of the plant I feel this is rather pointless.