• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Extracting Desoxyn

If an individual has difficulting extracting methamphetamine from tablets, I would think that a synthesis (despite its 'relative' ease) is out the question. I honestly have no clue, but i doubt that the yield of a crude cold pack/energizer-bunny powered synthesis is a pure crystalline D-METH.

But certainly, one should avoid attracting unnecessary attention to a prescription drug whose illicit counterpart ("Meth") has been associated with 'evil'......

I was under the impression that methamphetamine produced via the phenylacetone route (likely in Mexico or other countries) will be racemic D,L-meth (most domestic meth is d-meth produced via reduction of (pseudo)ephedrine I'd wager) and it is preferred in many circles due to the "smoother" experience.

Desoxyn is D-meth.

I had always come across colloquial references to the enantiopure dextro being "smoother" than the racemic. In part due to the racemic/levorotatory affecting a racing heart beat.

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but if I recall correctly d-amphetamine & l-amphetamine are more similar in their "central" activity, it is d-methamphetamine that is more "centrally" eurphoric/stimulating (dopaminergic over adrenergic, as I understand it) than its equivalent isomer l-methamphetamine, not so much l-amphetamine.
oh forgive me, I meant to say D-meth in the post you quoted, not d-amph.
but anyways, regular l-amphetamine is centrally active, yes, but it is much less dopaminergic than its dextro counterpart; and 5-HT? Well the levo isomer is completely absent in that department (even d-amphetamine only faintly has serotonergic activity). We only really start finding that golden 5-HT release with that additional methyl functional group in methamphetamine). But, I digress: the CNS activity of REGULAR amphetamine's levo isomer is almost exclusively limited to some noradrenergic.

Now, the levo isomer of METHamphetamine on the other hand, could be considered completely void of CNS activity -- hence, why it is perfectly legal and widely sold as an OTC decongestant in almost every department store you can think of. Although, they have changed its pharmaceutical name slightly (to deter people from thinking they can crack open the inhalers, eat the contents and get high off it - you can't) to "levmetamfetamine". I hope the name-drop of such a powerful stimulant (albeit the centrally inactive isomer) doesn't tempt you to go buy a bunch of vicks inhalers thinking you'll get high off them (you can't get high off them); trust me, it won't do anything -- the most you're going to feel is very uncomfortable vascular constriction and muscle tension, as well as nausea-burps that taste like lavender (the 'scent' they add to the inhalers).

Know your isomers! ;)

Last edited:
^^^^To quote myself:

The activity of the racemate is not necessarily reflected in the sum of the assayed enantiopure components.

you can't extract Desoxyn

thanks to some smart folks at Abbott years ago, Desoxyn remains on the market thanks to a plastic matrix that can't be broken. Did you honestly think they didn't think about this already? I say thanks in a serious tone-- I have ADD, and respect amphetamine's therapeutic power too much to abuse it.

and by broken, I mean you're not getting rid of that stuff... you might think you are, but you won't ge rid of it... it's complicated. can't you use something else? I like Desoxyn, and want it to stay on the market. don't crash the party.

For a reasonable extraction, you would need to do some sort of acid-base method.
I have no source for this and may be totally wrong, but I remember hearing that there are substances in desoxyn pills meant to inhibit crystallization for this very reason. That could make things more complicated.

yup, the matrix binders. there's a reason why this stuff is still possible to prescribe.

By that logic people should also never have recreationally used marijuana, MDMA, LSD/mushrooms/peyote/whatever, opiates, or anything else with a therapeutic potential. I don't agree that the solution is to bow down to prohibition.

Don't get me wrong, as someone with ADD as well I'm glad you have a medicine that works for you, but after reading some of the studies of MDMA's use in psychotherapy... there are some people who just really, really need something like that to help them way more than I need adderall or anything else.

I'm unclear as the what parallel therapeutic potential exists between injecting methamphetamine and the use of MDMA. I'm actually the one trying to defend responsible (oral) meth's therapeutic potential by discouraging its injection (I'll let its mode of use speak for itself). Something's either used therapeutically or it's not, and there's a difference between using a toxic amount of something and using it responsibly. Am I also suppose to pretend someone wanting to inject it is going to strive for maintaining doses down to therapeutic thresholds? By that logic, you say? Logic? What logic is there to using a toxic amount of a drug?

We should continue this conversation in PMs because it's not relevant to the thread. My point, though, was that to say that one shouldn't recreationally use a drug that has therapeutic potential because that could result in restrictions which hinder its therapeutic application, is to say that people should not recreationally use virtually any drugs, because virtually all of them have some therapeutic potential. Now, that's not a ridiculous argument. But, I'd argue instead that prohibition is directly responsible for limiting the medical use of these drugs, not recreational drug use (and maybe even that a good way to contribute to the end of prohibition is to show that it doesn't work ;).

How did you get a script for Desoxyn? Are you narcoleptic? If it was me I would just be happy to be able to get Desoxyn and I wouldn't worry about extracting it.

hey just out of interest to anyine with a script for desoxyn: how would you complare it to dexedrine? i live in australia so only have access to dexamphetamine (for legitimate purposes of course ;).

does anyone want to share knowledge of the difference between the generics and brand name desoxyn with regard to extraction? i know enough chemistry that i understand the principles involved in pill extraction, mostly, just dont know the specifics with these pills and thier inactives. might shell out some money for some chems and give this extraction it s first serious try tomorrow but it seems like a waste of money considering no drug is actually produced and the pills can be simply crushed and snorted although its not as good as real crystal. on second thought this extraction would only be economical, i would imagine, if one were to shoot the cryst and ive yet to resort to needles in efforts to save money, i dont even know if that works really that way with meth as it has decent oral availability. btw this dam pill shortage sucks i had to go without generic meth for like 3 weeks. definately need more drugs and less users. not enough producers/suppliers and too many consumers make me a cranky crank user when i have to go without.

@2cfreak - if you have dexedrine you aint missing out on shit vs desoxyn. sometimes i worry they will stop making prescription methamphetamine completely because it is very inconvient for those that have to use it. kinda contradicting myself here, but basically when it comes to speed the morale of the game is to be happy with what u have, not unhappy with what you cant have and isnt worth it.

@2cfreak - if you have dexedrine you aint missing out on shit vs desoxyn. sometimes i worry they will stop making prescription methamphetamine completely because it is very inconvient for those that have to use it. kinda contradicting myself here, but basically when it comes to speed the morale of the game is to be happy with what u have, not unhappy with what you cant have and isnt worth it.
so you're telling me that oral pharmaceutical methamphetamine (may i remind you, the supposed "greatest known pinnacle of human pleasure" in the civilized world) "isn't worth it" compared to run of the mill dexamphetamine?
there's got to be some sort of bullshit in that
Is it maybe just because the dose of methamphetamine available in pill form is so low that would-be recreational users aren't taking enough of it?
I'd like to match 50mg of desoxyn to 50mg of adderall and see who the fucking winner is

I really feel that unless you are set on administering your dose IV, there is little point in performing a meth extraction and re-crystallisation.

I mean for a start, you're always going to end up with less actual methamphetamine than you started with in tablet form with ANY home extraction, nevermind a CWE! So it really just doesnt make sense in terms of efficency. Are the inactives really that bad? Most people wouldn't mind a little glucose with their meth, hey you might even catch a slight sugar rush! ;)

I don't see the point in extracting meth from desoxyn. Street meth is often rather pure compared to most street drugs.Desoxyn is weak and expensive compared to street meth.I'd be better to sell the desoxyn and buy meth, bet the college kids would love it(not that I condone or recommend dealing).

I know the OP post is old, but sublingual use is comparable to snorted, if one doesn't mind the taste.