View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Exploring the world of hallucinogens.

lilweedley

Greenlighter
Hi there, I have never posted on here before so I hope I'm doing everything right. First off, I am 16, and female if it matters. I have been smoking weed for a while now (so much that my tolerance is way too high), I recently met someone who has, dabbled, to say the least, in other drugs. I have always said I would stay away from everything but weed and possibly shrooms. I have a lot of alcoholics in my family and so I have always been very cautious because I do not want to ever be addicted to anything, but since I have talked with my friend I have done a ton of research and I know I want to do shrooms but I am also looking at LSD. Some things I read said its better to do shrooms before you try anything else, but my friend said the opposite. Also, one other reason I haven't wanted to is because I know someone who freaked out when on LSD and ended up arrested, and I really want to be contained, which is why I have always said I would do it around someone, but again my friend said that its better alone. I also can't have my mom or brother find out which brings me to my next problem. I've read that trips can last a long time and I live with my mom obviously, and I don't think I could be tripping for multiple hours and have her not know. I have also read about some risks, short term and long term, and I wont go into detail about that but the more information I have the more at ease I will be. I know I am all over the place but I want the experience in a safe environment so please be helpful! Thank you

Do shrooms with an experienced user. They will know what their doing if u have a bad trip or something, but it'll still be fun to do retarded shroom shit with them. If ur worried about ur mom finding out, just spend most of your time outside, in ur room, or watching tv. Tv on shrooms isn't something I like, but maybe for a first timer it would be good. Nothing's gonna happen outside, except people look at you funny maybe. Hallucinogen-induced psychosis is incredibly rare, so you should not worry about that. Smoking some bud on shrooms is nice af too. If u go with staying in your room, don't underestimate how interesting it'll be. Listening to music is a must on most hallucinogens, so play that shit. I would recommend more chill or instrumental focused music for a first timer. Also, you probably won't be that fucked up if you take a good starting dose, so don't worry much about your mom. Hope all goes well and cheers

Seriously consider if you really need to open this door.

If i knew what i knew, now, at 16, i wouldnt have.
If your curious, the reasons that might or are supposed to persuade you drugs are bad, seem to disolve with careful research.

However, it is only with a very experienced and aged mind, i can now see the damage. Others still cant, but it is internal and massive.

Good luck, not really su re your question but hope your journey is not too impacted from the outcome of your question/scenario

If you've never tripped before, it's good to do it with a good friend so you can feel comfortable. It wouldn't be very fun stuck in your room alone. I'm going to move this over to Psychedelic Drugs. Welcome to Bluelight. :)

I realize now I made my actual motive for this post extremely confusing so let me say this basically what I listed above was all my main concerns about taking a hallucinogen. I was also wondering if there is a better/safer drug to do, like which is the least harmful or least to have issues with. I also am still unsure about doing it by myself in my room when my mom and brother are home, but I don?t know very many other people and definitely not ones that would be accepting of this probably... I have been through a lot of things in my life and really want this experience to give perspective i wouldn?t otherwise know or see. Again thank you and sorry if I?m confusing?half the time I don?t even know what I?m saying

For a positive experience it is crucial that you are in an environment where you can let go and not worry about how you will appear to other people. So doing it at home with family members in the next room is not a great idea. I wouldn't recommend doing it alone for your first time either, it would be better to have someone with you that you feel comfortable around. If you feel like you can't create a suitable environment at this point in your life, maybe consider if it's worth it to wait a few years till such an opportunity arises.

I would just say wait until you're 18 or older, and out of your folks' place. LSD and shrooms have very, very low toxicity, lower than cannabis in fact, but the people with the most reported mental breakdowns from tripping are always always always teenagers such as yourself. Chances are you'd be fine, but no one can guarantee that. Not to mention your brain still has almost a decade of development left before you're fully an adult. I tripped the first time when I was 19 and I still see that as being a bit too young in hindsight.

Shrooms do last a few hours shorter (6-8 hours as opposed to the 12 or so of LSD) so I guess if you're going to forgo any good advice but one thing, I'd opt for shrooms. I find them more anxiety inducing than LSD personally, but at least you would come down sooner. Do not take them alone, rather trip with a friend, who is preferably also tripping or has before so they can empathize with you. And whatever you do... Do not take them at home when your folks are there! 9 times out of 10 that's a recipe for disaster. They will find out, you can't hide that you're tripping for 8 straight hours, at some point you would be forced to interact, and words can cease to have meaning on psychedelics.

What reason have you to want this now anyways? Why not wait? Do you have a boyfriend? Why don't you chase safer, more legal and condoned 'highs' like romance or sports, or hobbies? When I was your age I had airsoft, women, and video games. The thought never crossed my mind to even try drugs till I was almost in college.

Smoking some bud on shrooms is nice af too.

I would definitely not recommend this to a first-timer, though.

Smoking weed usually won't make for a more relaxed trip - instead it will often greatly potentiate psychedelics in unpredictable ways, and seeing as how psychedelics are generally very unpredictable substances to begin with, things can go South real quick. If you're a teenager tripping at home, worried that their parents might find out (which ain't exactly the best of sets & settings), you might be in for the paranoia of your life.

As for selecting your first psychedelic, shrooms are probably preferable to LSD due to their shorter duration. Or, if you can get it, 2C-B or 2C-C might be an even better choice, since these are generally considered the "gentlest" psychedelics (nice visuals, pleasant bodyload, not overly stimulating, generally positive and clear-headed headspace) and they're also similar in duration to shrooms. Caution: 2C-B is NOT the same as 2C-B-NBOMe aka 25B-NBOMe!

Anyway, in case the trip goes bad, it might also be useful to have a benzo (like Xanax or Ativan) on hand. Even a small dose can often help bring an overly intense trip back under control.

Last edited:
not only have i come to find that recommending drugs to people can lead to bad (even dangerous) times, but theres a rule (for good reason) around here about "what drug(s) should i take?" type questions.

with that said, and with careful tiptoeing, i will say that i believe there is no perfect introduction to the dense, powerful, sometimes harrowing world of psychedelic drugs (and some ppl just dont do well with them anyway)... i used lsd for my first (and second... a REAL whopper) trips, but went on quickly to other things after thinking i had it all under control. one bad trip on mushrooms and a series of extremely difficult dmt trips led me down a path of unhealthy mental sweat (paranoia, lack of trust for my closest ppl), proving me not to be the infallible psychonaut my 21 yo self wanted to believe i was.

for many, integrating the experiences is much easier when they start off slow, and gradually over weeks, months, longer, raise the dosages to get feet wet and familiarity for navigating the space.

i went that route with my tripping partner (low dose mushrooms) but quickly she realized that she wanted to go much higher. having already been exposed to extreme states through dissociative drugs (egos melting together, sometimes wild headspaces), we (possibly foolishly) agreed on a quite high 250-275ug dosage of eth-LAD. she was thrust right into oblivion, and came out unscathed. but the nature of the beast is that often there is not only scathing, but deep scarring sometimes.

this is not to scare you, but to help make you aware of at least one possibility.

i implore you to read through this site, immerse yourself in the info and the mindset, read reports (erowid and here), pick some drugs (maybe start with the classic ones like mushies, lsd, etc) and research!

the 'big & dandy' threads on the various psychedelics are a great start.

*edit... oh and of course at the top of this page you will see a link to "the psychedelic index"... what a wealth of info that is... the product of much hard work and time, (i believe) as committed by one of the mods here 'solipsis'

Last edited:
You're too young for me to say that taking mushrooms or any psychedelic is a good idea by any means, but overall from personal experiences, I would say that mushrooms are less likely to result in problems than LSD is. Though, this is just my personal experiences as I am someone who doesn't tend to have good reactions to LSD but generally has had positive experiences on natural psychedelics but typically becomes quite paranoid while on acid. And I've known other people who have had similar experiences. There are plenty of people who have had the opposite reaction or more commonly their mushroom trips result in them getting sick during the trip. Someone I knew actually she said that her mushroom trip was like tripping while having food poisoning, though I've never become anywhere near that sick while on shrooms and haven't had anything other than very mild nausea that comes and goes. But it just goes to say, everyone reacts very differently to these substances. Also, regardless of the specific substance, being on psychedelics when you have to interact with a family member who you don't want to know that you're tripping is just asking for trouble anxiety wise. Even being in the same household as someone who you are concerned may become angry or frightened by your psychedelic use could cause paranoia for a lot of people, though these things vary from person to person tremendously. Mushrooms tend to be shorter in duration (can be 12ish hours but often is more like 6-7 hours or so, whereas acid lasts a full 12 hours almost always. Also, it's generally safer to take a psychedelic with other people rather than alone for first timers, though I'll admit that my first psychedelic experience was alone. However, if you take psychedelics, you should have someone with you just in case anything goes wrong for whatever reason.