Explainer: Bluelight-Google Co-op

Status
Not open for further replies.

DigitalDuality

Bluelighter
What is it?

I am sure many of you have noticed a new Google Search above many of the focus forums as of late. This is not meant to be a redundant search for just Bluelight, but an informational tool to aide everyone in finding quality information quickly about drugs and harm reduction on many sites.

If you perform a search on Ecstasy through just Google you come up with a large number of results. Some relevant to your search, many not so relevant.

If you perform the same search with our Google Co-Op, it will search only the sites we tell it to. So you can quickly search Bluelight, DanceSafe, Enlighten and PillReports all at once.

Google Co-op allows you to submit any number of sites to search of your choosing. We have elected to compile a list of informational web sites pertaining to the mission of Bluelight that can aide our members with a resource beyond just what Bluelight provides.

This allows us to refine our search on the web to sites we only find relevant. So we can exclude scam sites, sites that may be the total opposite of what we are looking for, and just in general weed out the junk on the web.

How can I contribute?

We are also asking for the community here to submit links to what they consider valuable resources. The more that participate, the larger our focused link database becomes and the more valuable this resource will grow.

You can submit a link by Reporting this Post. Once you hit the Report button in the bottom left hand side of this post, you will be brought to a text box. Enter the link you want added and submit. We will attempt to have this added in a timely fashion.

What Type of Sites We Are (Not) Looking For

The sites submitted to this will be in line with the Bluelight User Agreement. We're looking for sites to submit that can provide harm reduction information mostly, but sites concerning your rights as a citizen and drug laws will go in as well.

What we are not looking for is sites that sell drugs illegally. We are not looking for sites that have nothing to do with the purpose of Bluelight. Just use a little common sense when submitting requests for a link to be added.

What Sites are Currently Searched

Currently our Co-op whitelist of sites are as follows: (subject to change)

www.bluelight.ru
www.pillreports.com
www.erowid.org
www.lycaeum.org
www.enlighten.org.au
www.shroomery.org
www.dancesafe.org
www.yahooka.com
www.thedea.org
www.norml.org
www.shaman-australis.com
www.opiophile.org
www.thelist.org.au
www.grasscity.com
www.drugs-forum.co.uk
www.canadianharmreduction.com
www.drugpolicy.org
www.flexyourrights.org
www.leap.cc
www.maps.org
www.wikipedia.org
groups.google.com/group/alt.drugs.hard/topics

Privacy

There are no privacy concerns using Google Co-op to search for this information that's any greater than using Google itself. Before this was made public it was a raised concern by a staff member so I just thought I'd answer it again before anyone else brought it up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.