• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

explain why do i get sober after falling asleep on drugs

therealog

Greenlighter
Haven't posted in a long time but im an avid lurker here, if that doesn't sound too creepy. Anyways, the title says it. How come when i nod too hard and actually sleep i waste my high? Even with xanax, which has a n 11 hour half life, i feel sober when waking up. I get it being in my system is not synonymous with feeling its effects. Can anyone explain the correlation to me though? Like i took two somas (which its metabolite, meprobamate, has a 10 hour half life too)and 1mg xanax last night. I took half a soma this morning and .25 xanax and am now on my way to score some H. Will the drugs i took last night help synergize with the H I'm about to do? So i guess i have two questions here. Feel free to move this as needed cuz you're going to anyways.

I am not very knowledgeable with the specifics of this question, but here's my best guess...

One of the main reasons for sleeping is for your body to recuperate. That means, in very basic terms, that your mind is slowing down its brain waves and firing rates between synapses (which is where your drugs are doing their thing) and your body is also simultaneously working through whatever is in your body. Therefore after even only a couple hours of sleep, your body has depleted the amount of substance in your body down to negligible levels and the high has run its course. I know that theres a lot more at work here, but hopefully someone with more knowledge on this subject can add to it

xanax doesnt really have that long of a half life maybe 6 hrs and a hr or 2 ...(2 hrs is kinda pushing it) of actual therapeutic benefits if you're lucky
its one of the most short lasting benzos out there
so even a nap of a few hrs you def wont feel it anymore unless you are super sensitive to benzos

xanax isnt a benzo if you wanna mix with something else klonopin or diazepam would be a better choice

I hate it when you get hammered on booze and wake up still feeling drunk.

Occasionally after taking very strong stimulants (like LSD or meth) I'll wake up still feeling "high" in an overstimulated kind of way, but usually sleep sobers me up too (esp. with depressants)

I hate it when you get hammered on booze and wake up still feeling drunk.

Occasionally after taking very strong stimulants (like LSD or meth) I'll wake up still feeling "high" in an overstimulated kind of way, but usually sleep sobers me up too (esp. with depressants)

haha yeah ive been there...waking up still hammered followed by the transition into a hangover now that shit isnt fun while awake

simy because time has passed. And a huge part of a high is psychological. When you wake up you're not usually high and you don't expect to be high and you're not mentally riding the highlife you were. But you're probably somewhat fucked up from the Xanax when you wake up you just don't notice it. I always say people don't know how fucked up they are when they take drugs. And Xanax is the prime example of that. I do retarded shit the next day after taking high doses of Xanax almost every time especially if I work in the morning. No fucks given until half way through the shift if at all that day

Well Xanax actually does have a long half life but a short duration of action so it will wear off fast either way.

I don't know what it is but if I am groggy from just waking up any drug I take seems to have really dull effects. When I have a whole day to get high I always wait until i completely wake up before taking anything. Either way like others have said if you fall asleep you are at least out for 30 min which is enough time for a high to dissipate.

Thanks for the explanations guys. I guess there are many factors involved. A very interesting subject to me, a person who loves to nod but hates a high wasted by sleep. Its a love/hate relationship i guess lol.

I am not very knowledgeable with the specifics of this question, but here's my best guess...

One of the main reasons for sleeping is for your body to recuperate. That means, in very basic terms, that your mind is slowing down its brain waves and firing rates between synapses (which is where your drugs are doing their thing) and your body is also simultaneously working through whatever is in your body. Therefore after even only a couple hours of sleep, your body has depleted the amount of substance in your body down to negligible levels and the high has run its course. I know that theres a lot more at work here, but hopefully someone with more knowledge on this subject can add to it
yes their is a a LOT more to it than.. that..