Experimental/Chillout/Ambient/Downtempo/Trip hop MEGATHREAD

Bibio, Tycho, Lone, Wax Stag...

Any of you listen to these? I guess you could consider them like, ambient electronic music. I don't know, the songs are composed in a way so the notes hit all the sweet spots in your brain. They're really good tripping music, too.

Been listening to Bibio and Lone for a while now, I love 'em both!

Wax Stag is pretty dope, and I havent heard of Tycho, i'll have to check him (them? her?) out!

I love IDM :)<3

Some day, when the time is right I'm sure they'll drop something new. Music Has the Right to Children is one of the most profound pieces of music ever done in my opinion, the psychic effects that album wields just never cease to amaze, and the album never gets old. It's one of those very few albums that's just so perfect in every way and carries in it something so deep and resonant, a miracle for humanity I like to think of it as. So perfect that I don't think BoC needed to ever even put anything out after - although I love all that material as well.

Air+B.O.C+Brian Eno = Ultimate Reading/Smoking/Relaxing mix

:)

just my 2 cents dunno what happened to them. I loved their last album more than anything else released that year......2006ish?? I dunno. Fantastic electronica though. Right up there with the Best o the best ya'lls.

ANUY you guys kije ko liike black moth super rainbow? thryu are liike boards of candada but with vocals ahah, amaybe a bit iirratinal comparisojn,

yea i listen to them often..I wish as well they would come out with a new album i love the vinyl sound they have.

i love boards of canada i wish they would put together some more music for us. music has the right to children is so good youre right putin. i wonder if they still make music, with that music talent i think it would have to flow somewhere, hmm, they're from scottland maybe you could ask them in person if you saw them :)

i love boards of canada i wish they would put together some more music for us. music has the right to children is so good youre right putin. i wonder if they still make music, with that music talent i think it would have to flow somewhere, hmm, they're from scotland maybe you could ask them in person if you saw them there :)

I saw Bonobo last night...man, what an AWESOME show.

Black Sands is a flawless album

:D

yeah bonobo is real good. hmm similar to bonobo, i like ott of off twisted as mentioned above, bonobo is pretty unique in my opinion.

Merged a bunch of ambient/ experimental/ chillout/ downtemp/ IDM threads together!

I would highly recommend Teengirl Fantasy, Ilkae, or Million Young for those looking for new music. I can't get enough of them %)

Definitely will be checking those out!! ^

Im so stoked on Bonobo and Tokimonsta this Friday!!!!!! Ahhhhh it's going to be out of this world!

anybody know of anything that sounds ancient and downtempo/psy? for whatever reason I felt compelled to ask for something like this, emphasis on ancient.