• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Experiment on detoxxing from Suboxone.

Well, here I am on day 5. Approximately 117 hours since my last dose of suboxone. I have taken 20 grams of kratom today which has smashed the withdrawals. I just took a dose of tylenol 3 syrup also. I have read that some treatment centers administer small dosages of other opiates during sub withdrawals in order to try and weaken the bupe on the receptors. I will try to find the link and add it in on my next post. Tomorrow I am going to drop myself to 18 grams of kratom if I can and reduce by 2 grams everyday. I really don't want to go through withdrawals from the kratom or from the sub and kratom at the same time. This means that I better get busy starting my taper now.

Day 19 suboxone free here. Had I known it would have been so bad I would've switched to kratom or codeine. Don't really want to waste my days, now. Good luck!

when i was going through it even 1 hydrocodone would totally change how i felt. youre doing good man. keep with it. you def don't wanna waste all the time youve put in. it will be worth it in the end to be off the subs.

Thank you for the support!! Today is day 6 and I woke up with a little less anxiety than I did yesterday but some was still there. I took a big dose of kratom this morning (10 grams) and I am going to see how long I can go without taking anymore. My goal is to go all day or atleast half a day. I had sweat beads breaking out on my upper lip and the prickly skin WD feeling before I took the plant and that is gone now. I don't feel as fatigued or depressed so far today so hopefully it will just keep getting better and I can begin tapering off of the kratom. I picked up a shift tomorrow at work so this will get me out of the house. I took 2 weeks off so that I could get through this and still keep my job intact. I think I am functional enough to go back. I know I can tough it through atleast 1 day in order to get some extra christmas money up for my kids. People tip well during the holidays. Well, I am going to sign off for know and update later as to whether I can follow my plan and only take 18 grams of kratom today. That is a tough one for an Ol' addict like me!!

Last edited:
The title should probably be "experiment on detoxing from kratom" since that's what you are going to end up doing. You should have waited to take those 2 weeks off from work, or just not taken any kratom (which just prolonged the withdrawal) and gotten the kick over with already so you would be ready for work.

Suboxone withdrawals had me out of commission for about 8 days (took 2 weeks before I was back at about 80% or so) so if you had taken your last dose at the start of your two weeks off you would have been feeling good enough to return to work after the two weeks off. Are you able to take more time off for when you get off of the kratom? If you type in "kratom withdrawal" into the Bluelight Google Search on the top right of the forum you will see that it's no walk in the park.

I don't mean to be a buzzkill, but you really haven't gotten around to the withdrawal yet so I wouldn't be celebrating victory over suboxone when you are taking something that you will still have to withdraw from.

only 8 days tommy? i took me over a month.how long were you on it and what dose? what did you taper to?

i actually saw a video on youtube about taking extremely large doses of immodium to help with opiate withdrawl. like 100 pills or something. it was by a jew with the hair curls(forget what you call them)

only 8 days tommy? i took me over a month.how long were you on it and what dose? what did you taper to?

I was prescribed 32mg/day for 18 months. I usually took 16mg a day. I didn't taper really. I went from 16mg to nothing in 2 weeks time, so I think the first week I was at 8mg, then the second was like 6, 4, 4, 2, 2, 2, 1. It still took 2 days before getting bad, and days 3, 4, 5 were the worst. I didn't mean that it was over in 8 days, just that the worst was over by then. It took 2 weeks before I could go out partying with friends again, and a month before I was eating and sleeping normally.

i went from 32/day down to around 1mg. i was on 32 for many years though. tapered to 1 mg over around 6 months and i felt like shit for well over a month. will never get back on a long half life opioid again.

Excuse me but I am tapering my kratom dose and yes, I have been through kratom withdrawal. It lasted about 4 days and is much less severe than sub withdrawal or any other opiate withdrawal. That was without tapering and with being on high doses for 3 months not 2 weeks. I would rather go through a minor 4 day withdrawal than through a much more severe 2 week withdrawal from sub. Either way, whoever reads this thread will atleast know what not to do. Have a great day!!

Day 7. I just woke up and I feel crappy. I took 5 grams of kratom. I was successful yesterday in tapering down to 18 grams of kratom. I am going to try and go down to 16 grams today. The 5 grams that I took was the last dose of stronger kratom that I had. Now I just have the commercial Bali. Hopefully it will still work and I won't just have to take more of it to get some relief. These withdrawals suck!!

Day 9. Well, I screwed up yesterday and took my little dried up sliver of sub. It was not enough to feel any kind of buzz off of because I didn't but apparently it was just enough to block the kratom from working. So here I am basically starting all over again. Atleast all of the sub is gone. So today I have been feeling like crap and I ran across a site that tells how to get loperamide to cross the BBB. Well, I tried it and I actually feel pretty good now. What I did was take 600mg of tagment. 30 minutes later I swallowed down 50mg of loperamide with a 16 oz. Glass of grapefruit juice, an 8 oz. Glass of tonic water with quinine in it and I threw in 2 gelcaps of black pepper. I do not feel any withdrawals and I feel warm all over and relaxed. I have a very minor euphoria that would probably be a lot stronger if I hadn't of taken that damn sub yesterday. The guy who recommended doing this, swears by it and says that he does it everyday to get high. Anyway, thats where I am at now. I just want to be free of the bupe and I will do darn near anything to ease the hell of getting off of it. Whatever works!!

Aw, you aren't starting all over again :). I'm sure you've made lots of progress. Stay strong.

Be careful with the loperamide, just use enough to make your withdrawals bearable and then taper off it. There are a few people on here who ended up dependent on loperamide and found it very difficult to get off. Here's one recent example: Need serious help for this big mess ive created - loperamide withdrawal

Agreed.

OP, I didn't mean to come off like I was going hard on you, but you have to realize that the drugs that you are taking to get off the suboxone also cause dependence and withdrawal. The link in Swimmingdancers post shows how loperamide causes withdrawals, and this thread is one of several about kratom withdrawal.

You can type in "kratom withdrawal" into the Bluelight Google Search on the top right of the forum if you want to read more about it and see if there is any information that can be helpful to you for tapering off of it.

i would not worry about kratom w/d -i used it daily for 3 weeks to get off subs and i had no w/d from it at all and i have been using opiates for 12 years. good luck -after week 2 it gets alot easier.