• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

experiment failed:(

liz4304

Greenlighter
I've been reading a alot on here about MDMA and SSRI's, mainly effexor. I've been on 75mg of effexor for over 10 years and wanted to try MDMA. There were mixed reviews. I concluded that there was really no harm (serotonin syndrome is NOT an issue), just that it will not effect me. Well this showed to be very true! Left the bar early and came home because I felt absolutely nothing. Very Sad:( As far as not taking the effexor for a few day was totally not an option for me, the withdrawal is not worth it

I've heard you need to stop it at least a week before taking e. I'm on Lexapro and stopped taking it 7 days ago so that I could roll tonight. I'll update to show if it worked or not. I tried it once while I was taking the lexapro everyday and it didn't do anything.

It all depends on how long you were on the SSRI. For people that have been on them for a really long time it can take a while before they're able to roll again, much longer than a week. For people that have only been on them for a short while it might take much less time

Yeah I just got home from Lights All Night and never experienced any mind blowing euphoria, empathy, and love mdma is supposed to trigger. My friends who took the same one's I had and they were rolling while I just a slight mood lift. So I figured all anti-depressant should be discontinued for 6 weeks to allow full mdma experience happening. 1 week break from ssri's turned out to still interfere with my mdma use.

Yeah I just got home from Lights All Night and never experienced any mind blowing euphoria, empathy, and love mdma is supposed to trigger. My friends who took the same one's I had and they were rolling while I just a slight mood lift. So I figured all anti-depressant should be discontinued for 6 weeks to allow full mdma experience happening. 1 week break from ssri's turned out to still interfere with my mdma use.

Some people need to wait a lot longer than 6 weeks for them to be able to roll again after SSRI.

If I'm even a few hours late on taking effexor I feel the horrible withdrawal. I honestly can't imagine how people stop for 7 days. I'm so bummed! This was the first time I've tried MDMA in years! I was hoping it would work. Is there anything that would work for me? LSD? I want to trip with my best friend

If I'm even a few hours late on taking effexor I feel the horrible withdrawal. I honestly can't imagine how people stop for 7 days. I'm so bummed! This was the first time I've tried MDMA in years! I was hoping it would work. Is there anything that would work for me? LSD? I want to trip with my best friend

I found GHB, maybe plus a little amphetamine, to be a great alternative if you're in a group of people who roll and MDMA doesn't work for you. Dosing GHB is a bit tricky - you need to do a little research, you need a syringe or scaled pipette, you need to remember when you last took some (or use the timer on your phone) and you probably need a couple of tries from starting low to find your ideal dose. That's likely to be just a few ml less than what makes you sleep, so no eyeballing. Plus you can't mix it with alcohol or other downers, that's potentially fatal. But once you figured all that out GHB can almost be as amazing as MDMA, which much less negative side effects. It's worth the effort IMO.

Also check out this thread for which drugs you can take on different antidepressants. LSD seems to be safe physically but I'm a bit reluctant to recommend psychedelics to someone who suffers from depression. It's pretty easy to take a wrong turn even if you're usually emotionally stable. Call me overcautios but I'd recommend an experienced and sober trip sitter to try that if you want to.