• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Heroin Experiencing odd pain when I shoot up

Regulat0r10

Bluelighter
as title states, whenever I shoot (probably half the times) of quality h#4 (fent free) sometimes when I shoot, seconds after, I get this burning sensation throughout my whole body. My fave even turns red for a few minutes… I’ve tried everything from using bacteriostatic usp water, running it thru a wheel filter ect thanks to captain heroin (RIP)

Any ideas guys? I typically rotate veins ect so I can’t figure out why. Once someone said I prob hit an artery but I dnt think that’s the case. It’s not the h either

as title states, whenever I shoot (probably half the times) of quality h#4 (fent free) sometimes when I shoot, seconds after, I get this burning sensation throughout my whole body. My fave even turns red for a few minutes… I’ve tried everything from using bacteriostatic usp water, running it thru a wheel filter ect thanks to captain heroin (RIP)

Any ideas guys? I typically rotate veins ect so I can’t figure out why. Once someone said I prob hit an artery but I dnt think that’s the case. It’s not the h either
You are becoming allergic to the heroin or whatever it is cut with.

No, I'm not joking.

Yes, you can become allergic to heroin after repeated intravenous injection.

I'm being 100% serious.

IV abuse of opiates causes a chronically elevated level of histamine and tryptase in IDU (intravenous drug users).

Opiates are also well known for unspecifically causing a huge release of histamine.

Apparently this has resulted in death by anaphylactic shock in some number of IDU.

I don't know if your allergic reaction will get more profound or stay the way it is.

You describe it almost classic histamine reaction with the burning throughout your body and the red face.

You are becoming allergic to the heroin or whatever it is cut with.

No, I'm not joking.

Yes, you can become allergic to heroin after repeated intravenous injection.

I'm being 100% serious.

IV abuse of opiates causes a chronically elevated level of histamine and tryptase in IDU (intravenous drug users).

Opiates are also well known for unspecifically causing a huge release of histamine.

Apparently this has resulted in death by anaphylactic shock in some number of IDU.

I don't know if your allergic reaction will get more profound or stay the way it is.

You describe it almost classic histamine reaction with the burning throughout your body and the red face.
Do you think taking a therapeutic dose of a standard antihistamine like DPH would help?

not to encourage anyone to push their body beyond its limits just curious

Do you use heroin recreationally or to treat pain? Or both. Just wanting to know your background as a user. Do you think perhaps consuming a different opiod in a non IV route might be an option or are you firmly set on using heroin? I know we all are faced with limited options and tools to meet our needs sometimes. Wishing you the best man, sounds like a gnarly reaction you're having to your drug of choice!

Do you think taking a therapeutic dose of a standard antihistamine like DPH would help?

not to encourage anyone to push their body beyond its limits just curious
I have no idea.

Apparently there is some research into this phenomenon. The fact that histamine and tryptase are chronically elevated in IDU, seems to indicate that it will be an ongoing issue.

The fact that some researchers attribute some instances of sudden death in IDU to anaphylactic shock and not overdose is chilling.

That’s wild! It’s odd because I’ve used the same batch and hadn’t always happened. Would hydroxyzine prevent this from happening? Or is it time to hang up the syringes

I have no idea.

Apparently there is some research into this phenomenon. The fact that histamine and tryptase are chronically elevated in IDU, seems to indicate that it will be an ongoing issue.

The fact that some researchers attribute some instances of sudden death in IDU to anaphylactic shock and not overdose is chilling.
Is really interesting

I was not aware of any of this until you wrote about it

That’s wild! It’s odd because I’ve used the same batch and hadn’t always happened. Would hydroxyzine prevent this from happening? Or is it time to hang up the syringes
I think you're in untested waters, man

I guess having a reason to hang up the syringes is never a bad thing for your long term health tho, eh?