• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Expense of taking weed orally?

Simfish

Bluelighter
I'm just wondering - is taking weed orally (through pot brownies, butter, or tinctures) significantly more expensive per gram of THC than buying the weed as a plant?

Also - what is the least expensive way of obtaining marijuana orally?

I don't want to smoke it, and I'm not sure if I have the space/cost for a vaporizer. What about an e-cig? Or Hash oil?

Last edited:
Fuck oral cannabis, get yourself a nice vape, it pays itself off after a while and is clean on your lungs.

if cooked properly it is probably cheaper per THC molecule you are consuming, but you are likely to consume more, so i'd say you're probably in the red compared to a vape and similar compared to a bong, but these are all approximations. Also the high isn't as sociable but idk how you use weed.

Fuck oral cannabis, get yourself a nice vape, it pays itself off after a while and is clean on your lungs.

+1 on this, vapes are definitely the future. You will also find that when you have vaped the weed, if you put around 1g in a gelcap, it will get you pretty nicely baked, but not for as long as an edible due to the fact it isn't dissolved in an oil and can be removed from your body faster.

Get a quality vape and save your AVB leftovers, these can be mixed in with food (preferred) or eaten strait.

I had heard it was a 7-5 ratio. You had to eat 7 parts compared to 5 smoked to get the same high. But the upswing was that the high eating it lasted significantly longer. I can't say this is a fact only what I heard, but eating it you can definitely get trippy high, that is a fact from personal experience. Much higher than smoking it. Eating hash per se will knock you on your ass, out cold.

1 brownie = body high all day plus afterglow next day
1 vaporizer hit = heady high 1~3 hours depend on tolerance

If you have access to medical cannabis (ie. at various price points), then relying on edible cannabis is probably less expensive. With an ounce of cheap bud or even quality trim you can make a pound of butter, which will make dozens of edibles.

Cheapest way to vape is honey oil (BHO) with a vape pen. Uses incredibly little to keep you medicated all the time.

Vape pen combined with edibles you could stay medicated 24/7 for a few dollars a day in a medical state.

I might add that 9/10 times I have heard of people who tried oral cannabis, it didn't end up well because it is too unpredictable. If you wanna save your lungs, like I said get a vape.

I might add that 9/10 times I have heard of people who tried oral cannabis, it didn't end up well because it is too unpredictable. If you wanna save your lungs, like I said get a vape.

Definitely, the time for onset and the duration etc really make it a very different experience to smoking / vaping (although vaping is a bit different, just not AS different.) and really I think OP might not find that it fills the void that smoking fills, regardless of price.

Not just that but its also the potency that varies from different batches that concerns me a lot, way too many variables IMO. If you were able to see exactly how much THC you were putting in to the mixture then yeah, you've got a rough idea of potency... However, I would agree with say pharmaceutical THC that was dosed orally in medicine/pill form already undergone the process to be taken in orally, you know how much your getting etc and it will be predictable and make for a good alternative analgesic.

But hey this is my opinion.

That's a certainty, I ate a quarter ounce of black hash before a Tull concert and missed the whole show.

Definitely true mrspeedyg, I was agreeing but I dont think I really made the link very well- due to the time taken for onset it is hard to 'build' a dose like you might do when smoking so you have to just guess and hope you get it right.

If you want a cheap and simple way to ingest marijuana and get high, simply make firecrackers. If you're unfamiliar with those, they consist of peanut butter smeared upon a ritz cracker and topped with marijuana. Securely wrap the firecrackers in foil and bake on 320 degrees Fahrenheit.