L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Expectations too high? Am I just jealous/insecure

jennyjade

Greenlighter
We have been back together about a month now (we've been off and on for 6 years). We were separated since the middle of July.

During our time separation he started talking/planning on being with a women he had dated about 1 1/2 years ago (during one of our separated times) again.

(Side note: I know he liked her back then because he moved her in with him but a few weeks later ended the relationship because she stabbed the dog, tried slitting her wrists and many other reasons)

Now, this women is currently in jail. She's been there since the spring. She's getting out within the next month or two. She was planning on coming here but we are not back together.

The first couple weeks we got back together she kept calling his phone and writing letters. He wouldn't answer as he didn't have money on her account for calls (I mentioned earlier she is in jail). I asked self the question "why wouldn't he tell her we are back together?" After all, in her defense she has the right to know and not be lead on and in my defense, I deserve the respect of those doors closing and not being a constantly reminded ( by her phone calls/letters) of their relationship.

One day she called the house. I answered. He and I together told her that we are back together. Yes....she was confused ( I get it). But at that point she should get the hint. Since then she constantly writes and calls. We ( well I ) wrote a letter to her apologizing for the situation, that we are not holding her letters from friends ( she asked) and that she no longer contact us in any way. My boyfriend signed off on it. At this time he also promised to block the prison number so she can no longer call.

From there I didnt question anything. I believed he did what was right. However, as of two days ago, I found out that she has been constantly calling him- including today. It doesn't show that he answered but still.

The other night when she called I got upset and said " I thought you blocked the number?" He got an attitude with me about it and said " I have but they keep coming through." I said well "why haven't you answered and told her to stop calling or attempt to take other measures to stop this?" He said " because I havent"

He is not at all sympathetic to how this would make me feel. I'm always the crazy jealous insecure one that pisses him off.

Am I wrong for thinking he should answer the call and tell her off and to stop calling? Or maybe he should change his number?
Or to take some other forms of measure to cut that rope and make sure she is out of our lives? Or am I wrong and just being jealous and insecure?

I feel like he should be putting some kind of effort into letting me know I have nothing to worry about and putting an end to all of the past reminders of our issues. Especially since I try so hard not to be a naggy person.

Hi Hun.

I'm sorry for your situation.

You're totally right to feel the way you do. I have been and am still going through something similar.

You have to be assertive with him and say that you want her number blocking asap. It's not fair on you and will ultimately ruin your relationship.

If he can't do this for you, then what hope do you both have? Not much I don't think. Don't let him take you for a mug, you're worth so much more than that.

Good luck and if you'd like to chat/rant any further, then don't hesitate to PM me x

You're far from crazy my love.

It's a totally normal, human reaction to feel threatened by this behaviour.

Don't ever second guess your feelings.

I hope you work this out.

Yeah....I'm afraid that when I bring it up I know I'll get the " things are never going 5i change. This is never going to work. What does it matter as long as I'm not answering....etc.?"

Hey. I understand why you're feeling the way you do. You're completely right for wanting him to block the number etc... ask him what he would do if it was the other way around. I would try not to get too worked up about it because at the end of the day it's you he is with, however I'd sit down and have a long talk with him, let him know you need re assuring from time to time.

X

I called the prison she is at and they told me that the person who handles blocking numbers won't be in until Monday. So ill call on Monday to have the number blocked internally. My concern however is that she knows the number. So when she gets out she will be calling. I don't know.

He knows exactly how i feel as I have expressed myself many times. In the past i have asked him how he would feel if the shoe were in the other foot and the response i have gotten was " im not a jealous person. You know that. If i start getyong jealpus and insecure then i would have to ask myself why we are tofether. I just trust that you are with me and question nothing else." Basically he expects me to be the same way he is and im not.

But yeah....he knows how I feel. But when I bring it up I'm just being insecure and jealous and he gets distant and on edge.

In most cases no. However, if it involves something he is doing/not doing or anything about him then yes...he can become very confrontational. Which obviously is a problem. He gets angry that I don't speak up about my feelings, but when I do I end up in the dog house. Then I'm accused of never being happy.