Exogenous estrogen?

Serotonin101

Moderator: SIED
Staff member
I posted this elsewhere but wanted some of the minds here to ponder this.
We shut down natural test and replace it and through blood work know what mg of test puts our blood levels at. Couldn't the same be done with estrogen? This would eliminate the need of guesswork for varying dosages of aromatizing compounds. Simply nuke estrogen with Aromasin and take exogenous estrogen.

E1 is estrone, E2 is estradiol, E3 is estriol. I believe they all are present in males, but E2 is the dominant candidate. The latter are in very small amounts. However, I don't know if the minuscule presence of those make them inferior in the function. That is why males get a, "Sensitive Estradiol Assay" or something like that. I'm in class, but my school is literally a block away and I can still get my router signal :)

Could be wrong. I would feel adding another complicated equation of estrogen administration is only adding to the complexity of hormone use in the realm of performance enhancement.

Last edited:
As Grym says, there's more than one oestrogen/oestradiol etc and I would assume (although I've never researched really) that they likely all perform useful functions even in the male body (a bit like how there's more than one kind of hGH released from the pituitary).

Even if you could get, say, a balanced oestrogen blend or something, I'm also not sure if you could truly completely block aromatase activity enough in all necessary sites - for example the testes where simply taking an AAS appears to rapidly upregulate local (but not to the same extent global or circulatory) aromatase and oestrogen output. So by adding exogenous oestrogen to make bloods look balanced, you may actually be raising those levels much higher (and deleteriously) in specific sites.

I guess the problem is these kind of hypothetical scenarios present us with assumptions that look like they should work on paper but haven't been researched and are unlikely to be tested any time soon. And often it's only when something is researched that they discover a completely contrary outcome.

As Grym says, there's more than one oestrogen/oestradiol etc and I would assume (although I've never researched really) that they likely all perform useful functions even in the male body (a bit like how there's more than one kind of hGH released from the pituitary).

Even if you could get, say, a balanced oestrogen blend or something, I'm also not sure if you could truly completely block aromatase activity enough in all necessary sites - for example the testes where simply taking an AAS appears to rapidly upregulate local (but not to the same extent global or circulatory) aromatase and oestrogen output. So by adding exogenous oestrogen to make bloods look balanced, you may actually be raising those levels much higher (and deleteriously) in specific sites.

I guess the problem is these kind of hypothetical scenarios present us with assumptions that look like they should work on paper but haven't been researched and are unlikely to be tested any time soon. And often it's only when something is researched that they discover a completely contrary outcome.

I have been noticing this a lot lately as I try to learn more. It seems like nothing is honestly practical and straight forward on paper in comparison to what physiological response it induces. Its difficult to mimic a state of homesostasis within the endocrine system with exogenous hormone introduction. Especially due to the negative feedback mechanisms within the HPTA. Remember estrogen is actually a classified carcinogenic compound (it included synthetic and naturally occuring oestrogens) and at least when you introduce testosterone you are giving your body a more favorable response.