• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Existence without consent

How old are you? In my experience, the way we perceive time changes the older we get. While quite dilated at a young age, it changes over time. As I am progressing through time I feel like it runs faster and faster, the further I progress.
37 and it's the same for me as when I was 7. The only thing I like about being an adult is I don't have to listen to other adults anymore. I felt like somebody else when I was growing up; I had severe growing pains that kept me up for a few years and didn't sleep well when I was 10, 11. I still think about that and it makes me think that I'm still a kid, at least at heart or mind, whatever

37 and it's the same for me as when I was 7. The only thing I like about being an adult is I don't have to listen to other adults anymore. I felt like somebody else when I was growing up; I had severe growing pains that kept me up for a few years and didn't sleep well when I was 10, 11. I still think about that and it makes me think that I'm still a kid, at least at heart or mind, whatever
This is rather bizarre. I'm only 29 and I already feel like time is starting to run fast.
I'm buried deep inside work(or was before Corona), and it just seemed like the months and years were going so ridiculously fast.

You have to come to terms with choice and control..

Existing means you are doing something..

Analyze what your choices are about actualization

Hey, we're the same age. :) For me, time is moving uncomfortably fast at this point. It makes me nervous sometimes. A year goes by in a short time, seemingly. I remember being 6 years old and the month of December felt like eternity becayse of waiting for Christmas. When school got out for the summer, the 3 months off felt ;like an eternity, I remember thinking to myself "well, I basically never have to go school again!". Now, 3 months passes before I realize.

It seems logical that as you get older, time seems to pass faster, because you spend less and less time truly processing your input, so you notice less and less, and get absorbed into your routine.

Hey, we're the same age. :) For me, time is moving uncomfortably fast at this point. It makes me nervous sometimes. A year goes by in a short time, seemingly. I remember being 6 years old and the month of December felt like eternity becayse of waiting for Christmas. When school got out for the summer, the 3 months off felt ;like an eternity, I remember thinking to myself "well, I basically never have to go school again!". Now, 3 months passes before I realize.

It seems logical that as you get older, time seems to pass faster, because you spend less and less time truly processing your input, so you notice less and less, and get absorbed into your routine.
I can't recall how many times people have told me that staying busy will make time fly by. I guess what they meant is that if I'm always doing something then it'll go by faster, but that's not possible because as soon as I take a break to eat, sleep or clean myself off it's still going by slowly. Not like I'm complaining though :)

You can not avoid your fate but you can with will power guide it in a reasonable direction for yourself and others.

You can not avoid your fate but you can with will power guide it in a reasonable direction for yourself and others.
I guess you're talking about the fate of mortality, and in that context I agree. Depending on one's beliefs there are other types of fate that involve a destiny or otherwise finding fulfillment in life. Unfortunately I don't have any beliefs that agree with those concepts but I find them interesting

Nobody as far as I know asked to be born, and for what its worth, morally there is no such thing as a wrongful life (that is, a wrongful conception). Everybody assumes Waiting for Godot is about waiting for God, or waiting for a God that never comes, or some expression about existentialism. But it's not, at least in part. I read an interview of Samuel Beckett and he said the whole play is really about the interpersonal dynamics between Didi and Gogo, the way they interact, offset, and need each other. So maybe asking questions about God and metaphysics, and what the 'f does it all mean, in a way misses the point, or at least misses the point in a Waiting for Godot sense. Which is, were still just fucking around like a bunch of monkeys on a rock. I like religion and God as much as the next person, and still practice, but if you read closely enough, God in a religious sense uses people up from birth to death, exactly like the universe and existence is using each of us up. There's really no difference, atheists, agnostics, and believers, all end up at the same place. I think we know enough about ourselves and our history to know what needs to be done and where we are collectively going. But beyond that once your dead you're just another dead peckerhead.