• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Harm Reduction Exercise

How often do you exercise?

• Once a Week

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2-3 Times a Week

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • 5+ Times a Week

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Never

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

acklac7

Ex-Bluelighter
So, I've been noticing something on here: Very few, if any of you mention exercise as a form of harm reduction! All kinds of excellent harm-reduction advice! But 404, exercise not found!

The next time you're on a come down go for a jog instead of busting a line. See how you feel when you get home. Almost as if you busted that extra line, right!?

Exercise people, Exercise!

Speaking of which, if you exercise how often do you exercise? Weights? Cardio?

I try and Exercise 3-4x a week, all Cardio. It's like a drug...

When I'm sick. I can barely move, or even talk. Let alone exercise. That just send child down my spine thinking about it.
Opioids are your drug of choice I take it?

I was more talking stimulants.

exercise is the shit

When I'm sick. I can barely move, or even talk. Let alone exercise. That just send child down my spine thinking about it.
Oh man. Yup, that about sums it up. And fucking apathy. No harm intended A349, but when you are in the thick of opioid withdrawal, the only exercise you hope to manage is getting to the toilet

before you shit yourself. I have exercised my entire life, tomboy. And yes, it does get the endorphins going. But baby steps, baby.

When you're in the grip of a serious stim run, heavy exercise is often the last thing you want...
While peaking and amped up, no. But towards the end of a comedown? I've found exercise to be phenomenally invigorating.

While peaking and amped up, no. But towards the end of a comedown? I've found exercise to be phenomenally invigorating.

Yeh, I hear what you're saying and it's true. But it really only applies to those white collar fucktards that spend all day in the office eating doughnuts. Those of us with physically demanding jobs need not worry about enforced exercise...

Yeh, I hear what you're saying and it's true. But it really only applies to those white collar fucktards that spend all day in the office eating doughnuts. Those of us with physically demanding jobs need not worry about enforced exercise...
Oh, the hell with manual labor! I swore off manual labor years ago!!

But you have a valid point...

I get out and do shit daily (weather permitting).
Since the covid I walk down to the valley and return to get victuals and sitch three times or more. Also there is the home improvements and yardwork goins on. It helps but I feel in stasis compared to working for a living. When I acquire my ride imma get back into iron work (if anyone is building anything). If this pans out it is comparable to working out 8-10 hrs a day 5-7 days a week. That's if one is in the air... if on the ground it's a breeze but no glory. :)
Only thing that worries me about getting on the steel again is the work hard/play hard phenom that goes with it. Been able to deal with this in the past but it always goes a little sideways eventually.

Agreed: Doing anything that moves the blood and sweats out the toxins is a great alternative to a more healthy attitude and body.
Get out there and shake that booty, ya'll!
Peace

I try to exercise a minimum of
3x a week, it’s usually 4x and sometimes as much as 5-6, just depends on how I feel that particular day/week.
I wake up at 6am and go to the gym before work. Usually I do a pretty standard lifting routine, sometimes I’ll do cardio.
I work out because I noticed its a very effective anti depressant for me, the endorphin high is a very real thing. And I feel it’s important to have some healthy activities to balance out the drug use.