Exercise 4 Health, Mental Health, and Addiction vs. I worked all that out

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^ I slacked for sure over the weekend. Back to it today, however. Went to yoga, pushups and core work when I got home. Tomorrow will be jogging day. Feeling way better today then i did over the weekend, especially after yoga.

Made myself a smoothie with strawberries, nonfat vanilla greek yogurt, and organic peanut butter. I'm currently in heaven. :)

Last edited:
^healthy! I think I should get smoothies as well for dinner

I wasn't able to do 1000 crunches coz my bacl hurted but did 500 crunches and 500 russian twists instead. Tomorrow will be the dumbell exercises and ot her fun stuff!

^^ Jesus 1000 crunches Maya?? Even with just the 500, you are light years ahead of me! I generally do like one set of sit ups, made it up to 50 today - and like 3 sets of 50-60 crunches so 150-180ish total. Plus a 60 second plank, and 40 second plank on each side. I guess I'm still working my way up though haha, I couldn't do nearly all this a few weeks ago.

Anyway, keep it up Maya! You're doing great! :)

Jogg halfway around the oval 10 times, walked the rest (still getting used to it) 40 degree heat.
500 crunches? you are crazy! Take me a while to get to that stage

^ hehe thanks guys! I still don't see the results I wanted but hey whatever right lol as long as I am healthier and stronger that's what matters!

I am thinking of skipping cardio today since I went crazy with cardio yesterday so I am planning to just do dumbbell exercises and some squats, lunges and pushups. But then again I am a crazy one lol

Jogging day for me. Pushed myself harder at yoga yesterday and soooreee today but I know jogging will make me feel better. Goin for a run. :)

^ you've done a great job case that's fantastic!

Do you do hot yoga as well? Would like to try this one out as my coworker seems to have lost a great deal amount of weight. I went to the gym yesterday but I wasn't as motivated so ot was short but I plan to go today and just power it out!

yes I do hun bun

30-day-butt-challenge-chart.jpg

I would be bored doing that, no offence. I like to have routines that are mixed up n different. After doing a routine for a few weeks it's always best to change it to stop the body get into a plateau.
I think you're very dedicated n admire you xxxx

alright after being a huge slacker and feeling like crap for a couple days I am finally off to the gym.

I didn't go running yesterday it was cold and wet outside and I got lazy. I did like 60-70 pushups 100 sit ups and 100 crunches total but thats it.

I've been starting to read up on the science and nutrition behind working out, I thinking I might count how many calories I eat per day for the next few days - I've never paid attention to that before, and I read a few different places that most skinny guys way over estimate how many they are actually eating. I'm always worried about eating too much crap and getting fat again (been a fear of mine since I was pretty damn fat in middle school/beginning of high school) But I'm assuming the fear is unfounded and that I am eating less than i really should be especially if I'm trying to get in shape.

One of my room mates moved out yesterday and gave me a few weeks worth of creatine he was going to toss, been reading up on it - trying to decide if I should start taking it.

LoL NSA. YOU GO!!!!
Case I've not heard good things about creatine but that 's been from people I've talked to him fitness groups - not specific evidence / studies. Only you can decide whether to use it. It depends on what your goals are, what else you're going to be consuming n the amount n type of physical activity / exercise you do. Are you planning on putting on muscle mass, get toned/ ripped, lose/maintain weight? The condenses is around 20% exercise/physical activity n 80% nutrition - so matter what exercise you do it will mean nothing if you don't get the nutrition right (unless you're one of those lucky, fast metabolisers).

If you just do sit ups they won't be effective because you can't spot fat. You have to exercise your body as a whole doing cardio n strength - sit ups / crunches alone will not do it n may make your stomach stick up. That bit of fat that's last to come off around the abs needs to be burnt of by cardio. Whether low / high intensity depends on you but there's many debates about which is the best method.

Just done 30 minute core work. Feeling out of sort lately so haven't been exercising.

Evey xxxx

alright after being a huge slacker and feeling like crap for a couple days I am finally off to the gym.

Haha! I felt like a slacker last night as I didn't do much so today I'm expecting a better workout!

Case I've been doin the calories count too and cuttin back on calories I eat specially junk food. I believe that if you really want to see results you have to do some sacrifices so no chips and chocolate for a while hihi.

^^ If anything I'm worried that I'm not eating enough calories, because of my fears around gaining weight because I was a fat kid. I have been unhealthily skinny for the last 5 years due to drug addiction, but man was I a fatass in middle school/first few years of high school. So anyway, I know I won't be making gains like I should be if I'm not eating enough/eating right.

Actually, I just strait up am not eating enough - there is no "think" involved with it, its just not happening lol. It's 5:30pm and I've had WELL under 1000 calories so far. More like 500 calories. And I went jogging just now...

Thanks for the tips n stuff too Evey, I am doing more than just sit ups/crunches. Besides that and the running, Doing an hour of Yoga about 5 days a week and usually switch it up with the core exercises, sometimes I'll do "v ups", leg lifts, bicycle crunches, knee highs, planks, side planks, etc.

anyway - I need to get my shit together with my diet before anything else... I seriously had no idea how low my calorie intake was.

There's nothing harmful about creatine at all. Granted, it's a tool for strength-gains and if you're not trying to bodybuild/powerlift, it wouldn't make sense to take it. And there is a lot of superfluous marketing with it. All you need is 5g per day, any time during the day, of creatine monohydrate. You don't need to load or cycle it. Actually, of all of the supplements out there, creatine, a daily vitamin and a protein power are all that you need, as they are the only ones (disregarding anabolics) that really work. Perhaps a whey isolate (fast-absorbing) for post-workout and a casein protein (slow-absorbing) for before bed.

Regarding calories, you want to find the number of calories you can eat per day, at your current activity level, and maintain the same weight. This is called the Caloric Equilibrium. If you want to gain weight, take in 1.2x your equilibrium for a caloric surplus. .8x to lose weight in a caloric deficit. Any more or less and you're going too quickly. It's not rocket-science, but it's also not a sprint.

^redleader I think I have heard of the 1.2x caloric surplus but not really paid attention too much on it. I think I should try that too although its so hard for me to control my cravings sometimes lol I just eat a lot.

Case you probably look good already with the exercise and yoga you are doing. I'm gonna look into hot yoga today and see if there's a place close to where I live that'd not too pricey.

I saw two of my coworkers today in the gym and did a few exercises with them including pushups and dumbbells. My other coworker she's just hella strong! For a 4'11 girl she can fo perfect pushups and perform dumbbell exercises with both 15 pounds on ger armd holy smokes! I feel like I need to step i t up more and do a better job lol she's now one of my inspirations.

^redleader I think I have heard of the 1.2x caloric surplus but not really paid attention too much on it. I think I should try that too although its so hard for me to control my cravings sometimes lol I just eat a lot.

If you throw some fasting into your diet, you can get away with eating "dirtier" calories and bigger meals without adding bodyfat. Like, if you're taking in 2000 calories a day, take them all in during an 8-hour window instead of a 16-hour one. So if you get up at 8am, then eat from say 12-8...4 hour fast before and after this eating window (sleeping an additional 8 hours of fasting). And then for those 2000 calories, get them however you want. I mean, don't get them ALL through candy bars obviously, but it doesn't have to be the same as the small, frequent, perfect meals approach.

The small, frequent meals thing drives me insane. I fast for 18 hours, eat for 6, each 24 hours. Now fasting doesn't bother me, I can mind-over-matter food (but not other stuff!). But right now I just try and hit my protein and calorie targets each day, but basically eat whatever I want. And I've gotten pretty ridiculously lean this way over the last 6 weeks or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.