• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Except for DIY what ever happened to KEIF?

H>He

Bluelighter
i used to buy it in the 70's ..now i never see it around..ohh i'll collect it thru screens but i mean why is it not a commercial option?

More than likely being processed further into full melt hash like BHO, rosin, or another type of hash. Dry sift is basically extremely high grade keif.

Like someone said before it's being processed further. Keif would usually have stalks and plant matter that can be cleaned to get dry sift. Or they could solvent extract it. I've seen it being sold in california, but it seems to be all stalk and non-producing heads so it isn't worth it.

Like someone said before it's being processed further. Keif would usually have stalks and plant matter that can be cleaned to get dry sift. Or they could solvent extract it. I've seen it being sold in california, but it seems to be all stalk and non-producing heads so it isn't worth it.

Where I'm from kief = dry sift. If anything kief is the one with less plant matter in it.

Anyway my dispensary sells some wicked dry sift at around the same price as hash. Definitely prefer it to pressed hash if only because it works much better in a bowl

Where I'm from kief = dry sift. If anything kief is the one with less plant matter in it.

Anyway my dispensary sells some wicked dry sift at around the same price as hash. Definitely prefer it to pressed hash if only because it works much better in a bowl
That is interesting how terms change depending on location lol. In Southern California, Dry Sift is considered the best of the best and it's very expensive. A gram can run pretty high for name brand (i.e. Cuban's Dry Sift, CaliSift Co., etc.)

Last edited:
That is interesting how terms change depending on location lol. In Southern California, Dry Sift is considered the best of the best and it's very expensive. A gram can run pretty high for name brand (i.e. Cuban's Dry Sift, CaliSift Co., etc.)

I've always been really interested in this. Somewhat OT, but for instance how a 'spliff' means pure weed in Jamaica, but on the West Coast of Canada it's a mix of tobacco and weed. On the other hand joints are always pure weed there, whereas in Europe a 'joint' is likely to contain tobacco. I wonder how it came to be that way and how it relates to the propagation of the actual plant around the world