• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Ex-Mephedrone User Seeks Advice on Getting Into Opiates

I've noticed there are a few of us on here (I'm presuming you're from the UK) who are in our 20's and already wishing we had not made the choice to start using opiates. I started drinking poppy tea when I was about 20 infrequently, then after a particular stressful time thought i'd try heroin and ordered a half g online, did it and enjoyed it.. then fortunatly didn't touch it for another two years when I was in the same posistion again, though this time had a regular income and remembered back to how good it was that one time I got it, and started using at weekends, got to the point of doing it every day, got fired, moved back home, met a dealer, blew £3500 in 6 months,

eventually got a new job, started using again, got onto Subutex which worked for the past 8 months though now I find myself at the same point again. Though this time I don't have the money to go completely overboard. I've easily have a good 2 years of nothing to show but burnt bridges where if i'd been clean I could have gone so much further in my life and not have so much debt and financial worry. Not to mention losing friends, even the most amorous drug users and people you party'd with will not want to know you once they think you're a junkie.

Yep my opiate use started innocently enough at 21, just trying out heroin and not really getting what the fuss was about, thought I could keep it under control.

Then one day you just say fuck it and go full in for whatever reason. Went on subutex and back on heroin over and over and over and over. Friends dying around me.

Then was into IV crack/smack for the tiniest time before realising 'wtf' and doing my (hopefully) last subutex detox.

My 20s were filled with battling mental health problems, opiates were a coping mechanism / alternative to suicide.

Sure life would've been different had I never used but I don't regret it. It was a learning experience if anything...honestly never thought I'd see the day where I wasn't reliant on benzos and gear to get through life.

I used codneine then went on to DHC and after I while I tried B, I was around a lot of B long before I ever tried it. But my point to you is one opiate leads to another espically if you get a taste for opiates.

But at the same time 'rec' use of certain opiates can be fine if you have self control and understand it will shaft you if it gets the chance. If you were going gonna ahead anyway ad try get something morphine based.

...even the most amorous drug users and people you party'd with will not want to know you once they think you're a junkie.

This. Bain of my life for years. There's nothing worse than been told that your behaviour is immoral by a bunch of people who continuously drink, use and sell cocaine on a daily basis - and you haven't a leg to stand on because instead of getting legless on 4 - 6 drugs of dependence and lethal potential that are on the 'approved' list - you decided to get high on a single chemical that most definitely is not, and never will be.

True dat, lost touch with a lot of people I was once close with because they did not approve of my DOC at the time. Fuck em.

There was a 'heroin haters' docu on iplayer recently that had a bunch of coke dealers turning their snobby elitist noses up at junkies. Drug hierarchies ftl.

My question is this, would it not be safer/more practical to use some kind of opiate instead? In moderation of course.

I started using opiates at around your age and worked my way up to heroin, and sit here with a failed relationship and a two year habit at 26. Opiates are incredibly seductive - at first they seemed like they really slotted into my life (getting rid of social anxiety, stress) but as you use more and more your thinking process changes and you become obsessed.

Having a habit is a fucking hassle, I promise you. It might help you to attend some NA meetings and meet some people who have lost decades of their life to it, because it will do that to you when it gets its hooks in.

Looking back I would never have started, if not for the pain it's caused me but the stress and horror it's caused my immediate family.

Just drink when you go out, smoke weed if staying indoors. Only drugs anyone really needs

Basically what these all said, I go away for a a few years out the scene legal highs get banned and I have people asking if it's ok to do heroin on the odd occasion?

Sorry man but the responses you were going to get were always going to be stay the fuck away.

Opiates, prescribed or not , are tucking deadly, not just that they can kill, but they ruin lives..

By that I mean a whole lifetime..

I was brought into this world by parents who were addicts..

Trust me its not the place u want ur family / yourself to partake in..

Addiction is a real thing, it's not just a thing u get with mephedrone..

You need opiates when addicted to function!

Always fun a bit of morphine when we are in pain but that's about as far as you should go.

Like stee said once an addict u always get that label too, same with doctors ect..

Hope that its not the fact you can't get mephedrone anymore :)

Stay away from opiates bro