European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Ex-Mephedrone User Seeks Advice on Getting Into Opiates

BLAZEDBEAR

Greenlighter
Hi everybody, hoping somebody here could give me some feedback on something that I'm struggling with.

I'm a 23 year old male who experienced a 2 year period of mephedrone abuse but has since been clean for almost three years.
However, I really really miss that euphoric, no cares in the world feeling and have recently been struggling to get the idea of doing it again (but only 1 every 1/2 months) again out of my head.

My question is this, would it not be safer/more practical to use some kind of opiate instead? In moderation of course.

I have limited experience with opiates, dabbled in codeine a few times but wasn't blown away (maybe I didn't dose enough).
However, I had one beautiful experience after a friend of mine gave me three morphine sustained release caps (can't remember the dosage).
I decided to take the first one orally, but after not feeling much decided to crush up the beads inside the remaining two caps and snort them.

In short, this experience ranked close to, if not above my favourite of all drugs, mephedrone. Of course, I love mephedrone but that drug just doesn't really fit in with my lifestyle anymore. I don't go out to bars anymore, I don't NEED stimulation. I don't WANT to dance. I want to relax and feel great. Opiates seem like a much better choice for cuddling on the couch with the SO.

I can't help but think that as long as I moderate my usage, some kind of opiate might be just the thing that I'm looking for.
A lot has changed since my mephedrone days, I now have a fiance to look after and a roof to keep over my head. So I just can't imagine how a drug like mephedrone can ever be part of my life again with the terrible comedowns and the way it increases my anxiety levels for weeks after a session. I already struggle enough getting my ass to work without having to deal with that shit.

So please, anybody who can provide any practical advice, I would really appreciate it.

My advice is find another class of drugs that are not so addictive. Its a dangerous and slippery road you are choosing to travel on.

99.9% of heroin /opiate addicts I know , thought they could use heroin now and again for a little treat.and it is possible ( for about the first 4 weeks )
What starts off as a weekend treat , soon becomes a mid week thing , then you start using every other day ,then wallop !
Your in fall blown addiction , using every day to get well , before you can even think about getting high.
Do yourself a favour and find some different drugs to have fun with.
Nobody thinks it'll happen to them. And if they do there either bang in denial or ignorant as fuck.

I would advise extreme caution. Only a very, very few people -- if any at all -- have the necessary strength of mind to manage to keep opiate use in moderation; and they probably have no need to use drugs at all. Many more -- too many -- find out, too late and the hard way, that they haven't. And if you don't like bad comedowns, opiates definitely are not for you. A full-on opiate withdrawal is not something any junkie would wish on their worst enemy.

As Consumer says, find yourself another Drug of Choice. At low doses, MDMA can be very "cuddly" without being too stimulating; and any comedown effects you may experience from that level of dosage will be mild enough to be manageable with nothing stronger than beer. Take all necessary precautions: Make sure you are in a good mood and a favourable environment, and not going to receive any interruptions. Your partner should not take anything themself the first time you try any drug; you will be able to repay the favour yourself another time. Take only the tiniest amount to begin with; if no ill effects are felt after 20 minutes, take a little more and wait a further 20 minutes. If you notice any sign of breathing difficulty or heart problem -- abnormal blood pressure, irregular heartbeat or too high a pulse rate -- DIAL 999 and give the rest of the pill or powder to the paramedics so the hospital can find out what's in it. But don't think too much about that, because it probably isn't going to happen.

That warm cuddly feeling soon stops. So does your sex drive. You will become extremely selfish and you will risk losing your fiancée (if she knows what's good for her) home, job, money, life.

Please reconsider...

It sounds like you already had an encounter with a drug you found "moreish". This is a bad sign before you even try opiates-it makes it very unlikely you could use in moderation. It's just the nature of this class of drugs. And there's no question that having to pay the piper for habitual use is not one of the good things in life.

You've gotten almost unanimous responses: "Don't start down that road". I would take that advice.

BlazedBare - there are hundreds of other drugs of different types that you can get yourself into quite this mess with and still fully recover afterwards.

If you were to ever develop a dependency on opiates you will have the word addict tattooed on your head in most cases for the rest of your life.

The 'Other Drugs' forum host a fantastic MegaThread entitled - 'Should I try Heroin?' - which I implore you to read the first 3 pages of if not all before considering this any further, which can be found here -

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/704633-Should-I-Try-Heroin-MEGAThread-v-1http://

- and even if you never had any intention of trying heroin or morphine in particular, the concepts discussed in this thread can be applied to any moderately powerful opiate or opioid and shows why whichever opiate /oid may be your original drug of choice, once you have a taste for then it morphine or heroin addiction may only be a couple of contextually rational choices away...

Opiate addiction is not something to play around with.
I quit 3 years ago and am still "in recovery".

Fuck that. "Recreational" opiate use - and the fullblown addiction that so often follows - is not worth the ups/downs, highs/lows, insatiable desire or life altering changes, mate.

Opiates are great for when you need them. When you need pain relief, they can be very useful.

But i would never encourage anyone to use them as a recreational drug.
They don't work so well that way.

dude you are in exactly the same boat i was in two years ago.
i used to use mephedrone daily and stopped for my girlfriend (at the time :( )
i started playing around with codeine and then was offered b one day and within a year i had already OD'd once, the second OD was so serious i was in hospital for ages getting over pneumonia.
i;m 24 years old and i dropped out of uni, lost my gf and so much more. please don't do it

Take the words of another jaded junkie; walking that path is a sure-fire way to fuck up pretty much everything in your life. Addiction sneaks in through the cracks in your awareness and holds your entire being hostage, a slave to a fix.

Take the words of another jaded junkie; walking that path is a sure-fire way to fuck up pretty much everything in your life. Addiction sneaks in through the cracks in your awareness and holds your entire being hostage, a slave to a fix.

And that ain't hyperbole - it's the goddamn motherfuckin' truth.

Unlike just about every other drug, everything you've ever heard about heroin (and opiates in general), is actually TRUE!

Thanks for the input lads, think I might just have to take what you're saying onboard. I just really miss that euphoria, can't stop thinking about it lately. I'm dreaming about it some nights ffs.

That experience on morphine seemed to provide a lot of what I loved about meph but with none of the shitty anxious feelings that almost always come the days after. To the average person who works 5 days a week, sacrificing one of your days off to spend it in bed feeling wank just to get high the night before seems like a bit of a waste.

I know opiate withdrawals aren't nothing to fuck with but if I DID somehow manage to moderate my use, surely that would be the better option?

dude you are in exactly the same boat i was in two years ago.
i used to use mephedrone daily and stopped for my girlfriend (at the time :( )
i started playing around with codeine and then was offered b one day and within a year i had already OD'd once, the second OD was so serious i was in hospital for ages getting over pneumonia.
i;m 24 years old and i dropped out of uni, lost my gf and so much more. please don't do it

Fuck man, I never used meph anywhere near to that extent. Fuck knows what would have happened if I did.
Sorry if I'm being a mong but what's this 'b' that you speak of?

Hope you're getting better anyway dude.

Thanks for the input lads, think I might just have to take what you're saying onboard. I just really miss that euphoria, can't stop thinking about it lately. I'm dreaming about it some nights ffs.

That experience on morphine seemed to provide a lot of what I loved about meph but with none of the shitty anxious feelings that almost always come the days after. To the average person who works 5 days a week, sacrificing one of your days off to spend it in bed feeling wank just to get high the night before seems like a bit of a waste.

I know opiate withdrawals aren't nothing to fuck with but if I DID somehow manage to moderate my use, surely that would be the better option?

Fuck man, I never used meph anywhere near to that extent. Fuck knows what would have happened if I did.

Stimulant come downs are a fuckin doddle compared to opiate withdrawal. Imagine not being able to go to work until you've scored, every bloody day! You can't rely on dealers to be available at that time in the morning, so you have to buy extra the night before and try not to use it - but you will. Then you start being late for work because you're waiting to score, or phoning in sick because you can't score. Then going into work and nodding out. People notice, but you don't care. Eventually you lose your job, or you have to go on methadone or bupe to stabilise, but that only enables you to go deeper into addiction - then you're in for the long haul....

'B' is 'brown' - standard No.3 smoking heroin.

If you're obsessing over and dreaming about one experience with morphine, isn't that a pretty surefire sign that you won't be able to moderate your use? Dabbling with opiates further will absolutely NOT help you take your mind off it - the obsession only gets stronger.

MDMA was a good shout for euphoria and 'cuddling with the fiance' (assuming she's ok with it of course) without the risk of binging and having a horrible comedown a la mephedrone, or slipping into ever increasing regularity of use a la opiates. It also lends itself pretty well to the sort of frequency that you're planning on using.

ah mate nah that was from a heroin OD
and b means brown aka heroin

yeah slowly but surely man cheers, stay safe yourself

Thanks for shedding some light on things guys, if I do decide to fuck with opiates again in the future I'll rule out H and stick to the prescription shit.

Thanks for shedding some light on things guys, if I do decide to fuck with opiates again in the future I'll rule out H and stick to the prescription shit.
Unfortunately the prescription stuff very often leads to H. You are making a very bad decision in my opinion. Playing with fire is an understatement.

Yeah. Opiates as a class of drug are all the same, and one is really no better or worse than any other. They all mimic the same hormone, after all; and withdrawal is basically your endocrine system readjusting to normal operation.

And when people who take, or have taken a drug themselves tell you it's better left alone, they probably mean it.

Just dont do it!! Just from reading you are looking to recreate the high you've experienced from a one off opiate use and are planning to choose that route instead of mephedrone.
You have a girlfriend, roof over your head and job and drugs could risk losing everything you have just for that "moment" you are chasing/thinking about and obsessing over.
Trust me i know, ive spent 4 months in rehab in the last year. Was using mephedrone, gbl, crystal meth, benzos and alcohol essentially searching for "that feeling"
Im now 5 months off my detox and into recovery and of course i think about "that feeling" but like you and your history, i know where it would eventually go. Yes normal life can be boring but you sound as if you're happy now. Nothing can compete with a life free from that horrific anxiety, withdrawal, desperate for next fix to bevome functional.
Ive only written this to help you see that thinking of using opiates and everything will be fine is only denial. If you have been addicted before, id bet 100% you'd end up there again. Dont do it!