• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Evolution and sexuality

psychedelicsoul

Bluelighter
Maybe some of the fetishes and attitudes towards sex might be a result of how we evolved. The easiest theory I could come up with is that evolution made man predominately heterosexual, but anyone could figure that, let's get deeper

Pedophiles are seen as freaks today, but it wasn't that big of a deal a long time ago. Why? Because people died early. Without the science and technology, people died relatively young. So getting with girls who are 10-14 probably was very common. In fact, In 1880, the age of consent in Delaware was 7 years old? Okay, that's kinda pushing it, even for 1800s. But the Japanese, the ancient Greeks and all sorts of nations practiced heterosexual and homosexual pedophilia.

Maybe, modern pedophilia is a result of such traits passed down from generations that practiced it. Maybe there still exists some traits in our sexuality that date back to the days of hunter gatherer tribes.

Why do men like big ol' titties. Perhaps the ancient hunter gatherer tribes believed that big ol' titties could provide more milk or better milk to breastfeed. As a result, more males selected large breasted women.
Also, big booty and big ol' titties could also be explained by the mentality of tribes in Africa today. I'm sure hunter gatherer tribes faced a lot of famine and starvation. If a girl had a nice, round, voluptuous booty, that means she is clearly healthier than all the other women because she's been eating. One of the skinny, anorexic starving women isn't gonna live as long, so men would probably prefer women who have been eating more. So as a result, men like juicy, round booty and not skinny pancake booty.

I also think homophobia came as an evolutionary desire to ensure procreation. Think about it. The ancient Hebrews did not have a giant nation the way the ancient Egyptians or Greeks did. So as a result, the Hebrews stoned their homosexuals because they were detrimental to the population. And the Greeks and Egyptians didn't, because they already had a huge, established society and therefore didn't need to.
Perhaps that's why some people find anal sex to be gross, because some peoples instincts tell them it's wrong, and that may be a trait dating back to the hunter gatherer tribes.

Keep in mind, all of this is 100% conjecture. I was just proposing that a lot of the ideas of sex and the aesthetics (men liking large breasts, women liking big dicks), could be traits that come from our ancestors.

I think you may be right about this stuff. Homosexuality certainly could have come about as a reaction to a fear about survival. A long time ago anyway. Since it's no longer a problem in our world (in fact, out of control procreation is causing greater difficulty in survival in the world now), these attitudes can be dropped, but it does make sense that it would linger on, particularly because prejudices are passed along culturally, which is a powerful motivator to continue passing it on culturally.

I think you may be right about this stuff. Homosexuality certainly could have come about as a reaction to a fear about survival. A long time ago anyway. Since it's no longer a problem in our world (in fact, out of control procreation is causing greater difficulty in survival in the world now), these attitudes can be dropped, but it does make sense that it would linger on, particularly because prejudices are passed along culturally, which is a powerful motivator to continue passing it on culturally.

I believe it's one part culture, and one part nature. But then again it's hard to define "prejudice". Does finding it gross make you prejudice? Does finding it immoral make you "prejudice" or are you not prejudice unless you advocate doing bad things to them or treating them unequal.
From what I hear, some gay people are grossed out by what straight people do. So maybe it's just natural to think people are weird or gross if they're different.

A lot of people consider having glasses to be unattractive, maybe it's simply because it's more common to not have glasses, and humans have an aversion to things that are different by nature.

Yeah I think prejudice happens when a person's actions negatively impact a group of people, whether that's advocating for them to have fewer rights or outright performing violence or bullying, or anything else that affects them. It's true though, the idea of me with a guy seems quite unappealing and I have certainly heard gay people say the same about straight sexuality. We may not be able to help that but it also doesn't have to extend to hatred or intolerance by any means, just because you find it unappealing personally.

Yeah I think prejudice happens when a person's actions negatively impact a group of people, whether that's advocating for them to have fewer rights or outright performing violence or bullying, or anything else that affects them. It's true though, the idea of me with a guy seems quite unappealing and I have certainly heard gay people say the same about straight sexuality. We may not be able to help that but it also doesn't have to extend to hatred or intolerance by any means, just because you find it unappealing personally.

I always gotta clarify. I talk a lot with anime fans, and many of them (Who like yaoi and yuri) think that anyone who watches only one or niether is homophobic. Apparently, because I can get emotionally invested in a yuri couple, but not a yaoi couple, that makes me homophobic. Apparently, if it's not hentai, I should be able to enjoy all forms of love... And that's why I can't stand fans of yaoi or yuri.