• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos everything under the sun that helps with benzo withdrawal

Beoul

Greenlighter
it's been about 6 years since i've tapered off of Xanax, Kolonpin, Valium use that spanned about four to five years.

-- the keto diet was the first thing that made me feel almost whole, that is, free of the tingling and electrical currents that seized under the skin and the general fogginess that came with benzo use and withdrawal. i've been flirting with the keto diet for about 4 years now. the longest i've gone on it is a month. generally i go on it for a week to two or three weeks. i do the healthy version with intermittent fasting. but i'm never off the diet for long. i believe the real taper withdrawal from benzos began with a low carb diet. i can't imagine getting off of benzos without it.

-- lately, along with a nutrient dense diet of: fermented foods, pork or fish, mushrooms (shitake, king oyster, and enoki), cheese and vegetables especially an avocado and a baby vegetable salad every day
i am incorporating supplements. 200 mgs of magnesium (glycinate), a megadose of a b vitamin complex high especially in b1 and all the other b vitamins, and four capsules of 5,000 iu of D3 and 180 mcg of K2 in the morning.
at night, after dinner i take 200 more mgs of magnesium, 50 mgs of zinc, and a good probiotic pill

-- for once i feel like it's all coming together in a way. the sleep little by little, the strange residue from the benzos that never quite seems to leave you is leaving, and the health that begins at the gut (this i'm understanding more and more each day i experiment with food or go off the healthy diet). i feel the combination of the magnesium and b vitamins and vitamin D3/K2 in the morning especially. i feel more social. less inhibited about leaving my room. and the beauty of entering into sunlight. it's almost as though my decision were made with minimal effort after the influence of these vitamins. it's hard to say but it acts in a way in my body and mind that it makes the decision to be social or at least to try to get out and be calm out there easier. the magnesium might be for the calm, the b vitamin takes the stress out and after i take the 20,000 iu of vitamin D makes me feel like i'm already out in the sun so they all coincide to make the decision of getting out and go for a walk more easy. i used to think the supplements were a placebo, that a nutritional diet was enough but it's palpable, i feel it in my skin and even deeper and it's really hard to get that much sun in one day every day.

man, i wish everyone who is going through benzo withdrawal could feel the way i do lately, especially today after coming down from a walk in the mountain behind my place (3.7 kilometer walk). no drugs no alcohol no cigarettes even. i try to walk every day. and sunlight
the things i struggle with the most is sleep and getting out. i think i'll try to be more consistent with the vitamins and overall health and see if i can get constant with it.

Last edited:
it's been about 6 years since i've tapered off of Xanax, Kolonpin, Valium use that spanned about four to five years.

-- the keto diet was the first thing that made me feel almost whole, that is, free of the tingling and electrical currents that seized under the skin and the general fogginess that came with benzo use and withdrawal. i've been flirting with the keto diet for about 4 years now. the longest i've gone on it is a month. generally i go on it for a week to two or three weeks. i do the healthy version with intermittent fasting. but i'm never off the diet for long. i believe the real taper withdrawal from benzos began with a low carb diet. i can't imagine getting off of benzos without it.

-- lately, along with a nutrient dense diet of: fermented foods, pork or fish, mushrooms (shitake, king oyster, and enoki), cheese and vegetables especially an avocado and a baby vegetable salad every day
i am incorporating supplements. 200 mgs of magnesium (glycinate), a megadose of a b vitamin complex high especially in b1 and all the other b vitamins, and four capsules of 5,000 iu of D3 and 180 mcg of K2 in the morning.
at night, after dinner i take 200 more mgs of magnesium, 50 mgs of zinc, and a good probiotic pill

-- for once i feel like it's all coming together in a way. the sleep little by little, the strange residue from the benzos that never quite seems to leave you is leaving, and the health that begins at the gut (this i'm understanding more and more each day i experiment with food or go off the healthy diet). i feel the combination of the magnesium and b vitamins and vitamin D3/K2 in the morning especially. i feel more social. less inhibited about leaving my room. and the beauty of entering into sunlight. it's almost as though my decision were made with minimal effort after the influence of these vitamins. it's hard to say but it acts in a way in my body and mind that it makes the decision to be social or at least to try to get out and be calm out there easier. the magnesium might be for the calm, the b vitamin takes the stress out and after i take the 20,000 iu of vitamin D makes me feel like i'm already out in the sun so they all coincide to make the decision of getting out and go for a walk more easy. i used to think the supplements were a placebo, that a nutritional diet was enough but it's palpable, i feel it in my skin and even deeper and it's really hard to get that much sun in one day every day.

man, i wish everyone who is going through benzo withdrawal could feel the way i do lately, especially today after coming down from a walk in the mountain behind my place (3.7 kilometer walk). no drugs no alcohol no cigarettes even. i try to walk every day. and sunlight
the things i struggle with the most is sleep and getting out. i think i'll try to be more consistent with the vitamins and overall health and see if i can get constant with it.
Bacopa monnieri.

It normalizes Gaba receptors in experimental animals.

I have used it. You got to take more than the recommended doses a couple times a day and it can give you diarrhea very easily, but it works.

Totally difference between day and night with respect to benzos and alcohol paws.

thanks bro. it's good to hear it worked for you. i'll pass it on