• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Every time I do meth, it takes forever to come on. Help!

greyfus

Greenlighter
My girl and I have been using meth off and on for a few years. We both take care of ourselves, know the risks and precautions associated with said drug. We know our bodies and know how much and how often to dose to get the desired results, but I have a problem that none of our friends have been able to answer: no matter how I do it (whether it be smoking, snorting, swallowing, butt shot, or injection,) it seems to take my body forever to feel the effects. To put this in prospective, she and I did a shot (same volume and product) at the same time. A few seconds later and her pupils were the size of silver dollars. I had to wait for at least 15 minutes to get that feeling. It is as though it is all delayed. When I do shots, I don't miss often so that was ruled out. But this happens every single way. Every time I use with her or with friends, I get the feeling much later. Not a huge issue, but I was wondering if this was a symptom of something much deeper. I have heard that it might be a metabolism issue. But 15 MINUTES for a shot to take effect? Thoughts? Help!

It could be due to your blood circulation or lowered dopamine levels. Everyone is different. You could have a higher tolerance or dopamine level not recovered from use.

The delay doinds like a combo of both circulation and meh level of dopamine.

The only way to figure that out is at least a month break and see if there is a delay still.

I can't imagine it's circulation. If your circulation was truly bad to the point where it takes 15 minutes more for a substance to reach active levels in your brain, I expect you'd also be suffering from symptoms of severe hypoxia because your tissues and organs wouldn't be getting enough oxygen.

maybe you're much bigger than her and need a bigger hit? body mass must have an effect, my doctor always tells me (im 6'4, 200lbs) that im a big guy so I should be able to handle more when it comes to opioids/benzos/stimulants and its kind of true, my gf needs 2mg of valium for an effect when I need 20mg for the same with no tolerance and its the same with booze and oxycontin for us

maybe you're much bigger than her and need a bigger hit? body mass must have an effect, my doctor always tells me (im 6'4, 200lbs) that im a big guy so I should be able to handle more when it comes to opioids/benzos/stimulants and its kind of true, my gf needs 2mg of valium for an effect when I need 20mg for the same with no tolerance and its the same with booze and oxycontin for us

This isn't what he's talking about, he's saying that it's literally taking a significant amount time to feel an effect, not that he requires higher dosages than her to achieve a similar high.

That's highly unlikely, considering he feels a high, it's just delayed.

Op, do you have thick blood?

That's highly unlikely, considering he feels a high, it's just delayed.

Op, do you have thick blood?

I was wondering about something like that, especially in regards to hydration. Meth is notorious for causing pretty serious dehydration, which can make your blood look like yogurt

That's my thinking, could be a circulation issue due to thick blood.

Could be something quirky about your physiology OP. I don't experience anything that could be described as a 'rush' with any amount of stimulants. Some (such as regular amphetamine sulphate) I simply can't 'feel' at all. I'm completely oblivious to them kicking in, but they do eventually (I just don't get 'euphoria', 'tingles' and all that stuff).

Off the top of my straw-clutching head, maybe you have poor neurotransmitter reserves (stores of eg DA, NE, 5HT, glutamate) in what's called the 'readily releasable pool' in the synaptic vesicle, and instead have to wait for the upregulation of output from the recycling and/or reserve pools in the vesicle...

DUUUUUDE: no really, was going through that this very week, it being longer to onset than usual. You're talking about feeling "tweaked" as a delayed onset, rather than the brief spinny thing that is what people 'round these parts call "euphoria" I think? Instead you just feel vaguely cloudy-headed for a while?

It can take a good hour for me to want to get up and do anything after smoking way too much. Not because I'm feeling weak or lazy, or still gooning (gooning is always a possibility), or looking up pyrovalerone analogs all night. The "energy" just doesn't come on for a while.

That's even different from the much delayed true-tweaking, which won't happen until a good eight hours later at least.

Depending on what you're after is what you prefer.

I don't have a good answer, except to offer my observation that going too long and using too much make that delay longer, and good dope is slooooow. I think most people prefer to remain in the fog (maybe writing strange but honestly totally coherent and on topic if you read them twice and are also high forum posts), and aren't after the spazzy feelings.

I've been smoking a quarter gram (or more) at a time lately, over a gram/24hrs, and part of the problem is that it's four hours later when I meant to be sleepy, that it becomes time to remodel the kitchen. I don't know if that's finally when I suck down enough water to think clearly, or snuck some food in, but going too long, so you use too much, makes any delay longer.

Thank you everyone for the advice and opinions. If anyone hears anything different about this, please post. I will update with a log of different doses and administration methods.

I am taking the dehydration issue seriously and will comment on that later.