• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Ever woken up to snow on an Easter Monday?

steewith2ees

Bluelight Crew
If you had asked me that last night I would have said no. Now I have another thing to tick off the bucket list.

Hope you have all had a good w/e. Im sorry to say that I have but of course I feel like a fucking shit now for having such a rare nice few days while there's so much heartbreak on the board. Still, when did I ever get a god damn thing right in my whole life.

For those of you who can, try and make the most of the day and have a good week.

Stee

Definitely no snow on Easter here...or at any other time. ;)

Glad you have had a good few days brother. Dont feel guilty. Be glad that you did!

One Easter it took 2 days to dig out. 18 foot drift!! Probably 3 or 4 years ago when we had that storm and blizzards

I cycled from Lands End to John o' Groats over the Easter weekend a few years ago and we were concerned when we left Cornwall that there was still too much snow in Scotland for us to make it through. Plenty of snow on the way up through England, not enough to stop us cycling but enough to mean that all the camping gear we were carrying only got used once and a few B&Bs got some last minute bookings heh.

^
Well done you Josh, didn't realise you'd done that route by bike. That's some trip.

It's been sunny but very cold here on the west coast, think we've missed Storm Katie.

A few years back we had awful snow and a civil emergency on one of the islands where the snow caused a total electricity black out for a few weeks. Pretty scary stuff and I ended up getting seconded to the civil contingency team at the time :|

Edit: apparently my contract states in any civil "emergency" I get a compulsory new job...

I tried asking this on gibs but my post had messed up n I'm trying to activate the version before.

Anyway I have added two helpline numbers to the depression thread; samaritans n the CALL helpline (for Wales). If anyone knows of other helplines, including European n African numbers, that they feel will benefit members here please can you E-mail me BL n I will include it in the list.

Thanks heaps :) xxxx

Evey

That's one hell of a ride! I wimp out at around 28 miles, admittedly it's all enduro up and downhill, Tarmac doesn't exsist it's probably equivalent in output to 70 miles road but couldn't ever imagine doing plus 100 miles road per day!! That's serious fitness

A lot of cyclists end up calling ambulances...
Especially the MAMIL (middle aged man in lycra) type........

Just saying ;)

A lot of cyclists end up calling ambulances...
Especially the MAMIL (middle aged man in lycra) type........

Just saying ;)

That's called 'karma' - it's what comes with having absolutely no sense of self preservation, thinking the rules of the road don't apply to them, and blaming every other cunt when it goes tits up.

(and when they're not clad in lycra running red lights on their carbon fibre bicycles, they're cutting me up in their fuckin Audis and BMWs. Cunts!)

Last edited:
^ It's why I avoid roads at all costs and know most of the guys personally in the mountain rescue, certainly don't wear Lycra.

If I'm gonna have an accident it's between me and nature. My fault because I went to fast or I did something beyond my capability. Rather that than some twat driving a car, has no care or clue of anyone but themselves and would rather save a couple of seconds on their worthless day to put me at risk rather than see me as a human being.

It's a bit like my drug taking. Know what your taking know the risk and don't trust any other bugger?

^ It's why I avoid roads at all costs and know most of the guys personally in the mountain rescue, certainly don't wear Lycra.

If I'm gonna have an accident it's between me and nature. My fault because I went to fast or I did something beyond my capability. Rather that than some twat driving a car, has no care or clue of anyone but themselves and would rather save a couple of seconds on their worthless day to put me at risk rather than see me as a human being.

It's a bit like my drug taking. Know what your taking know the risk and don't trust any other bugger��

Well said mate. I've nothing against cyclists in general - I have been one for years. But it never fails to amaze me how some of them just ignore all road hazards in the assumption everyone else is looking out for them. And don't get me started on the retards that wear headphones...

Cyclists with delusions of being in la Tour du Jour drive me crazy. I have no problem sharing the road, but do not ride in traffic if you don't know the rules of the road and are riding 30-40 mph slower!

I live on a village green and it seems ever since good old bradly Wiggins ,every cunt and there brother has joined a bike club and have to stop outside my house from 6-30 am every Sunday , for a time check and and a drink.
Fucking noisy cunts ( but fit as fuck ). I'm just a grumpy cunt , good on em. =D

I live on a village green and it seems ever since good old bradly Wiggins ,every cunt and there brother has joined a bike club and have to stop outside my house from 6-30 am every Sunday , for a time check and and a drink.
Fucking noisy cunts ( but fit as fuck ). I'm just a grumpy cunt , good on em. =D

I'm also a grumpy cunt - and they can fuck right off with their sunday races, all over the bloody road, absolutely no awareness of anything, riding 4 abreast, not looking over their shoulders, running red lights and generally being stupid twats. No point being fit as fuck when you're splattered over the tarmac by an HGV...

I'm also a grumpy cunt - and they can fuck right off with their sunday races, all over the bloody road, absolutely no awareness of anything, riding 4 abreast, not looking over their shoulders, running red lights and generally being stupid twats. No point being fit as fuck when you're splattered over the tarmac by an HGV...

Yep , that's the cunts. All we used to have to put up with was the *Gypsies* in there horse drawn Rickshaw/buggy type things once a day.
Now we get hoards of these bike riding ( fit as fuck ) pests.

At least the *Gypsies* have the decentcy to stay in bed with hangovers till 10 bells , these bike riding cunts are out there early doors. ....woop wooping and high fiveing each other. CUNTS !

Last edited by a moderator:
I love how my passing comment turned this into a cycling thread heh. FWIW I (and my dad also) was a motorcyclist before I was a road cyclist and I think that made me a safer rider, basically riding with my chin resting on my right shoulder, always aware of what is going on behind me. If you don't shoulder check before changing lanes on a sports bike at a hundred plus miles an hour it's game over PDQ and I think that mentality has stood me well through the years on a bicycle too.

If you're interested in the LEJoG stuff, it took us 12 days of doing between 50-100 miles a day and we did no training bar a couple of 30-40 mile rides before hand (although I'd been cycling 7-10 miles each way to work on a daily basis for three years at that point). The first two or three days coming out of Cornwall and Devon were absolute killers but a) you get fit quickly when you have to and b) the rest of the country has far less undulations (bigger hills in Scotland maybe, but gentler inclines). Raised about £2k for a local charity that provides palliative care for terminally ill children and still rank it as most rewarding few days of my life. This year we're doing a mini revival in the autumn by cycling the trans-Pennine coast to coast off road, crossing our original route at the top of Shap. Anyway, back to the topic of snow at Easter I guess!

I love how my passing comment turned this into a cycling thread heh. FWIW I (and my dad also) was a motorcyclist before I was a road cyclist and I think that made me a safer rider, basically riding with my chin resting on my right shoulder, always aware of what is going on behind me. If you don't shoulder check before changing lanes on a sports bike at a hundred plus miles an hour it's game over PDQ and I think that mentality has stood me well through the years on a bicycle too.

If you're interested in the LEJoG stuff, it took us 12 days of doing between 50-100 miles a day and we did no training bar a couple of 30-40 mile rides before hand (although I'd been cycling 7-10 miles each way to work on a daily basis for three years at that point). The first two or three days coming out of Cornwall and Devon were absolute killers but a) you get fit quickly when you have to and b) the rest of the country has far less undulations (bigger hills in Scotland maybe, but gentler inclines). Raised about £2k for a local charity that provides palliative care for terminally ill children and still rank it as most rewarding few days of my life. This year we're doing a mini revival in the autumn by cycling the trans-Pennine coast to coast off road, crossing our original route at the top of Shap. Anyway, back to the topic of snow at Easter I guess!

I personally think everyone should have to pass a motorbike test before being let loose in a car. It definitely teaches you road sense...

Yep , that's the cunts. All we used to have to put up with was the *Gypsies* in there horse drawn Rickshaw/buggy type things once a day.
Now we get hoards of these bike riding ( fit as fuck ) pests.

At least the *Gypsies* have the decentcy to stay in bed with hangovers till 10 bells , these bike riding cunts are out there early doors. ....woop wooping and high fiveing each other. CUNTS !

Really not trying to be a prick but my traveller pals fucking hate the word gypsie , traveller and the ( P ) word they don't mind , but like myself their not PC.

I'm not PC either, was engaged to a Gypsy girl, and lived onsite for years. I never met a single traveller that liked to be called anything other than a Gypsy (where culturally appropriate) or a traveller in more generic sense. If your Traveller friends are not Gypsies then I apologise for guessing the wrong way but I guess you just corrected it.

Cool shambles. I recently questioned how a couple still had the front to clame traveller while living in houses twice the size as mine..
"it's in the blood "said one. " fuck off ,it's in the wallet " said the other. :D