View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Ever since my last dmt trip...

Dmt_Trips

Greenlighter
Ever since my last dmt trip, whenever i smoke weed and try to lay down in my bed and go to sleep i really start to trip balls and i even have slight open/extreme closed eye visuals as if everytime i am having a flashback of some sort.. Am i the only one who has experienced this?

cool, unusual but there's certainly been some reports here in the past on similar flashbacks on weed. Some form of HPPD - Hallucinogen persisting perception disorder.
How long's it been since you last tried DMT & this started & how many times have you experienced it on weed?
How long does it last for would be interesting to know too.

Something similar happens to me after an LSD trip. Ever since I tripped for the first time smoking grass just hasn't been the same--in a really good way though. It does seem, however, that there is a difference between the short term and the long term effects. For about three or four weeks after a trip smoking will resuscitate a lot of the "fun house" effects of LSD: patterns, colors, playful confusion but in a mild manner. After a month, this seems to mostly go away, although I swear I still see faint patterns when I smoke even though it has been a while since my last trip. Is it scary and are you still able to go to sleep? As Blue Druid asked, how long does it last?

This is actually extremely common. My heavy use of psychedelic has made weed better, more clear-headed/introspective (though not nearly to the same degree as real psychedelics), moderate visuals, a little more energetic (except when I smoke all day). I also get mild visuals from large amounts of caffeine and when I'm just waking up in the morning- waking up in the middle of the night sometimes it almost actually feels like I'm tripping too (though not quite & not for very long at all). Visual static/grainy vision was an effect of marijuana for me right from the beginning, well before I took any psychedelics, and my sister who's never done a psychedelic says the same thing- marijuana still is a hallucinogen after all, though not nearly as deep/mystical as psychedelics or dissociatives.

This is actually extremely common. My heavy use of psychedelic has made weed better, more clear-headed/introspective (though not nearly to the same degree as real psychedelics), moderate visuals, a little more energetic (except when I smoke all day). I also get mild visuals from large amounts of caffeine and when I'm just waking up in the morning- waking up in the middle of the night sometimes it almost actually feels like I'm tripping too (though not quite & not for very long at all). Visual static/grainy vision was an effect of marijuana for me right from the beginning, well before I took any psychedelics, and my sister who's never done a psychedelic says the same thing- marijuana still is a hallucinogen after all, though not nearly as deep/mystical as psychedelics or dissociatives.

This has happened to me as well!

I started smoking weed about 2 years before I had any psychedelic drugs. After many many experiences I started to see weed totally different, I began being in a clear headed space (like LSD) and started see mild open eye visuals and very colourful closed eye visuals.

Only a mild, mild psychedelic feel/ effects but very enjoyable :)

I used to see weed as a relaxing but stimulating unless smoked all day. Now I see much more as a mild psychedelic as well as the others.

i have been smoking weed for about 4 years now... i have tried salvia twice in the past and i have tried dmt about 8-10 times... however the first few trips were decent but i was always looking for that "breakthrough" trip so i kept trying it.. but with every trip, i would just get this evil presence as if i wasnt wanted there or something.. then i tried some changa probably about 3-4 weeks ago and was the worst experience of my life.... my trip report is on here.. but ever since then, i seem to hallucinate 95% of the time when i smoke..
I also just start thinking about creepy, scary things.. not like hurting people but i just start thinking of weird shit.. last night i smoked maybe two-4 bong rips and i was feeling good, then i turned off the lights and tried to sleep and i started thinking creepy shit and with my eyes closed i would see like monsters crawling and flash backs from my dmt trip.. i opened my eyes, then as soon as i closed them, i was in this like ice blue world and it was cool but at the same time it was creepy. then i would kind of sober up and
then i turned my head the other direction and it would get really intense again.. OH and it last untill i sober up or get out of bed and turn on the lights and play some music

Last edited:
im getting my hands on shrooms soon but idk if the same thing is gonna happen..

Psychedelics lead weed to cause me to pace frantically and feel like I'm losing my mind in the next couple months. Which is why I quit weed and now stick to psychedelics only.

Psychedelics lead weed to cause me to pace frantically and feel like I'm losing my mind in the next couple months. Which is why I quit weed and now stick to psychedelics only.
weed has never done that to me but i have no idea why id have HPPV already, as ive barely tapped into the psychedelic world

same with me, to a lesser extent. i used to smoke weed regularly but then did alot of tripping/rolling alot back in 2002-2003. after that period of mainly tripping/rolling i wasn't smoking weed hardly at all b/c it started to become unenjoyable. it would feel very trippy in a confusing way and give me anxiety. i still trip/roll on occasion and still don't smoke weed, i just can't enjoy it anymore and frankly i only miss weed as a sleep aid. i feel i'm much more productive without it.

im not at that point yet but if i try mushrooms and the results are the same then i feel like theres no point in doing any substances anymore

Maybe god is downloading messages into your mind in the form of a unified consciousness where everyone is only coming through in waves..

Probably not though. Not uncommon. Free trips.

This is sometimes common but people don't report, instead they take this as an advantage. You are the few who has this ability, weed (cannabis) open's the third eye and your third eye see's the spirit world just enjoy till it wears off, and by enjoy I mean just let it happen.