• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Ever get paradoxical reactions to drugs?

'Tis, I shall move it.

Taking GABA supplements makes me feel itchy and shitty and stimulated and completely unable to sleep. But it's supposed to be calming.

Xanax used to speed me up. Wouldnt give me anxiety but instead of sedating id clean the whole house.
Now, years later, its sedating rather than speedy. Very weird. They say your body chemistry changes every few years. Or maybe it had something to do with the other drugs i was doing at the time. Not necessarily at the same time but the way the other.drugs changed my brain chemistry...?

It's happened to me a lot actually the worst was when for a week straight codeine instead of making me high made me feel worse but that was over as quick as it started Thank goodness

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't know if this counts but Methamphetamine doesn't turn me into a hypersexual beast like I was told it would

^Never tried meth but i have tried mephedrone which has many similarities

Whenever I am withdrawing from opiates or in the early PAWS stage coffee will make me extremely, uncontrollably nod out tired but this effect only last for 5-10mins just after the initial slight stim effects end. It actually feels like a vacuum in the back of my head at the base, where the cerebellum would be, that is sucking me to sleep. I have used opiates for 20yrs and I have noticed more and more strange feelings in this area of the brain. When I am using I don't sleep at all anymore and I notice when I use opiates a different sensation, almost like a blanketing effect, in this area of the brain. I have been reading a lot about opiates and there effect on the brain and endocrine system. I know they really mess up the HPA axis and I also read about the cerebellum shrinking from benzo use. This also seems to happen to alcoholics. When I kicked my daily benzo habit of 10yrs I had severe imbalance issues and my space, dimensional memory was atrocious. Trying to do things to decalcify the pineal gland right now to help with sleep recovery. Don't know why I'm rambling on about this stuff in a thread about paradoxical reactions... just stuff that interests me...lol

I forgot about this one: I took Soma (Carisoprodol) once and it gave me the most extreme anger I have ever felt in my life. I smashed up a chair and a table and couldn't stop screaming. This was extremely out of character for me and has never happened before or since.

Xanax used to speed me up. Wouldnt give me anxiety but instead of sedating id clean the whole house.
Now, years later, its sedating rather than speedy. Very weird. They say your body chemistry changes every few years. Or maybe it had something to do with the other drugs i was doing at the time. Not necessarily at the same time but the way the other.drugs changed my brain chemistry...?
If you're highly anxious you might be more productive on it.

If you're calm it'll likely prove very sedating.

Benzos act based on endogenous GABA levels, which may shift with stress, etc.

I definitely believe that your chemistry can change after enough time, drastically. Every drug I've used since I stopped for a while has affected me differently than it did, say, a year ago. I used heroin last night and couldn't sleep more than an hour at a time. A year ago I would exclusively use it at night and fall asleep fine. Benzos too, only I kinda like how I can get shit done on them now. Nowadays when I take a xanax, the anxiety relief inspires me to do all kinds of things, as opposed to becoming a giant bum like before.

Stimulants are the worst though. They don't make me tired, but they also don't really stimulate me anymore. I just gain extreme focus to the point where I can ONLY do ONE action, as opposed to the MDMA & anxiolytic-like effects I got before with basically any stim. Now it's just anxiety and repetition. Stimulants are known to degrade the system they work on greatly though, so dont know if I can blame it on that or just my body chemistry.

Whenever I am withdrawing from opiates or in the early PAWS stage coffee will make me extremely, uncontrollably nod out tired but this effect only last for 5-10mins just after the initial slight stim effects end. It actually feels like a vacuum in the back of my head at the base, where the cerebellum would be, that is sucking me to sleep. I have used opiates for 20yrs and I have noticed more and more strange feelings in this area of the brain. When I am using I don't sleep at all anymore and I notice when I use opiates a different sensation, almost like a blanketing effect, in this area of the brain. I have been reading a lot about opiates and there effect on the brain and endocrine system. I know they really mess up the HPA axis and I also read about the cerebellum shrinking from benzo use. This also seems to happen to alcoholics. When I kicked my daily benzo habit of 10yrs I had severe imbalance issues and my space, dimensional memory was atrocious. Trying to do things to decalcify the pineal gland right now to help with sleep recovery. Don't know why I'm rambling on about this stuff in a thread about paradoxical reactions... just stuff that interests me...lol
Very interesting

^ coffee can make me tire, too. Apparently if it happens as a regular thing it is an early warning sign that you maybe have ADHD [NOT saying you have}.

Alcohol and benzos increase my social anxiety, because I recognize that I'm impaired so overanalyze every action and word even more, something I already do so much it prevented normal socialization.

Caffeine is supposed to help with headaches, it gives me one if I don't have one and makes one worse if I do (I've never drank coffee more than once or twice a week, lately per year; the headaches start if I have more than one, which the caffeine headache remedies and pills already do with just one).

Stimulants (coke, meth, similar) calmed me down. Yeah my heart was racing and such, but still all I wanted to do is sit still and enjoy it. But I broke my brain for those a while ago; after that they provided zero good feeling and nothing but extremely distressful craving. Just snapped from one day to the next. Admittedly after I snorted/shot a whole ounce of high grade cocaine in a 3-day binge. Might try again, has been a decade+ since anything besides opiates.