• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Ever get an unnatural feeling while on acid?

DOJOLOACH

Greenlighter
I tripped the other night for the first time. probably gonna write a trip report, overall it was boring and i was by myself locked in my room kind of blocking the trip. But i almost took my own life thinking id be forever changed by the drug. Quite a miracle honestly. Anyways while i was tripping the acid started to feel unnatural. When i say unnatural im comparing it to shrooms. I felt that acid would change my personality and thought process, while shrooms only open my eyes to reality. I was starting to lose it so bad that i would log into facebook to try and find reality but i realized that reality is caused by society and that the only reality is mother nature. I did write down my thoughts on self improvement during the trip which was fun.

Maybe if i feel this way i should go take a walk next time?

Yeah on acid I'd recommend getting out of the house for absolute sure. Locked in your room by yourself is not the way to go in my opinion. Also have a sitter or a buddy to trip with would have been advisable. However acid affects people differently based on who they are, it's possible that you are not compatible with acid and should not do it again, bear in mind it may just have been cause you stayed in your room, idk, just be mindful of your needs on acid, I always pack a backpack full of goodies before I go exploring on acid, usually a few pre-rolled joints, drinks for hydration, water and gatorade, gummies and other light snacks, some books with cool pictures, no phone matter what, no computer no matter what, always pack a jacket incase you get cold, cigarettes, and Seroquel if I need to kill the trip for some reason. I've had a trip last way too long and I had to use Seroquel to put it to an end.

Thanks for the reply, I like the advice about the seroquel. Last time i used some awesome alprazolam powder (acts in seconds). I was afraid to use it because I didn't know what I would do after i took it. I'm trying to get some pals to do it with me, most of them are done with psychs. I've got one person that is interested in doing it. Not sure if he understands how a psychedelic is and what to expect though. Also thought it could be bad with only two people

How on earth do you think alprazolam powder or crushed pills for that matter work in seconds? It's false. Do some research. But don't bc it's placebo and if you think it works in seconds then it works in seconds. Alp takes 20-40 min to work. Doctors say 5 for people with anxiety attacks so they think it'll work within 5 min when in reality it's just placebo

I would recommend alpraz over seroquel personally, way less side effects. And yeah, just taking a benzo is enough to calm an anxiety attack because you know it will stop soon. When in an anxiety attack it can feel like you will be there forever, so just the act of taking a pill that you know will eventually make it go away usually calms one down. It's a good thing! Doesn't matter how long it takes for the "effects" to start because you will feel more relaxed knowing you did something to chill out. However I do find that taking benzo's after trips dulls the lessons and memories.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by unnatural. I get all sorts of weird bodily sensations on psych's, whether they are natural or not.

Tripping locked in a room is the worst I can imagine, my god! No wonder you felt bad and bored! LSD for me is all about good company and fun things to do. Art, playing music, making jokes, whatever.

I took quite a lot of acid when I was a student. Agree with bluuberry - do it with mates who you can trust or get well paranoid - or just bored. I found that smoking cannabis from two red hot knives via a tube intensified the high - and made hallucination almost controllable, like lucid dreaming. Maybe just me though.

yeah i guess that was an error on my part, tripping in my room. I was afraid to be outside due to fear of being judged by my crappy roommates or onlookers in the parking lot of my apartment. I suppose i have social anxiety. Sucks because none of my buds are into acid anymore, i've got a few guys who would trip shrooms with me though

I'm not really sure? Sort of at times; but not overall? If it did happen the times I've taken LSD in high, moderate, and low doses it didn't last that long since I just wold go with things.

OP, based on your comments on your trip you probably should NOT be taking psychedelics. coming close to suicide should be an indicator for you that this is probably not the road for you to go down. as for your "unnatural" feelings--i have a hard time believe you would never get unnatural feelings from mushrooms. some people have this idea in their heads that LSD is inherently worse for you because its made in a lab and doesnt grow out of the ground like mushrooms. to me, mushrooms feel much more unnatural because they have dozens of other alkaloids acting on your body and mind in conjunction with the psilocybin. notions like this in your head are bound to affect your trip, which because of the strange synaesthesia of LSD's effects, can affect your physiology.

why would you want to take LSD if you are just going to stay in your room feeling bored, "blocking the trip"? i think you should re-examine the reasons why you want to take the substances. they are very, very powerful. they can change your personality, your perception of the world, forever. you should only take psychedelics if you really want to.

as for next time, if there is a next time, try to think about how these things will be when you are tripping. facebook for example, is not a very fun thing when you are tripping. using a computer can be alright, if you put on some trippy videos on youtube or listen to some good music. also, i advise against tripping at home if your parents are there. usually tripping around any kind of authority figures isnt very fun, and can certainly inject a bit of anxiety into a trip that wouldnt be there otherwise. if you feel like you need to a change of atmosphere, going on a walk is great, especially if you can go into the woods or into a park. walking is good because of constantly changing scenery--you are multiplying all of the chances of you finding something interesting, just be careful and aware of your surroundings.

Well im trippin again lol, just starting to come up. I really wanna go sit outside and enjoy nature bymyself. Worried the man will get me though. Taking your advice though greenmachine thanks

Last edited:
Acid does make your consciousness much more sensative and open to stimuli. This isn't really a bad thing though. Being changed because of a trip has always been a blessing for me. As for the unnatural feeling, LSD can be pretty confusing and throw you around a bit in that way. Definitely occupy yourself when tripping, because being bored on acid is pretty stupid.

I tripped the other night for the first time. probably gonna write a trip report, overall it was boring and i was by myself locked in my room kind of blocking the trip. But i almost took my own life thinking id be forever changed by the drug. Quite a miracle honestly. Anyways while i was tripping the acid started to feel unnatural. When i say unnatural im comparing it to shrooms. I felt that acid would change my personality and thought process, while shrooms only open my eyes to reality. I was starting to lose it so bad that i would log into facebook to try and find reality but i realized that reality is caused by society and that the only reality is mother nature. I did write down my thoughts on self improvement during the trip which was fun.

Maybe if i feel this way i should go take a walk next time?

One of the biggest realisations most of us have to face during our lifetimes, often many times, and often taking many years to grasp, is that no matter what lies outside our minds and brains, our brains are ultimately the filter between that and what we actually experience. So our brains are entirely capable of shifting our reality, our personality, and how we interact with both of them. It's always better to truly understand this and grasp just how powerful your mind really is (Some would even argue that the mind IS everything, but I'm going to leave that up to you to decide ;)) early rather than late, so rather than worrying about such experiences, try and understand them, give your mind some credit and think about just how much you could improve your day to day life if you harnessed its power in everything you did rather than just during 8 hours in a trip. :D

Just my 2 cents!

..umm, I'm not so sure about that. I've had alprazolam on blotter b4 that I put under my tongue & felt effects in no more than 5min easy.

Uhh, all I can say is that, for me, any unnatural feeling on acid is natural.

Second trip on acid was wayy better. got outside my room and explored and looked at the night sky over the city. Way awesome! No bad points!

Great to hear :) I haven't had a bad trip myself, so I can't really relate, but I have definitely been close, I've always managed to reel myself back in before it got out of control.

When tripping, IME there are two major factors that can make big differences. These are [outdoors/indoors], and [alone/social/public].

Indoor trips (IME) usually feel more chaotic (not in a bad way) and visual, and they can feel claustrophobic for some people or overwhelming because of the visuals for others.

Outdoor trips (IME) feel more tranquil and you feel very connected with nature. You can also get some amazing visuals with nature, but the frequency/"density" of visuals is usually much less than indoor trips.

While I like both indoor and outdoor tripping, I clearly prefer social tripping to tripping alone.

Tripping alone can get very intense, and you don't have anyone else to take your mind off of things or to rationalize your problems. It can be great for insight and stuff though.

Tripping with a small group of friends that are also tripping (Trip sitters can weird out some people if they're sober, but if you need a sitter and don't know any experienced trippers you might want them to be sober, or maybe super high if they can handle that and still be responsible when necessary) is ideal for most people. It definitely strengthens bonds between you and your friends, and it helps to have other people that are sharing your experience with you. Only thing is if you guys have different tastes it can be annoying doing things you personally aren't in the mood for.

Among my friends I am almost completely alone in not minding public tripping. I naturally have no trouble handling myself on pretty much anything, but I have noticed that with certain people, being in public will almost always give them a difficult trip for a while.

I recommend being in a semi-secluded place outdoors (Not too secluded if you get paranoid. I get paranoid alone at night over ridiculous shit, if you're like that you shouldn't be in a big forest at night or anything until you know LSD) where you aren't being watched by people, and tripping with a couple good friends that DON'T have trouble handling their shit. If I couldn't handle substances as well as I do half my trips would have been shit because one of my friends (always the same people too) couldn't keep it together and I was the only one that could do anything.