• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

ever feel like life is one great big psychedelic experience?

Ever feel like life is one great big psychedelic experience?

• Yes

Votes: 180 76.6%
  • No

Votes: 55 23.4%

• Total voters

nbsp

Bluelighter
I don't mean in any superficial, ooooh, look at the pretty colors kinda way...

I just mean...all the evolution, and the crazy places your mind can go. The feeling of sifting through a dense mental fog to find clarity, even when it means completely reversing the opinion you were certain of an hour ago. The process of abstracting your own thoughts, and finding new ways to interpret and understand some of the bare, basic shit that floats around your own head.

simple yes or no question.

I dunno about anyone else here, but goddamn. My love for psychedelics is pretty much synonymous with my love for life, and my passion for being myself.

eh?

One of the most used sayings is, "that it all depends on perspective."

Yes.

Yes. Everything helps reveal the mind, even the dark sides.

However, the term is pretty general- what do you mean by psychedelic? How can you live a psychedelic life without the drugs? I lived a psychedelic life long before I tripped, I was always searching my own head.

Sorry but to me this question is very arbitrary if you do not define it better.

If by psychedelic you mean literally mind-manifesting then:
YES, how can one dispute the fact that everything we are and do is directed by our mind. It amounts to our consciousness and without that nothing can be really associated to reach an aware state at least for us.

If by psychedelic you mean particularly extraordinarily mind-manifesting then:
NO, because everyday life for a functioning individual normally means concentrating on getting stuff done and completing activities - business or pleasure.

However if you don't mean everyday life but life in general and if a deeper meaning becomes apparent more and more connected in a very remarkable way to the psychedelic state I would rephrase the question to the often-posed 'have psychedelics changed your perspective and outlook on life', which sounds a lot different from the one you asked.
My answer to that would be:
ABSOLUTELY, I feel like I am being awakened more and more feeling life flow through me to an almost unnatural extent. Of course from a consensus perspective it would be unnatural, to me it is feeling more and more like understanding ultimate undeniable philosophy on a personal level. Sometimes I feel like I have been given treasures of universal wisdom unworthy of a guy my age. People around me seem to acknowledge it as well. However it can also make me feel I am realizing goals way too fast, like I'm almost ready to die considering my experiences. At those moments I feel awkwardly overdeveloped in my own life...

taking a few trips on lsd helped me see how crazy f'ed up this world can be, and wonder why things work the way they do. Always wondering things like that now..

Life is crazy with or without psychedelics, they just help highlight the madness you may have overlooked sober.

I don't mean "psychedelic" the adjective, I mean "psychedelic experience," the noun. Does your life ever feel like one, and why? It could mean whatever tripping means to you personally; I wasn't really asking anything more specific than that. ;)

:)
I don't mean to be a smartass... the psychedelic experience is known to be free of content but only distort or make apparent what is already there in a certain way. I don't care if you see a yodeling leprechaun running through your garden, it represents some part of either yourself or the way you perceive what seems to lie outside of yourself. To amateurs, as you may agree, it often doesn't feel like that at all - but dedicated psychonauts tend to remark the resemblance, symbolism and integratable value of it over time.
I would compare it to seeing your face in a distorted mirror. A first-timer or a child would be consumed by the playful images ( "Hey suddenly I look like Danny deVito!" ), but eventually you can't help but conclude it's still you you're looking at.
I hope this clears up my perspective on this topic, and oh by the way - 'psychedelic experience' is not a noun, 'experience' is, so I stick to my adjective relativity case. Anyway, you only seem to imply here that you are referring to extraordinary mind-manifestation, which doesn't change the fact you are living in consensus reality which brings us to the above. :p
(damn, now I've done it again... even though i got your point)

or, to sum it up: a big fat yes to your question!
Or better yet, psychedelic experiences are life my great bit life (if that makes sense)

Last edited:
^Strangest life I've ever known :)

The whole thing is one three ring circus/freak show where you've got the best seats. At least that's my take on it - nothing else explains all the varieties of human behaviour I've seen! =D

yes, and to remember to be grateful for the experience, to come to accept it in its entirety, to embrace it fully. it changes so much.

Always. The biggest thing that psychedelics have helped me to realize, which I had forgotten since leaving the innocense of childhood, is that the psychedelic experience is not some higher order of reality or something. it's just another way of seeing it. This means that sobriety is just as special, it's just that after a long enough time in it, it stops seeming that way because it's what you're always experiencing. You know, if you stayed in the psychedelic state for long enough, it would just seem regular, too.

Life is so immensely bizarre and beautiful, really. People need to take their lives a lot less seriously and just learn to enjoy the moment and experience pure being at all times. No single moment or experience is better or worse than any other - it's all amazing.

People need to take their lives a lot less seriously and just learn to enjoy the moment and experience pure being at all times.

To enjoy the pure essence of being - got that from te Martian Chronicles (Ray Bradbury)

Words words ~ interpretations interpretations ..... :|

Aye another 'meaningful' commentary from the top of the hill. 8)

^Except- seratonin is not psychedelic. We are tripping on cloud 4673.3764 to be precise.