• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Evening Primrose Oil Increasing chances of Seizures And Lowering My Dose Of Benzos?

Thomas29

Bluelighter
Now I have Read And know for A Fact Evening Primrose Oil Increases the chances of Seizures And I Am LOWERING Not STOPPING My use of Benzos right now And I Am Anxious obviously but particularly about the severity of Increased chances of A Seizure when taking Evening Primrose Oil And if it is not that much of an Increase it would be helpful if someone could cite any Sources about this specific topic.

Please Help Me out fellow Bluelight Members, Thank You.

Hi.

I thought that link between the E.P. oil and seizures was debunked like a decade ago or thereabouts, having said that though links between complementary medicines like evening primrose and other oils cant be ruled out entirely as in 0%chance of an individual having an increase in seizures as that person who writes it in a journal is then liable.

Would ceasing taking the evening primrose before you lower your benzos be an option or do you need to take it?

I cant see there being anything to be concerned about tbh but as you are anxious anyway, why not just taper and cease the oil first?

The concern that evening primrose oil might cause epilepsy or seizures, or reduce the threshold for seizures, originated from two papers published in the early 1980s. These original reports are re-examined, and the association of evening primrose oil with seizures is shown to be spurious. Not only are linoleic acid and gamma-linolenic acid safe in epilepsy, with prolonged oral administration of linoleic acid and alpha-linolenic acid (in a 4:1 mixture) protecting rats from having seizures in four different epilepsy models, but the evening primrose oil-derived omega-6 fatty acid arachidonic acid inhibits sodium ion currents and synaptic transmission, while the evening primrose oil-derived eicosanoid prostaglandin E(1) appears to have anticonvulsant activity. In light of these findings, it is suggested that formularies should now remove seizures or epilepsy as a side-effect of evening primrose oil, and should remove a history of seizures or epilepsy as a contraindication to taking evening primrose oil.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17764919

Yeah, as said there ^^, Evening Primrose oil is protective and not associated with seizures in any way.

Most people would benefit from supplementing with EPO. Also great for inflammatory problems, skin issues etc.

OP, please, in the future do not make claims as fact that are not actually fact. There's nothing wrong with making mistakes dude, but when you preface a mistake with "I know for fact" it becomes a problem. You could hurt someone, so please try to be more careful.