• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

European commission is considering classifying CBD as a narcotic

bongdong

Bluelighter
The madness/hypocrisy continues. I wonder how much longer people are going to watch this nonsense being stuffed down our throats? It really puzzles me. Read for yourself:
Edit: If this should be in EADD, please move it. Thx.

Last edited:
The madness/hypocrisy continues. I wonder how much longer people are going to watch this nonsense being stuffed down our throats? It really puzzles me. Read for yourself:
Edit: If this should be in EADD, please move it. Thx.
That would be one step in the wrong direction. 🤔
CBD is not "narcotic", it's not recreational at all. But most certainly helpful for a number of stress-related conditions.

We're doomed if this trend continues...
I mean classifying CBD as a narcotic has no basis in reality.

The question is, who would benefit from this?

oh sure ! so if cbd is a narcotic. is flower going to be the fentanyl. 😮 loool.

Not to slaughter the thread topic or anything. But I wonder if gabapentin has a similar effect as marijuana ?

Never have tried it before !!! (gabapentin)

If at least it were some Halloween joke.

But i can believe the level of provocative bigot anti-cannabic prohibitionist propaganda indeed; actually it's quite about time for a suite to the mid-December 2017 joint UN/WHO publication on CBD...

It’s in regards to CBD novel foods. Here’s something I found. Yes it’s totally crazy.

‘The European Commission (EC) has said on record that it is pausing all CBD novel foods applications as it reviews whether CBD should not be classified as a food at all, but instead a narcotic.

The reasoning behind this pause relates to a line on the United Nations Single Convention on Narcotic Drugs from 1961 which states that “extracts and tinctures” of the flowering tops of the hemp plant (cannabis sativa) should be classed as a narcotic. CBD companies have until September to put forward their case to the EC.

It is peculiar that the EC should be reassessing their forward-looking classification of CBD as a novel food based on a 60-year-old convention that resulted in the devastating war on drugs. A battle which has been, in the words of Barack Obama, “an utter failure”.’

We're doomed if this trend continues...
I mean classifying CBD as a narcotic has no basis in reality.

The question is, who would benefit from this?
Likely some pharmaceutical company that could easily exploit CBD's legitimate medical use and make a fuckton of money after patenting some novel formulation. Any other reason I can think of is so fucking dumb it hurts my brain.

I've been hearing about this story for awhile now but it doesn't seem to go anywhere. We have a lot of contradicting laws here in the states as well and while it is causing friction it hasn't collapsed on itself.

However, I do think there is a big future with CBD in pharmaceuticals utilizing synthesis. We are learning inexpensive ways to make cannabinoids like CBD and THC without the use of a farm. It also opens the door to recreational users.

The future is wide open and it's only a matter of time before enough people get fed up with prohibition that changes are made.

Salutations PrincessDiz,

It’s in regards to CBD novel foods.

Good point, and doesn't CBD's twisted status as a "novel food" also imply MORE 3rd-party mis-guided/socio-toxic interference possibly endangering the people's right to self-cultivation, for example?? Now what happens with CBD-only smoker substitutes on the long term?... Or just a fair sense of proportionality to begin with!

🤔

My personal opinion is that all CBD including from cannabis should be at the very least as "legal" as beer and tomatoes. In addition it's because of cannabis the UN/WHO are after CBD today, while these obsolete control-freaks should find some genuinely-altruist cause to promote instead (why not the abolition of all death penalty!), preferably with a clear democratic mandate obtained by popular referendum IMHO!

Considering the present absurd dissymetry in our laws (still being too tolerant of the extravagant socio-economic toll associated to alcohol alone...), it's about time the participating countries finally end such United Nations non-sense simply by removing cannabis from any "schedule" (and/or cutting their public funds), just because IMHO cannabis should fall under the authority of agriculture at least in my province, while i can't but despise the recent further increase of state intrusion via Canada's "Free-the-Beer" supreme court case (which resulted in the perpetuation of a political act with less-than-noble roots, directly underming this country's 1867 confederation principles), etc. Lets thank the conservative's previous senate packing which only rendered it increasingly disfunctional.

The reasoning behind this pause relates to a line on the United Nations Single Convention on Narcotic Drugs from 1961...

This is sickening political hypocrisy from those continuously trying to erase their own tracks, promptly leading to the true origin of UN's influence in all cannabis matters: the Geneva Opium Convention of 1925, which was the very same year when Raoul Dandurand got symbolically rewarded for his "contribution(s)" with a president seat at the League of Nations, while USA's internal autonomist tensions prevented its leadership of the future UN...

It turns out Dandurand's wife was a high-visibility activist (ref.: "Le coin du feu", 1893-1896), so one can safely presume such feminine specimen of canuck "elite" must eventually have heard of this other famous women (and vice-versa...) who also exploited written media to advance political agenda(s):

Emily-Murphy-aka-Janey-Canuck-1915-1985-2004-Awards-230x400.png

Emily F. Murphy aka Janey Canuck. E.G. the Macleans feminist author of “The Black Candle, Marahuana — The New Menace”...

So lets pretend we can easily imagine those individual's lives in days with no internet nor even alphabetisation for the masses, when voters were particularily vulnerable, etc. Quite clearly that was no trivial event for Canada's 1st female magistrate to get decorated "Dame of Grace" in the order of "St-John of Jerusalem" under King Georges in 1915 anyway!!

It went on since practically the Victorian age and the bigots repeatedly showed they'll NEVER know when to stop; back then instrumentalizing women & kids under the claim these populations were exposed to sexual slavery once entrapped into addiction, of heroin and opium before 1925 to be exact.

Too bad it occured between 2 wars, allowing "spe¢iali$ts" and similar predator$ to easily find a way to operate OUTSIDE our democratic institutions in order to cease control under a typical lame excuse: In The Name Of Children... The initial logic was that a coordinated effort between our countries was justified and THIS is the root of all evils explaining today's most sickening paradox.

🚫

Never forget it got started by "elites" serving a "higher purpose" in eugenic times even before Hittler made it a national habit (...), not to mention Emily Murphy supported sexual sterilization for the "feeble-of-mind", etc., etc. Like a gardener ditching away some infestation...

Talking of coordination, anyone knows what happened of the 3rd Canadian held prisoner in China while facing a death penalty over dope, years ago? Those last few years Justin only seemed to remember 2, which ain't too surprizing in view of the rest.

The only courageous action that's really required is to put a stop to UN's errance and it's now crystal clear it won't come from a Trudeau.

...a 60-year-old convention that resulted in the devastating war on drugs.

Each time Justin & friends must be so pleased when the lasting side-effects of politically-convenient history-revisionism proves so profitable politically! In fact we might not be able to blame it on USA's cannabis prohibitionists as Anslinger and Nixon if that path hadn't already been cleared for them with "science", as that from John Warnock's El Abbassia Hospital (e.g. asylum for "hasheesh insanity"), in Cairo/Egypt (1897)...

A good reason for leaving the EU...

Police abuse urgently needs to be seriously addressed around the world but who wants to abolish it completely? Similarily, the UN/WHO are just as perfectible and it would help to remind them, or treaten to abolish the UN if reason still fails.

Good day, have fun!! ☮

That would just indicate utter incompetence or probable corruption in the European Commission. Embarrassing for it either way. Go Europe Go.. FIGHT THE POWER!!

Last edited: