• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Euphoria Ceiling for Norcos with low to moderate opiate tolerance?

doctorS

Greenlighter
Hey ya'll,

I'm wondering whats up with Norco for me nowadays - I have a bit of a cross tolerance from a week long Kratom binge, but when I got some Roxy 30s last Friday it only took eating 15 mg to get a good high. I did that on Saturday as well and when I got Norcos on Sunday, I popped 1.5 for a total 15 mg hydro and felt blissfully euphoric. The next day I succeeded in achieving the same Euphoria but it took taking another 5 mg about an hour after the initial 15. The next time I redosed about 4-5 hours later the euphoric impact was dramatically lessened - I took 2 pills, 20 mg hydro at once this time. Felt well being and reenergized for the first two hours and then hardly anything. WHen I took a final redose of 25 mg hydro 5 hours after the 20 mg dose, I literally felt no euphoria at all, hardly any high.

I then waited two days till Wednesday morn and attempted to dose at 15 mg hydro - little to no euphoria or even sedation, backing it up with another 5 hardly did shit. Same story as I redosed all day with 20 mg at a time - no euphoria, hardly any pain relief, hardly any sedation.

I'm wondering if I just need to bump it up to 30 per dose for today (I have a disgusting muscle spasm in my neck that i acquired over the last few days and I'm gonna end the binge once that goes away) - or if its just a full on ceiling to the euphoric effects of Vicodin? I feel like if I took 25 and felt nothing the day after I took 15 and was hella floating, something's up.

Thanks ya'll!!

~ the Doctor's in

We generally stray away from questions about euphoria or getting high so i'm gonna shift the theme a little.

Tolerance is a bitch. Also if you redose more than once in a day, especially after only a few hours, it's going to have very diminished results.

Uhhh okay? Even though I only recently made an account I've been referring to Bluelight since I was 15 for all my drug related questions (its been ten years) and have never seen the notion of euphoria being stigmatized when discussing drugs... am I on the wrong subgroup/drug discussion forum on the site? I can't comprehend how asking a question about achieving a high when discussing drugs is unacceptable. Harm reduction doesn't mean that we can't be real about what drugs do to people - they get them high. :?

If you want to talk about getting high the forum "drug culture" will be what you're looking for. This is basic drug discussion, we focus mostly on harm reduction here and while no one minds if you talk about getting high, it's shouldn't be the main focus of threads here.

How to achieve a certain high or amount of euphoria is not really harm reduction.

I'm sorry if i came across as a rule nazi, i'm just trying to keep the discussions focused as much on harm reduction as possible. Welcome to Bluelight, glad to have you!

We generally stray away from questions about euphoria or getting high so i'm gonna shift the theme a little.

Tolerance is a bitch. Also if you redose more than once in a day, especially after only a few hours, it's going to have very diminished results.

Sorry OP, but Falsified Hypothesis is right on the money. We don't really handle subject matter that concerns nothing more than, "Why am I not high?" I'm going to move this to Drug Culture.

Opiate tolerance is crazy, I rarely get high anymore (I take them every day.)

But when I first started experimenting like 10-12 years ago, I distinctly remember taking 30mg oxycodone no tolerance high as a kite, 30mg the next day was less of a high, and the next day it was barely a buzz. Maybe my tolerance works different than other people but that's how it is for me.

In addition to tolerance, novelty plays a role. When you begin to expect a very specific or distinct feeling, anything less can feel like an utter waste of time.

The easiest way to be satisfied is definitely to reduce frequency of use. If that can't be done, changing between different drugs of the same class is better than nothing. If you are using potentiators, try different ones for a time. Always remember to be careful, start small with new substances, read up on contraindications, all that stuff.

Well right off the bat the dosage you list for Oxycodone after your kratom binge 15mg is more equivalent to 22.5mg hydrocodone but I've also noticed this myself with hydro & to a lesser degree with oxy but I've talk to other opioid users who experience the reverse hydrocodone stays more effective at the same dose over time where oxy they were doubling up the amount of mg's they toss back from the previous day

A little side note I have noticed that coming from a kratom habit back to traditional Opiates (morphine & codeine + semi-synthetics like oxy and hydro ) cross tolerance is incomplete due to the structural differences in both drugs like methadone and its incomplete cross tolerance to morphine bit unrelated I know but any others notice this as well

Last edited:
I personally find hydrocodone fairly euphoric but it still doesn?t compare to Oxy, Morphine or even codeine for me (I have a very odd naturaly low tolerance for codeine the 90-120mg gives me the same buzz as 200-250mg+ for most people.) Higher dosages of (40-75mg) seem EXTREMELY euphoric for 40min-1.5hr then sorta just turns to a milder more mellowed out euphoria for 3-4hrs. Even with high doses of hydrocodone I don?t really nod like I do on other opiates unless I mix it with alcohol, Lyrica or benzos.

I remember after a serious injury in the hospital they gave me IV morphine every 6hrs (I don?t recall the dosage) and 2x 10mg NORCOs between doses along with my regularly prescribed 2mg Klonopin and 15mg temazepam. That was a particularly euphoric mixture but I was still in severe pain.

what do you mean by "Falsified Hypothesis?" Just to clarify when you say "we" you mean you and the other mods on this subgroup rather than the entire Bluelight site right? I'm new to forums in general lol so please excuse my tactless noobosity