• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

ETIZOLAM'S/BENZO's EFFECTS ON MARIJUANA INDUCED ANXIETY

sturdychinfilms

Bluelighter
BACKGROUND(I will get to the Weed):
Under normal circumstances, without the digestion of any benzodiazepine or anxiolytic benzo type drug I suffer from extreme anxiety and stomach pains. Not so much mentally, but physically. I am prescribed 1mg Alprazolam IR + 1mg Alprazolam XR twice daily. This has been enough to allow me to function but still I am left feeling jittery and I find myself avoiding situations and activities which I once loved. I have recently stopped taking the 1mg XR, and replaced it with 2mg Etizolam (TOWA and Etizest Brand). I have been using this altered schedule for a week and it is definitely more therapeutic than my prior regiment.

MARIJUANA INDUCED ANXIETY
Normally I avoid marijuana like the plague. It sends me into absolutely horrible panic attacks and disassociation. It is odd because I smoked weed for quite some time as a young teenager (12-16). I had one bad experience and since then I have tried many times under many circumstances to re-appreciate weed. But it does nothing but send me into a psychedelic hole of anxiety. I am interested on knowing if a decent dose of Etizolam will cure the marijuana induced anxiety. Often I even get very intense open eye visuals, which I would actually enjoy if not overcome with such horrendous anxiety and paranoia. I am hoping it will help. As I type this I have 5mg of TOWA Etizolam under my tongue. I also have a few small left over roaches that my brother forgot to bring home with him. Once the effects of the Etizolam begin to show themselves as present, I will indulge in the marijuana, hopefully, resulting in a good relaxing experience.

EXPERIMENT # 1 (written while under the influence)

3:35pm: The etizolam under my tongue has completely dissolved and I’ve let the medication sit there for about 20 min.

3:41pm: Beginning to feel the effects of the etizolam, so I swallow the amount under my tongue, but I am going to wait a bit till they really hit. I will light the joint in 15 minutes.

3:56: Well moment of truth. Sparking up joint now(probably about A .2g in the roach)

4:00: I am extremely high. And not enjoying it at all. Difinitely in fucked up weitd shit mode.

4:03: Well I am seriously, triping right now. It’s seriously. Tripingg like a mother fucker.

5:18: I suffered a long twisted agony filled-pspchoogca involving, our own rroom as excuses, and it was connected with all thse whites that down andys

MORNING AFTER REFLECTION:

Well, that was very very fucked up lol. after a period of time riddled with anxiety, paranoia, hallucinations, de ja vue and all around hell -what I though was an hour, turned out to be 15 minutes- I started to reclaim some sense of reality but not enough to release me from my panic attack. As the Etizolam took hold I calmed down slightly but not enough. I took 3 more pills but then found myself going back to take more only seconds later and stopped myself, because I did not want to keep forgetting how many I had taken over and over and over and end up taking a shit ton. So The three extra etizolam eventually calmed me down to the point where I could sort of enjoy the effects of the marijuana, but of course I ended up in a huge fight with my parents over some stupid shit and it ruined the whole high. However, I refuse to give up the quest of feeling at least one good marijuana trip. I will be performing this experiment again.

CONCLUSION
More etizolam (10mg) and at least an hour and a half between etizolam dosage and marijuana ingestion.

Last edited:
I would avoid etizolam, a benzodiazepine-type drug, since you don't want to develop a benzo addiction just so you can smoke weed. There has been research that shows that the paranoia, freak outs and anxiety can eventually start to dissipate with regular use but in any case I would choose your strain wisely, going for an indica dominant strain or pure indica since they are far less prone to cause anxiety than sativas. That is the best solution rather than taking an addictive drug just so you can take a much much less addictive drug.

I don't want to conflate the psychological effects of addiction and drug craving with the physiological dependence which causes drug withdrawal symptoms just to be clear.

Why not state the obvious. Avoid the weed.

I'm sure the author of this little study is well aware that it is not in their favour to use cannabis, though.

I just think it's funny that someone would suggest not using etizolam, when the problem is clearly that weed gives them horrible panic attacks (like a lot of people out there, it's probably the most common side effect). Wait did I see that other strains were actually suggested? Lol. This person has no business going anywhere near weed.

Fuck I just read your conclusion. It's such a shame to read deluded bullshit like that. Are you seriously that attached to the idea of being a marijuana user? It's just a silly weed for crying out loud, that personally makes you feel worse than shit; it makes you feel like you're dying, and you're trying to hold onto it by taking massive doses of benzo-type drug. How exactly are you expecting to benefit from this foolish behaviour? Just accept that weed can't be a part of your life. It doesn't mean you can't handle any other drugs, for example I can manage milligram+ doses of acid but one tiny barely visible toke of weed has put with in the hospital before with tachycardia and i had to be hardcore sedated like an animal. Felt like I wasn't going to make it through alive, and swore off weed forever after that.

When it comes to drugs there should be a personal, informed choice to use or not to use which is highly dependent on the experimenter, and when you have a serious adverse, consistent reaction to a certain drug as you do with cannabis, the tendency is to simply not use it because that's common sense. It doesn't mean that you are going to have that type of reaction with every drug out there.

I would personally edit your report a bit, but of course that part is up to you:

Conclusion

Weed is not for me. I will never use it again, and if I am interested in altered states of consciousness so much, then I look forward to researching potentially agreeable alternatives that don't induce a severe fight-or-flight reaction and a blatant aversion to the effects experienced.

Or just keep toking?

Last edited:
I agree with the two people above. You shouldn't be taking any benzo or any other highly addictive drug just so you can enjoy cannabis. It seems really counteractive in a forum about harm reduction.

If you want to continue doing this it's your decision, but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. If you choose to smoke than accept that it may be overwhelming for you. Like AE said it's all about finding what strain works best for you, and it's different for everyone.