• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Etizolam

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know, when I think of thienodiazepines the first thing that comes to my mind is zyprexa, which is no fun and rather nasty stuff (not as bad as other neuroleptics, but no fun nonetheless). Plus, the occurrence of NMS in a benzodiazapine makes one think that its acting on receptors other than GABA, and potentially having dopamine antagonist properties.

I would avoid it personally.

Estazolam on the other hand is a great drug, I have script for it as I partial to triazolo benzos. But with etizolam, that thiophene is to me, a cause for concern. Who knows, if could also be an antagonist for 5-HT2a.

I wouldn't take it before obtaining all the binding information. Phenazepam is a better alternative, although perhaps not as powerful of a hypnotic. Still, there is no risk of NMS and it is GABA selective.

Last edited:
NMS = neuroleptic malignant syndrome?

That is listed as a rare event with sudden withdrawal of benzodiazeines, with very little in the way of confirmed cases, they all seem to point back to ONE PERSON who experienced it with etizolam. As Etizolam is perscribed in many countries, we would expect more reports if it was a normal withdrawal effect. And benzos are generally used to treat NMS (so the fact that people withdrawing suddenly may rarely experience NMS-like symptoms is not terribly surprising).

In any case i just got my Etiz today, time to try it out actually, so i'll hopefully be sleeping happilly soon.

Last edited:
I recently came across etizolam and it looks really nice. I've been a little hesitant to dive into benzos again after my last run in with phenazepam.

I will sample some soon as well, hopefully... Will be sure to update.

The action of it looks totally different from olanzapine, negro... Other theinobenzodiazepines are known to have really high abuse potential, like brotizolam, and reports coming back from etizolam say it also gives pretty full-fledged effects.

So does anybody know what the max solubility is in PEG400? I'd like to dissolve 8 milligrams per milliliter of PEG400.

I tried searching but can't come up with an answer...

I certainly could be wrong, it was just a knee-jerk sort of reaction. I just saw the thiophene ring and thought immediately of zyprexa, which brings thoughts of NMS and other nasty things. True it doesn't look a whole lot like olanzapine...

I guess thiophene is similar to triazole in that they are both heterocyclic rings (from what i remember thiophene containing sulpher, triazole containing nitrogen, the latter being saturated), which makes alprazolam, estazolam and triazolam some of the better benzodiazepines.

Edit: I am unfamiliar with brotizolam, but i'll read up on it.

Last edited:
Negro: I assure you they are nothing alike. In fact, I'd say the similarity is only chemical, as AFAIK olanzepine is more of a DA/5-HT antagonist than a GABAergic.

Having tried both Etizolam and Brotizolam, I can vouch that they are nothing like Olanzepine (much more like alprazolam), although I personally put Brotizolam pretty low on my benzo list while Etizolam is consistently near the top.

Mmm, i rather liked this stuff, i definitely prefer the effects over phenazepam. And the next morning i didnt wake up still feeling off!

And, Wizzle, i think you're going to have to try it yourself. 10mg will dissolve in under 1ml of ethanol though....

What strength ethanol?

Are you guys getting this in pure powder form from an RC vendor, or are they tablets?

75% ethanol.

And yeah, we're talking pure powder. I know you know the vendor, it's the one who always has wierdass sedatives, he keeps adding neat stuff.

Thanks TheAzo... Ethanol it will be then, I don't like to mess around with this kind of stuff. I know I have the same vendor too, haha. I will report here as soon as my brothers tried the stuff (I'm off the drugs myself nowadays).

Ixnay on the endorvay if you want to keep your posts, guys.

Yes I know him, just hadn't check his site in a while. Maybe I'll try some dissolved in absolute ethanol. I remember the same vendor saying that he was trying to obtain some zolazepam.

Somewhat off topic, is lab/ technical grade absolute ethanol safe? I read that some of the chemicals used to dry it out to 99.5% are dangerous unless it's USP or ACA grade.

I will be getting some of this soon and cannot wait. I will definitely be posting my experience with it once I have the opportunity to take it.

Tried .75mg of Etizolam a couple days ago with a friend. It's somewhat soluble in Everclear; enough to get the job done. I believe both of us agreed that it's our favorite benzo we've tried so far. It seems like .75mg = ~1.25mg of alprazolam, but they are hard to compare because they are very different.

Takes a long time to come on, doesn't hit you fast like alprazolam, clonazepam, or diazepam. Started feeling it around +20 minutes, and seemed like it peaked at 2-3 hours in. It's interesting because it almost felt like it had two stages. I wonder if that is because of it's active metabolite alpha-hydroxyetizolam?

For the T+20min - 2 hours, a lot more muscle relaxation and discoordination than 1.25mg of alprazolam, but rather clear in the head. Not tired at all, especially compared to alprazolam, which would have me a little sleepy. Head still feels very clear considering the amount of muscle relaxation.

Hours T+3:00-6:00 felt different. Some tiredness came on, stronger body feeling, much like when you're sleeping in and every position feels comfortable. More of your standard drunken gigglely-ness, opposed to the clear headed beginning.

I'd say I felt about normal at T+8:00hours, though it's hard to tell with benzos.

Keep in mind, this was only one experience, and downers seem to vary a lot from experience to experience. Oh yeah, I have no tolerance to any drug of any kind. Here's my benzo preference list if it matters at all:

1. Midozolam (IV)
2. Etizolam
3. Alprazolam
4. Diazepam
5. Clonazepam
6. Lorazepam

Tablets 60x1mg were acquired today. First impressions are good. Euphoria is present for sure, although I hadn't used benzos for a while before now so I can't make reliable comparisons at the moment. Very relaxing/chilled out benzo, on 4mg so far but not drowsy at all. I find it quite uplifting - I was expecting it to knock my head off but it's fairly subtle. I'd say this is more suited for use as an anxiolytic rather than a hypnotic benzo. On the whole I am pleased. Think I'll be seeing a fair bit more of these little beauties in the future :)
Any questions, fire away.
you say you havent used any benzos for a while.

how longs a while?

i use benzos once per week and have a high tolerance to diazepam,alprazolam,clonazepam.

im thinking about how long i should leave it before i try my etizolam to benefit properly and realise its full effects

advice anyone?

you say you havent used any benzos for a while.

how longs a while?

i use benzos once per week and have a high tolerance to diazepam,alprazolam,clonazepam.

im thinking about how long i should leave it before i try my etizolam to benefit properly and realise its full effects

advice anyone?

Wait a week or two minimum.

Thanks,i was gonna try and wait 3 weeks but i dont have the willpower so im gonna try to wait for 2 weeks but knowing me come fri/sat il be necking the etizolam 8)

Good luck! Let us know how it goes. Etizolam is one of the benzos I have yet to try but would love to. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.