• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Etizolam vs Valium - flying anxiety

Maneenz

Greenlighter
I posted this in the New Members forum but it might be more appropriate here so I'll re-post......

Hi Everyone

I've been reading this forum on and off for a while, but this is my first post. So hello!

I was wondering if anyone had every used Etizolam for flying, and was it any good?

I've taken valium quite a few times in the past for my flying related panic, usually about 30mg - 50mg for a flight of 5 - 12 hours. I don't drink and I've never been knocked out when I've taken it, just felt very relaxed and happy.

The doctors in the UK are so reluctant to prescribe it, even though I've only ever taken it when I've been flying. So I wondered if etizolam might be a good fit? I don't want anything like a sleeping tablet, or anything hallucinogenic. If anyone has any other suggestions I'd really appreciate it.

Cheers,

Maneen

Etizolam will definitely help you relax on a flight, the thing is it doesn't last nearly as long as valium. So you might need to re dose if your flight is longer than 4-5 hours.

Thanks Liftedgift. Have you taken it, and you know if it causes any kind of "trippy" feeling? I've read that it can do, and that's essentially what I want to avoid.

I have never had any trippy like effects from Etiz even and on a dose of 10

Benzos aren't trippy idk where you read that. It's very similar to diazepam, other than it's potency- you'll need much less etizolam just a couple mgs.

I posted this in the New Members forum but it might be more appropriate here so I'll re-post......

Hi Everyone

I've been reading this forum on and off for a while, but this is my first post. So hello!

I was wondering if anyone had every used Etizolam for flying, and was it any good?

I've taken valium quite a few times in the past for my flying related panic, usually about 30mg - 50mg for a flight of 5 - 12 hours. I don't drink and I've never been knocked out when I've taken it, just felt very relaxed and happy.

The doctors in the UK are so reluctant to prescribe it, even though I've only ever taken it when I've been flying. So I wondered if etizolam might be a good fit? I don't want anything like a sleeping tablet, or anything hallucinogenic. If anyone has any other suggestions I'd really appreciate it.

Cheers,

Maneen

You take up to 50mg of valium for a flight? Are you a regular user?

I am an irregular user and 4mg of diazepam will completely relax me and 6mg would knock me the fuck out for 8 hours. Not mixing with any other drugs.

^ That's a really low dose. Do you take 4/5s of the 5mg pills cause I didn't know they made any weaker. Even when I didn't have any tolerance id take 30-40mg.

You take up to 50mg of valium for a flight? Are you a regular user?

I am an irregular user and 4mg of diazepam will completely relax me and 6mg would knock me the fuck out for 8 hours. Not mixing with any other drugs.
Are you sure you're talking about diazepam? If so that's an extremely low benzo tolerance for 6 mg to knock you out for 8 hours.

Are you sure you're talking about diazepam? If so that's an extremely low benzo tolerance for 6 mg to knock you out for 8 hours.

Yup, 2mg diazepam tablets prescribed to me. 6mg, on a full stomach, and I was out like a light feeling sem-drunk the first time I used them. And I'm a big (200lb+) guy.

did they prescribe you those little white diazepam pills in the blue box with the green stripe? they used to give me those for GAD.

if 6mg of generic diazepam (3 of the littlw ehite tablets) effect you in the way you describe etizolam will f' you up - if i recall correctly; 1mg of ETZ is equivalent to 10mg diaz.

so maybe split an ETZ in half and take that? you should be sound as a pound mate. i know how hard it is to get benzos in the uk.

enjoy your holiday!

did they prescribe you those little white diazepam pills in the blue box with the green stripe? they used to give me those for GAD.

if 6mg of generic diazepam (3 of the littlw ehite tablets) effect you in the way you describe etizolam will f' you up - if i recall correctly; 1mg of ETZ is equivalent to 10mg diaz.

so maybe split an ETZ in half and take that? you should be sound as a pound mate. i know how hard it is to get benzos in the uk.

enjoy your holiday!

Lol that's not OP, OP takes 30-50mg of diazepam.

Thanks Liftedgift. Have you taken it, and you know if it causes any kind of "trippy" feeling? I've read that it can do, and that's essentially what I want to avoid.

I've been taking etizolam 1-3 times a week for the last 3-4 months and have experienced no trippy feeling lol, no benzo has ever been trippy for me but maybe we have different definitions of the word.

Lol that's not OP, OP takes 30-50mg of diazepam.

oh shit! haha sorry dude(s). if OP is taking upto 50 mgs then his/her tolerance is about the same as mine. etizolam 1mg still roughly equates to 10mg diaz/valium. soooooo, go fish?

etizolam is the best benzo I have ever had... I would fly around the world twice if I had 50mg powder etz.

enjoy your holiday!

They are the little white ones that say 2 and something else (too lazy to check right now)

I have used etizolam before I ever tried Valium and in my experience 2mg etizolam feels the same as 6mg of Valium in terms of sedation, muscle relaxing and even memory loss.

Maybe I just got some shitty etizolam, but I'm telling ya it can even feel 2mg of diazepam quite a bit.

etiz is shite compared with diazepam too short acting and the buzz is not that strong but everyone is different horses for courses

Yeaah! I've taken etizolam a few times on a long flight. 2mg for me was the ideal dose, keeps you nice and relaxed and also makes falling asleep rather easy although it won't make you pass out if you keep yourself busy. Just to avoid any hassle with security I've always taken mine right before going through the security checks (go into a bathroom cubicle to be extra safe...). I wouldn't consider smuggling any on board. Etizolam is unscheduled in most places, but I'd prefer to avoid any potential drug related problems at an airport. Probably one of the worst places to get caught with stuff!

They are the little white ones that say 2 and something else (too lazy to check right now)

I have used etizolam before I ever tried Valium and in my experience 2mg etizolam feels the same as 6mg of Valium in terms of sedation, muscle relaxing and even memory loss.

Maybe I just got some shitty etizolam, but I'm telling ya it can even feel 2mg of diazepam quite a bit.

yeah i know what ones your talking about. how many did they give you?
in my past experience they only give one 2mg for the outward journey and one 2mg for the return. which is total crap.
amazing to observe the American medical systems differences to ours; i once sat next to an American on a 9 hour flight to India and he gave me about 4 xanax, I declined initially because i thought he was giving me his entire Rx, then he just pulled an orange bottle filled to the brim with these pink beauties and we both just started laughing our heads off. i digress...

i always found etizolam to be much harder hitting but with a shorter duration (re-dose time of about three hours). i also found the memory loss was far less with etizolam, a lot more clear-headed and anxiolytic.

it could be you ended up with some bunk stuff, or just differing physiologies. they make etizolam in the 2mg form now, which is red instead of blue (but inside they're all white), so you could try those; i find they absolutely floored me.

OP i would suggest a 2mg etizolam dose with your tolerance bring an extra 1mg on the flight with you just in case you need it. dont have it in the blister pack, just keep the pill in your pocket when going through security, you'll be fine even if they see it.. tell them its for flight anxiety and they'll leave you alone, they're not like cops out to bust people.. they just wanna keep dangerous shit off the flight.

OP i would suggest a 2mg etizolam dose with your tolerance bring an extra 1mg on the flight with you just in case you need it. dont have it in the blister pack, just keep the pill in your pocket when going through security, you'll be fine even if they see it.. tell them its for flight anxiety and they'll leave you alone, they're not like cops out to bust people.. they just wanna keep dangerous shit off the flight.

well you really have to be careful there, although etizolam and other thienodiazepine analogues are legal are legak in most countries it doesn't apply to all; Germany, for instance.

check the legality of etizolam before you decide to bring it on a flight with you, or they could slap you with some bullsh*t charge of illegally importing a controlled substance or something.