• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Etizolam tolerance/withdrawals

Does etizolam cause grogginess the next day or mess with your REM sleep? Also what benzo would u compare etizolam too even ? I know..i know... all drugs are different blah blah but im sure SOME comparison can be made even though its a thienodiazapene and not a benzo. Is it short acting and strong like xanax, more drawn out like klonopin, relaxing and mellow like diazepam? I have some in route and am wondering what to expect

I don't have a great deal of benzo experience, so it would be tough to make a comparison. It kind of reminds me of diazepam, I guess...

It didn't make me feel groggy or hung-over the next day, but I slept a lot more deeply than usual; I slept through my alarm, and overslept by a couple hours.

I would say etizolam is somewhere in between diazepam and temazepam.
In lower doses (up to 1mg) its just calming but without the 'dopey' edge that diazepam has, in higher doses (2mg etc) its more hypnotic like temazepam but again its alot more clear headed and functional then benzos.
It doesnt appear to affect REM sleep at all because I always wake up feeling refreshed and the nightime drowsiness it causes feels more like natural tiredness, rather then to 'medicated unconsiousness' that benzos or z-drugs cause.

Last edited:
ive used etiziloam daily for the past 3 months. with klonopin mixed in for sleep sometimes. its good for panic attacks..and helps me fall asleep, but not stay asleep.

i find that tolerance does not become a prob but length of fx seem to shorten after much use.
but it feels a lot like ativan mixed with valium ha. but even in readings ive read that etizolam unlike benzodiazepines there seems to be reverse tolerance thing going on.
and the addiction rate is lower than most they found. its out of your system so fast it really is noticeable you have to take more again. Unlike xanax and valium that i was abusing heavy . I can come off etizilam feeling ok..
but the 3 months its took to feel normal after heavy xanax use makes etizolam seem mild.yet just right.

I was taking about 10mg a day of etizolam in 2012, don't believe anybody that it doesn't have withdrawal. Also etizolam suppresses REM sleep like any other benzo, got the same vivid dreams from the rebound when tapering off.

^ Well, it's strange...I don't think I've been taking them regularly enough to form a dependence (3 days off 2 days on), but on my off days I also have reduced sleep quality ie light, restless sleep and nightmares, so there is def a rebound effect going on.

Also etizolam suppresses REM sleep like any other benzo, got the same vivid dreams from the rebound when tapering off.

Odd, one of the many reasons I prefer etizolam to traditional benzos is that it doesn't seem to interfere with my REM sleep at all. I can take a couple mgs of etiz and sleep the night away where as taking 2mgs of Xanax will give me a couple hours of sleep followed by a night of tossing and turning

I was taking about 10mg a day of etizolam in 2012, don't believe anybody that it doesn't have withdrawal. Also etizolam suppresses REM sleep like any other benzo, got the same vivid dreams from the rebound when tapering off.

Could you describe the withdrawal symptoms of these types of benzo? I've been hearing reports they're not as severe when detoxing as traditional benzos, but obviously these reports are subjective as hell, so finding definitive answers is tough. Also, I'd be interested to know how many days of daily use it took before you noticed a physical dependence? (As I said it's a worry to me; I've been using these things fairly regularly, and over two weeks I've been using pyrazolam in fairly high doses (although not daily, and haven't used them for a week now.

Odd, one of the many reasons I prefer etizolam to traditional benzos is that it doesn't seem to interfere with my REM sleep at all. I can take a couple mgs of etiz and sleep the night away where as taking 2mgs of Xanax will give me a couple hours of sleep followed by a night of tossing and turning

This I finally tried it last night, two mg's and slept the whole night without any waking right up until my alarm went off, which hasn't happened in weeks.
I'm a little tired but that is likely still from me raving on saturday night.
And I know I didn't wake and simply not remember because my facebook news feed on my phone was the same as when I went to bed haha.
Anyway I think even 1mg for a few nights should be sufficient, I only took two because I had a three hour nap from 5:00pm on sunday to 8:00pm and had to be asleep by 11:00pm.

unfortunately etizolam gives me the next day grogginess that every other benzo does...i just feel slower overall the day after taking benzos..nothing eliminates this feeling besides time and maybe caffeine..

it says on wiki that lorazepam and etizolam were compared and etizolam had less tolerance in mice i geuss or something go read the etizolam page on wiki.]

i may try one of these RC benzo's soon. i really just didnt know about them or i would have already got some.

etizolam sounds like its voted the most preferred out of say maybe pyrazolam, and diclazepam. at least from what i read of others.

Personaly, I prefer pyrazolam, (I need something functional, not sedating) but etizolam is well worth trying.

Etizolam gives me withdrawals from ONE single dose! I don't know if past wd's with other benzos made me sensitive to GABA drugs or what, but its bullshit!

Well, I can use it 2 days in a row (high doses, mind), and be extremely jittery the next day, and reaching for the phenibut. (It's dodgy as fuck, I've been cycling rc benzos and phenibut for 2 weeks now), and I'm becoming very worried, not to mention my hardcore dependency issues.

I'm down to my last 8 etiz pills, and I just can't risk ordering any more. I've known a lot of BL'rs with control I frankly envy; I just can't trust myself. To be honest, I wish I'd never heard of RC's.

There's some drugs I can't control myself with, benzos aren't one of them thankfully.
I don't find them terribly recreational, and I don't seem to get anxiolytic effects from them.
The sedation is very nice though

Funny you should say that; I don't actualy enjoy the effects much myself - sedation is good, but I wouldn't call them euphoric or recreational.
I messed up and ordered 100 mg of etiz powder (very cheap compared to pills). Trying to find a safe way to dose the stuff.

For people that go through a very large amount of the stuff I've heard of them buying a gram and dosing a standard 900 tab blotter sheet
Volumetric dosing should work very well too, etizolam dissolves in ethanol or propylene glycol, I'm not sure about its stability in solution, the people who laid blotter generally used ethanol as it would evaporate out so there was no risk of degradation

Thanks for the advice mate, I think your second method sounds to complex for me personaly, but the blotter sheet sounds like a great idea.

Edit: oh, I think I understand what you mean now about volumetric dosing. Like for example I could put it in 100ml of liquid and then use a 1 ml pippette or syringe to measure each dose. That's a fantastic idea! Sounds perfect for me. Do you think purified water would work with etizolam?. I would keep it in a glass vial I imagine, to avoid degradation.

Thanks again for the great advice.

Last edited:
Yes that's exactly what I'm talking about
It doesn't really dissolve in water, and if you would be storing it I would use propylene glycol as can evaporate thus skewing your dosages over time.
If you are using propylene glycol I would use the smallest amount possible, definitely aim for the 1:1 ratio.
From what I've read though etizolam should be stable in a PG solution for the duration you would use it.

Okay,that's what I'll use: proplyene glycol. Would that be toxic to ingest in a liquid, or would it need to be evaporated first ie use a 1ml pippete to place a drop onto a blotter or vitamin pill or something?

Btw when you said 1:1 ratio did you mean 1 part drug for one part PG?

has anyone taken the new Etizest-1 etizolam tablets/pellets??how are they compared to the etilaam brand?