• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Etizolam taper plan

cornishninja

Greenlighter
I know there are other threads talking about tapering of Etizolam, but not everyone reacts the same way or has the same circumstances, so I want to get some advice about my planned taper according to my individual circumstances, etc which I intend to complete by the end of March.

In the UK, there's a blanket ban coming up as we all know, but that's not the primary reason I want to stop using Etiz. My main reason is because they aren't good for my brain and body and it was only ever going to be a relatively short term thing for me. I've been using it pretty much since late Sept/early Oct 2015 with a few short breaks here and there, to treat insomnia. I only take them at night and currently I'm taking around 3mg per night. One of my concerns is that if I haven't stopped by the time the blanket ban comes in, I'll be forced to stop abruptly and I don't know if that will give me problems. I also don't want to substitute Etiz with Diazepam or any other benzo, and my Etiz usage isn't something I want on my medical records, so this isn't something I would approach my doctor about.

The only problems I get with Etiz is a very poor appetite (I can barely manage one full meal a day and poor short term memory, and this has been going on for as long as I've been using Etiz). During the day, I feel otherwise okay. When I took short breaks, I never experienced any nasty WDs or seizures, psychosis, etc. In fact, I felt quite normal and healthy.

I use Etilaam because it's much more sedating for me than Etizest is. I don't get any anxiety, shakes, etc during the day and I function pretty well.

Do you think cutting my dosage by 0.5mg per night each week would be a safe taper (over approximately 5 weeks)?

Would using herbal remedies such as a Valerian tincture in my warm milk before bed be dangerous whilst tapering?

TIA.