• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Etizolam compared to other benzonRC’s and benzodiazepines

Regulat0r10

Bluelighter
Hey guys quick question regarding etizolam and muscle relaxant properties. From research on the web I have concluded that diazepam is in fact the strongest as far as muscle relaxant but I am curious when you compare Alprazolam to Etizolam. According to the wiki benzo page it stated alprazolam does not have muscle relaxant properties or very little , but more hypnotic and sedating effects. Does anyone have a chart or source with comparison to rc’s and benzodiazepines? Thanks

Hey guys quick question regarding etizolam and muscle relaxant properties. From research on the web I have concluded that diazepam is in fact the strongest as far as muscle relaxant but I am curious when you compare Alprazolam to Etizolam. According to the wiki benzo page it stated alprazolam does not have muscle relaxant properties or very little , but more hypnotic and sedating effects. Does anyone have a chart or source with comparison to rc’s and benzodiazepines? Thanks

structurally speaking etizolam is very close to alprazolam so I would expect it to be mostly hypnotic/sedative

structurally speaking etizolam is very close to alprazolam so I would expect it to be mostly hypnotic/sedative

thanks yeah I can’t find the wiki chart I looked at but it listed every benzo to benzo rc and it provided each effect. Apparently alprazolam according to wiki does not provide muscle relaxant effect but etizolam does I wasn’t sure how they were in comparison or if they are close to the same. I am curious which rc would have the most muscle relaxant properties but that said SOMA offers more than Valium right?

and also,

do u happen to know what etizolam would metabolite into? Say for science you took a urinalysis to a lab, depending on the state, given it wasn’t a controlled substance, I’m sure it would cause a false negative but aside from others saying it is detected as a benzo, what specifically would it show as?

etizolam is metabolized to alpha-hydroxyetizolam and 8-hydroxyetizolam [ref], which are unique to etizolam, meaning it is unlikely to be mistaken for e.g. diazepam
that said it is impossible to say for sure if they will be a false negative because there are many different drug tests out there

Reductively speaking, I thought alprazolam had most affinity for a2/a3, associated with anxiolysis, while hypnotics are pam's at a1, and a5 being most associated with amnesia(?)