• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Etizolam and safety concerns

stationdragon

Greenlighter
Hi guys,

very quick one.

Etizolam seems to be a very popular and loved benzo but I've also heard a lot of terrible things about it.

Some regular users of pharmaceuticals even seem to fear it to a degree.

I know a student died in the US and etizolam was blamed in the papers but I can't find a tox report or anything which would be very useful...how much did he take, what was his tolerance like, what else had he taken, was he drinking. That would help clear things up.

Anyway, I have about 30 2mg of these and I've tried them twice. The Euphoria is just out of this world and I'd like to push it some more but due to a huge lack of information I've been extremely strict with myself and I don't take it with anything else and I only take one because 1mg is supposed to be equivalent to 10mg of diazepam and my etiz are 2mg as it is. I've been tempted to take two and I'm sure I'd be safe but I'm terrified to mix these with any other pharrma whatsoever, I imagine the feeling of a couple of etiz and at least 180mg of codeine would be fantastic but I have no idea of the dangers involved so I would just lie there shitting myself if I did anything near that.

Can anyone clear this up for me please so I know what to expect and most definitely where NOT to take this on the scale.

Thanks again friends

I would never take it again. Gave me blepharospasms.
Only one of the many "benzos" (rc or not) that i ever tried that did that. Not something i'd want to go through again, it was a freaky experience, though fortunately the spasms stopped eventually.

Fatal OD from benzos is actually very rare - that is, if its a benzo alone. Combined with alcohol and/or opiates, they are EXTREMELY dangerous!

Grrrr just lost a post I typed out...

I get what you're saying about benzos being very safe alone but I do like to mix with codeine for that extra kick.

I have been worried a little about blepharospasms but I thought that was only with long term heavy use. I've only taken it twice at 2mg a time. Do you reckon I should stop them 100% or am I relatively safe at those low doses once in a while?

I know gabapentin is another drug that can be pushed quite far too but what about when mixed with codeine or with benzos?

(I think that pretty much covers my lost post)

Also, that thing you said about pyrazlam not being metabolised. Does that make it safe to take with codeine then? Or am I getting the wrong end of the stick here?

I hate to appear the noob but when you're a noob, you're a noob... :/

Etizolam has a very short half life, it's pretty safe to take by itself.
I would caution mixing it with opiates due to it being a CNS depressant.

I would be pretty surprised if Etizolam was the cause of an overdose alone, I think it's very unlikely.
IME, I don't experience 'euphoria' per se. It makes me very relaxed and sedated unlike a low-dose of opiates which gives me euphoria and sometimes energy.

I really like etizolam. It's up there with alprazolam for me. Thing is, it's VERY bad when it comes to compulsive redosing, so just be careful.

Dont mix it with codeine. Better safe than sorry.

And I also experienced blepharospasms on etizolam after a few days of use.

And etizolam seems to increase the production of prolactate which gives you manboobs.

And last but not least....dont become addicted...because... Well you dont want to go through the hell of benzo withdrawal.

I just don't get the mad love for etiz. Ill do it because its cheap and readily available, but its pretty lame. Weaker than valium even. I find the shit to be so weak and so much of a let down that I took 19 milligrams over the course of an evening. And no, it wasn't bad quality. It was from shy. I never got spasms in my eyelids, but I have gotten general muscle spasms in my arms and legs from it.

Mixing benzos with opiates is risky and can even be fatal.

I have (rashly) taken 10mg Etizolam in what I believed was an emergency and did not come to any lasting harm, but it was an extremely unpleasant experience - I could hardly even talk or stand up the next day, I was a total mess and got quite distressed. Never again!

I have heard of a person on another forum who attempted suicide by taking 100mg of Etizolam. They did not die, they were severely impaired mentally and physically but recovered completely after a few weeks.

The real dangers of Etizolam are
1:Addiction from regular use, which is a serious problem and can take many months of hell to recover from. Just check out the search engine on any drug forum if you want to read the Etizolam horror stories.
2:Combining with alcohol, opiates or other CNS depressants. This can be fatal.
3: Driving or operating machinery whilst under the influence.
4: Taking too many then having a blackout in which you are no longer in control of yourself and can't remember what you did. This can lead to overdoses and all manner of accidents. I have read of many such accounts.

I have many times taken 4-5mg of Etizolam without any problems, I think it is safe, but I am not recommending this dose.

Just be careful not to get to the point of blacking out. Drinking on it causes a guaranteed blackout, but it's easy to blackout on it by itself, especially when you're a beginner. I've done some embarrassing things during blackouts, so beware.

I've done it for months and usually binging. Thankfully, I have never ever experienced spasms or blepharospasms. It used to give me way more euphoria, but it's lowered since long term use. It still makes me want to get up and be productive and leave the house and live my life so it still has benefits to me.

Try not to get hooked and go through horrible withdrawals.

Just be careful not to get to the point of blacking out. Drinking on it causes a guaranteed blackout, but it's easy to blackout on it by itself, especially when you're a beginner. I've done some embarrassing things during blackouts, so beware.

I've done it for months and usually binging. Thankfully, I have never ever experienced spasms or blepharospasms. It used to give me way more euphoria, but it's lowered since long term use. It still makes me want to get up and be productive and leave the house and live my life so it still has benefits to me.

Try not to get hooked and go through horrible withdrawals.

Good warnings. I think people who have never had a blackout tend to underestimate quite how dangerous a blackout can be. I have read many accounts of people blacking out ,then unknowingly consuming their entire stash of RC's, including all their benzos and stimulants in one go. They then wake up horrified to find that everything is gone, but they have no recollection of doing it. Even worse, I have heard of normally peaceful people blacking out on benzos and waking up in prison cells with charges for GBH and no idea what happened.
Blackouts have caused a few people to lose their jobs, and others to lose all their money on a mad gambling spree, as blackouts bring out compulsive behaviour. They also tend to lead to disinhibited behaviour which can include sexual misconduct and aggressive behaviour as well as causing damage to close relationships.
In my opinion, the very worst RC candidate for blackouts is Clonazolam due to it's potency and Etizolam due to it's easy availability and widespread use. Prescribed benzos are just as bad though.

Good warnings. I think people who have never had a blackout tend to underestimate quite how dangerous a blackout can be. I have read many accounts of people blacking out ,then unknowingly consuming their entire stash of RC's, including all their benzos and stimulants in one go. They then wake up horrified to find that everything is gone, but they have no recollection of doing it. Even worse, I have heard of normally peaceful people blacking out on benzos and waking up in prison cells with charges for GBH and no idea what happened.
Blackouts have caused a few people to lose their jobs, and others to lose all their money on a mad gambling spree, as blackouts bring out compulsive behaviour. They also tend to lead to disinhibited behaviour which can include sexual misconduct and aggressive behaviour as well as causing damage to close relationships.
In my opinion, the very worst RC candidate for blackouts is Clonazolam due to it's potency and Etizolam due to it's easy availability and widespread use. Prescribed benzos are just as bad though.

OH yeah. Benzo blackouts are wild. My first time taking clonazolam (.5mg) resulted in a major blackout. Without going into too much detail, let's just say I turned into a sex fiend in every sense of the word. Luckily, I was only with my boyfriend in my house, but if that happened in public or even around anyone else, it would've been DISASTROUS. Benzo blackouts are serious shit. Unlike on alcohol, I never pass out either. I just do ridiculous shit that I would never do sober. A friend once crashed my brand new car after deciding to take it for a spin without asking me on a combo of etizolam and alcohol. It cost him 4 grand. He didn't even know why he did it.

^ Benzo blackouts can ruin everything, not to mention possibly kill you depending on what you decide to do without even knowing it.
It's like another part of you takes over and you do anything. Yes, you will blackout way faster on clonazolam. I admit I indulged in risky behavior and go out on dates on these drugs. You will make a HUGE ass of yourself if you take too much and go out. You do not want to be around strangers during a blackout. You're basically giving yourself a roofie and you won't remember hours of your life. If you're with the wrong kind of stranger, they could easily take advantage of that.

It makes me so horny, it's ridiculous. Just about every guy looks fuckable on it. It's like beer goggles, but worst. I don't know what to say except try to be mindful and be very careful because you don't want to do things (or people) you will regret.

^ Benzo blackouts can ruin everything, not to mention possibly kill you depending on what you decide to do without even knowing it.
It's like another part of you takes over and you do anything. Yes, you will blackout way faster on clonazolam. I admit I indulged in risky behavior and go out on dates on these drugs. You will make a HUGE ass of yourself if you take too much and go out. You do not want to be around strangers during a blackout. You're basically giving yourself a roofie and you won't remember hours of your life. If you're with the wrong kind of stranger, they could easily take advantage of that.

It makes me so horny, it's ridiculous. Just about every guy looks fuckable on it. It's like beer goggles, but worst. I don't know what to say except try to be mindful and be very careful because you don't want to do things (or people) you will regret.

The last paragraph, lol. I'm so glad I'm not the only one. But yeah, clonazolam has the exact same effect on me. It really is like roofie'ing yourself but without the sedation. Total recipe for disaster if you're not in the right place with the right people. My boyfriend still won't let me live down my first night on clonazolam. It's funny now, but only because I was in a safe environment with a [relatively] sober person.

But yes, in all seriousness, I could very realistically be in jail or dead due at least in part to benzos. I got very, very lucky. More than once. I'm so glad my benzo abusing days are over.

I was gonna start a thread asking about blackouts but this has kinda answered it.

I remember one day, I was in jail awaiting trial for something I didn't do. At the time I was prescribed .5mg clonazepam daily for HPPD symptoms being as though I'd hit the acid VERY hard whilst on bail, I could get it at £2 a tab and it was strong stuff. I used to take 3.5 tabs as minimum. So when I was effectively kidnapped by her majesty's government and thrown in a box I was hit hard by the HPPD. Everything swirling around me, my vision totally fucked (oh to all those who don't believe HPPD exists, get some perspective, just because it didn't happen to you doesn't mean it's not real. It IS real and IS frightening). Anyway, I'm in jail, not my kind of environment AT ALL (let alone my kind of people), so I started saving up my clonazepam, bored out of my tree. At this point I'm not used to benzos, in fact that was 8 years ago and I've only just started getting used to benzos in the last few weeks.
So I saved up 8 of them and took them all at once.
When I woke up...yes, I have no memory of going to sleep. I found I had written a letter to my Mom (as you do A LOT in jail). I must have started it before the blackout began because it was quite normal, explaining how I was settling in and how sad and scary it was that I was facing this terrible thing and we had to fight for my innocence. Then suddenly the letter turned to something else entirely, like I'd been possessed by some demon and he was doing the writing. It was awful and I'm so glad I never sent it during the blackout. It went from neat writing talking about usual stuff to this scrawled horror of blackness and despair, large scribbled letters that I'd gone over and over again with the ink. Like something out of "The Ring", "Gothika" or "Don't Say a Word". I'll never forget it, and I didn't understand what it was until just. So yes I have had a benzo blackout. Thankfully I was locked in a prison cell and couldn't do anything stupid or cause anyone any harm.

I think, with this being a site that focuses on harm reduction, after reading these accounts of Clonazolam blackouts it would be good HR advice to warn people that Clonazolam is best avoided.
There are plenty of other relatively safer RC benzos to choose from.

Then suddenly the letter turned to something else entirely, like I'd been possessed by some demon and he was doing the writing. It was awful and I'm so glad I never sent it during the blackout. It went from neat writing talking about usual stuff to this scrawled horror of blackness and despair, large scribbled letters that I'd gone over and over again with the ink. Like something out of "The Ring", "Gothika" or "Don't Say a Word". I'll never forget it, and I didn't understand what it was until just. So yes I have had a benzo blackout. Thankfully I was locked in a prison cell and couldn't do anything stupid or cause anyone any harm.

This part of your post really hit me because I've also described it exactly as being possessed by a demon. I'm not religious at all, but last night I looked up "Can demon possession happen from drugs?" and a lot came up confirming that. It makes sense. The drug makes you lose yourself and you become a clear target for demon possession. The spirits want to experience the pleasures of humans, sex is a main pleasure. This would explain turning into a sex fiend on this stuff.

Off topic, but I thought it was important to bring up and look into. If I look at it that way, it could really help me quit this stuff. My soul is weak and that's why I've been easy prey for these spirits. As I've said, I'm not religious at all, but I believe that can happen.

https://carm.org/can-drug-use-cause-demonic-possession

Also found this interesting.

http://www.soul-cleansing.org/demon-possession.html

Everything is adding up. My lil' brother told me last night "I see God in everyone, but for some reason, you won't accept Him. You keep pushing Him away." That creeped me out and he sounded very scared. Maybe I should start accepting him because my life has only been getting worst.

Last edited:

Right, I know a man who took about 2mg of etizolam with 2 beers and that was all it took for him to black out. He ended up putting 9k on his credit cards and doing some things he would never do if asked on a clear head. Otherwise, he says that etizolam has been a life saver when he was having a panic attack at work. Just 1mg was all he needed. I do hope and pray that more studies will be conducted on this substance. I know another lad who said to himself, "i hope not to have to take much of this ativan, and have it only for emergencies."
But he foolishly had 2 beers with 1mg of ativan and next thing he knew, the 20mg bottle was empty and a day had passed, his car was dead in the driveway and apparently, he drove to the store without knowing it, to buy more beer. Very horrible combo, alcohol and benzos.

Just be clear,
DO NOT DRINK WITH BENZOS!

I do hope people will be very cautious with this substance. I have also heard that taking it with Kanna is a horrible idea, haven't confirmed that one yet.