Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Etizolam/2.3mg- Inexperienced- Complete Amnesia

geoffreychaucer

Bluelighter
So a couple of nights ago I was at a party with a friend. This friend has a passion for obtaining legal and illegal drugs online and sharing them with people. This particular night he had a batch of homemade etizolam blotters. Each blotter square had approximately 1.15mg of etizolam.

I was drinking very slowly at the party and had no plans to get intoxicated. I had had two beers over the past two hours and was feeling sober when he pulled out the blotters and offers them around. Benzos and benzo analogues are of little interest to me but I thought "what the hell, why not" and took one of the blotters. Soon I was feeling mild euphoria and less inhibition but in retrospect I was much more intoxicated than I thought I was. It seems to me that benzos have that effect: when you're on them, it's easy to underestimate the effect that they are having.

So, big mistake of the night, I ask him for a second blotter about an hour after the first. Maybe 20 minutes later, I have my last memory of the evening. The next morning I awake, still in an intoxicated state, on his couch along with another friend who had been drinking heavily before taking one blotter. Despite being under the effect of the metabolites, I felt fine physically and I walked the two miles home at around 8am. On this walk I was trying to remember what had happened the night before and I only had a few vague recollections of spooning and possibly hooking up with the other friend who was in the basement when I woke up. This was fine to me, while I'm not gay I am open to the occasional hookup with a guy.

So later as the drug finally wore off around noon, I talk to my friend who provided me with the drug and whose couch I slept on. He recounted the evening: Not long after my last memory, I wandered away from the party and was walking, presumably home. My friend, who was driving, called me to try to find out where I had gone. I proceeded to give him the address of my city apartment which I had recently moved out of. This of course was wrong and he knew it since we were in the suburbs. Eventually he got me to give my real location and he came and saved me from myself. It's a wonder I didn't get hit by a car or robbed. He said that I was intoxicated but calm and collected none the less. He took me and the other guy to his house where we hung out for a while before I went to sleep. Again, I have absolutely no memory of any of this.

I have no plans to ever do etizolam or any benzo recreationally again. At least with alcohol, even at my drunkest, I forget only portions of the experience. The level of amnesia that this drug gave me is alarming. So in conclusion, be extremely careful with any benzo and don't combine with alcohol unless you are very careful. I had 2 beers, that's it, but in combination with this dose of etizolam, I was brought to a dangerous level of incoherence. Stay safe my friends.

I once took a simialr dose of etizolam, 2mg, on a camping trip after having gone through a traumatic experience where I thought my ex-wife (still together then) had either drowned or been kidnapped (she was missing for many hours and didn't come back until after dark). The plan was to take some MDMA that night and smoke DMT later on the beach. I took the etizolam and the MDMA, and I started to feel them both come up and then the next thing I remember it was 6 hours later and we were sitting around smoking and about to go to bed. Apparently I was up but pretty slurry, and I smoked a full dose of DMT and I to this day have absolutely no memory of it. I've had many blackouts in my life from alcohol or benzos, but something about smoking DMT and not remembering it really trips me out.

Another time, many years ago, I was about to go to the airport to fly to spend a week training in Dallas for my job. I took 3 different benzos, I can't remember which ones, I guess I was thinking it's just one normal sized dose of each... of course that means 3 times a normal dose of total benzos. The last thing I remember is getting in my car to drive to the airport. Then the next thing I remember is exiting my hotel in Dallas to get in my rental car to drive to the office. I did all of the following which in a benzo blackout:

Drove to the airport
Parked in long-term parking, got a ticket to be able to pick my car back up and wrote the section on the ticket successfully
Got my boarding pass, got on the first plane
Landed in a connecting airport, found the next flight, boarded that
Arrived in Dallas, figured out how to pick up my rental car
Figured out how to get out of the airport while driving and get to my hotel which I had never been to before
Got my room checked in and took a shower

Scary shit... anything could have happened, but apparently I was pretty capable. It was my big lesson to be careful with benzos. I thought I would just get a nice high to make the flight and my anxiety better.

That's amazing and scary. I guess it just goes to show that being functional and having a functional memory are not necessarily related. And now that I think about it, the one instance where I can see myself wanting to take a large dose of benzos is while flying for anything over four hours. I hate being trapped on a plane enough that I would sacrifice my memory but probably only if I was with a sober friend.

Yeah, it's amazing what one can do without conscious oversight. I still shake my head about that one. It's SCARY though, stuff COULD have happened to me and I don't remember, though I'm fine so nothing really major must have happened. Still, it makes me shudder to think... what if I hadn't been so good at autopilot? Anything at all could have happened and I'm very lucky it went fine.