Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Ethics of 25x-NBOMe availability

QuasiModo

Bluelighter
(mod edited)

I wish 'they' would stop selling this drug, this class of drugs. Stop fucking selling an extremely novel and new ug active psychedelic drug when you KNOW that dumbasses will be passing it off in real life as acid. Seriously, just fucking stop please. Its killing me. Every day I read something STUPID about nbomes, I read how some kid somewhere does something dumb (which you know someone will eventually if you keep selling it)..

If you MUST sell this chemical at least sell it at prohibitively high prices so as to make reselling it on the street economically non-viable. Have some fucking business ethics and pull these drugs from the shelves. It isn't worth the exposure to the scene and the lives lost to inevitable stupidity. Make the right choice and start choosing your wares more wisely.

Hopefully this sparks some kind of a discussion, hopefully the moderators don't remove it. This is not a sourcing thread, not a thread to share sources in or any such nonsense. This is a call to those it concerns, those who undoubtedly might see it here. You know they're on these forums, watching. Let them see.

-Q

I actually forgot that rule lol

Last edited by a moderator:
You're forgetting desoxypipadrol, bromo-dragonfly etc. etc.

If someone orders a drug, then takes far too much and overdoses then it is their fault (as long as it is the correct drug of course).

People need to take responsibility for their own actions and stop blaming vendors/friends/government etc. This type of thinking is exactly why prohibition exists.

Not only is your post way out of line in the spirit of Bluelight policy and distancing ourselves from vendor/source discussion and hopefully not being a major influence via our discussions as to what vendors may decide what to stock.

Your post is much better suited for whatever vendor forum you are probably also visiting.

Also, if you are getting fooled into buying 25x-nbome as LSD, I suggest you wise up a bit. Consider buying LSD from trusted sources, and giving blotters the old taste test before you buy a whole sheet. Bitter= spitter. Everyone knows that.

Also the 25x-nbome series of psychedelics are decent psychedelic drugs. Not my favorite, but certainly something I believe any psychonaut have access to. To bring up the idea that the prices should be raised so that people can't afford to sell it as acid is rediculous. Take some responsibility for yourself. People will always sell bunk or misrepresented drugs. Learn not to be a custie from these unreptuble dealers. Demand quality LSD and seek out other sources. But don't demonize 25x-nbome series drugs.

I've only tried an nbome once, and that was 25i-nbome at 2mg sniffed dose. It made me trip hard for 48 hours (because obviously I took way too high of a dose), but the trip was overall well worth the experience and with very few bad side effects, less than with most psychedelic drugs. It was very unique compared to traditional tryptamines, ergolines, or phenethylamines. And the safety profile seems more than reasonable.

If people are too stupid to use a scale or other accurate measuring means, and if people are too stupid to buy "LSD" from legimate dealers who are known for always having good and real LSD, well that's their own damn fault.

I agree with the OP, but capitalism is a bitch sometimes. Also, the damage has already been done. 1 kilo of this stuff has 2,000,000 doses and many kilos have been sold. There is enough of this stuff out there already to be passed off as acid for years. It's unfortunate because it can fit on blotters, is insanely cheap per dose, and has a duration similar to acid. It's also more dangerous because doubling or trippling the dose (e.g. taking two or three tabs) can cause an overdose, where acid is pretty damn safe.

Accusing vendors is not only pointless, it's also unfair. Where do you want to draw a line what vendors should and what shouldn't sell? Every RC has the potential to cripple or kill somebody. If a vendor mislabel a product, that's different and should be punished. But if he sends you what promised, its up to users what they cause to themselves, lets remember its not meant for human consumption officially!

I think the only people to blame here are the scumbags who sell this as LSD and the dumbasses who don't research a drug properly before they consume it. I would love to try 25i in the future and I think people need to be really careful with this chemical, as well as when dealing with LSD

People just need to be educated about the taste. In my experience, nbome blotter has a strong, unpleasant taste. The last blotter I had was flavored with raspberry and the bitter/sour flavor of the nbome still cut through and made it nasty to hold in my mouth. LSD is relatively tasteless.

The taste test is hardly harm reduction for drug identification. I agree with the sentiment, but I cannot agree that the fault is on the chinese labs.

If you don't trust the person you are buying drugs from, you shouldn't be buying drugs off of them. Ergo, there is really no problem with 25x compounds being laid on blotters. I know my LSD connect is not going to lie to me and sell me something bunk.

Well...you're an entitled little shit aren't you?

Out of interest- would have you been fine with people selling LSD when it was legal openly? (as many people did, on both sides of the law- the Hells Angels, for instance, were cooking acid in California before owsley took his first trip back when it was legal and continued when it was made illegal) Or would have you been calling for restrictions/regulation of some kind? After all- almost anyone could get a few g's of it for a from Europe for a while there if they were clued in- like the RC scene now.

Man up, take responsibility and only idiots get sold fake drugs- acid or otherwise. Psychonauts who know their shit tend to stick together, and not suprisingly tend to get legit LSD. Fuck- if you're clued up and in to psyches there are dozens of people trying to find you right now so they can turn some of those fucking tabs they have into some cash to get some dinner. If you actually get sold 'fake LSD' you're a moron or just the unluckiest guy in the world.

That said, these are the same vendors who created/marketed mephedrone/MDPV/MPA and other disasters...so no, ug dose RCs seems like trouble abrewing. Good thing it's not orally active is all I can say.

People just need to be educated about the taste. In my experience, nbome blotter has a strong, unpleasant taste. The last blotter I had was flavored with raspberry and the bitter/sour flavor of the nbome still cut through and made it nasty to hold in my mouth. LSD is relatively tasteless.

Yes but in some cases it's too late when you feel the bitter taste. NBOMe's do work poorly in blotter form if not HPCD complexed (which many of the NBOME blotters now seem to be though). There's also the bitter taste with DOX's and they are absorbed quite quickly which means when you notice it some of it has already been absorbed.

I think the problem is with NBOMe's in HcL form, that's where the big risk of overdoses is.

Man up, take responsibility and only idiots get sold fake drugs- acid or otherwise. Psychonauts who know their shit tend to stick together, and not suprisingly tend to get legit LSD. Fuck- if you're clued up and in to psyches there are dozens of people trying to find you right now so they can turn some of those fucking tabs they have into some cash to get some dinner. If you actually get sold 'fake LSD' you're a moron or just the unluckiest guy in the world.

It's not that simple. My friend who is moderately experienced with LSD tried 1/4 of a blotter of DOB and couldn't tell much difference at such a small dose. He convinced me it was acid so I took a whole blotter with him but it became clear very quickly it was not LSD. Then it was already too late. Fortunately I now have my acid in sugar cubes and have personally been there to witness the liquid LSD being dropped on the sugar cubes. But it was definitely the last time I take a blotter without being 100% sure myself, I don't trust anyone convincing me anymore if I don't see it laid on the blotter myself.

Last edited:
^EZ Test brand Ehrlich reagent costs about 9 USD on the internet, and it will determine whether your blotter is LSD or another compound like a DOx or an NBOMe.

(well, it can't differentiate between LSD and 5-MeO-aMT because they're both indoles -- but 5-MeO-aMT being sold as acid hasn't been a common occurrence for about a decade).

Vendors (read: drug dealers) are the same shady-asses that pop up in any situation that can be taken advantage of. Legions of gullible people ready to gobble up whatever fairy dust crap you're selling by the gram bag is a situation that reads like paradise for the unscrupulous entrepreneur. The buyers who create the market demand for these drugs need to take responsibility for the situation, and stop acting like kids who've been let lose in a candy store.

Last edited:
One think they could do is only sell it one blotter per order maximum
Its easy enought to order next time

Just in case you don't know the truth of things, I'm pretty sure there are labs in China selling compounds like 25I-NBOMe by the half-kilo. They did it with 2C-E and bk-MDMA, so why would they stop that practice with 25I?

One blotter per order simply doesn't make capitalist sense, as the postage to send that out is almost more than the cost of manufacture.

It's not that simple. My friend who is moderately experienced with LSD tried 1/4 of a blotter of DOB and couldn't tell much difference at such a small dose. He convinced me it was acid so I took a whole blotter with him but it became clear very quickly it was not LSD. Then it was already too late. Fortunately I now have my acid in sugar cubes and have personally been there to witness the liquid LSD being dropped on the sugar cubes. But it was definitely the last time I take a blotter without being 100% sure myself, I don't trust anyone convincing me anymore if I don't see it laid on the blotter myself.

Exactly. Things like this happen. Not all of us are privileged enough to know people who consistently have good LSD. It seems to come to my town in waves, and because it is scarce, it gets bought up extremely fast before enough people can try it and get the word out. Personally, I've never tried to get LSD and ended up with something else. However, I could easily see this happening. Ultimately, it is the buyers responsibility to figure it out, but accidents happen. I would hate to see the scene get to the point where the MDMA scene is now, where the majority of stuff is bunk or cut and a test kit is basically a necessity. And also, it is entirely possible that the people laying blotters could cut the LSD with an NBOMe to save money, as this would be much harder for people to tell the difference.

As I said before, I'm not advocating that vendors stop selling it because that won't happen. However, I can definitely seeing this negatively effecting the LSD market for years to come.