• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Ether

Di-ethyl-Ether, was the one used as intoxicant.

"The anesthetic and intoxicating effects of ether have made it a recreational drug. Diethyl ether in anesthetic dosage is an inhalant which has a long history of recreational use."

"In the 19th century and early 20th century ether drinking was popular among Polish peasants"

This quote felt reasssuring for its safety as drug (all from Wiki):

"One advantage is a well-defined margin between therapeutic and toxic doses, which means one would lose consciousness before dangerous levels of dissolved ether in blood would be reached"

"The anesthetic and intoxicating effects of ether have made it a recreational drug. Diethyl ether in anesthetic dosage is an inhalant which has a long history of recreational use."

"In the 19th century and early 20th century ether drinking was popular among Polish peasants"

"One advantage is a well-defined margin between therapeutic and toxic doses, which means one would lose consciousness before dangerous levels of dissolved ether in blood would be reached"

Okay so what your saying is it is still avaliable but is it diluted or is it still avaliable in a potent enough form to work recreationaly

Is that the same ether they use as a solvent to purify drugs i.e cocaine?

Mostly common form of Ether is diEthylEther and this is also used as weak polair solvent in chemistry.

Its stabil but very flameable and heavier as air. Think about story's of exploding Meth labs. Under influence of oxygen reactive sometimes explosive peroxides can be formed. So keep safe.

Last edited:
You planning a trip to Las Vegas with your Samoan attorney?

Lol yes I need to stop these bats from flying in front of my face

Truthfully I wanna try it because its one of the safer cns depressants I just dont wanna waste my money and end up buying something dangerous

Is that the same ether they use as a solvent to purify drugs i.e cocaine?
No clue about the Cocaine purification proces. But people that add Levimasole to their product are crazy anyway. So they most probably choose the cheapest most available option.

I always thought Kerosine.

No clue about the Cocaine purification proces. But people that add Levimasole to their product are crazy anyway. So they most probably choose the cheapest most available option.

I always thought Kerosine.

It's usually kerosine, yes.

Maaan I've seen some shit, man...
Under the influence of Ether?

Anything you like to share. I witnessed with N2O, time slowly stopping to 0 and eventulally slowly starting up again. The conversation on the back ground, I didn't miss a word.

It just slowed down and stopped a while. Learning moment for me, still remember it made a real impression.

Under the influence of Ether?

Nah I've never tried Ether, or even know anyone under the age of 50 that has lol.
Not to say I wouldn't, I've just never seen it available anywhere. I've only seen it referenced in that Fear and Loathing scene.

Anything you like to share. I witnessed with N2O, time slowly stopping to 0 and eventulally slowly starting up again. The conversation on the back ground, I didn't miss a word.

It just slowed down and stopped a while. Learning moment for me, still remember it made a real impression.

Done a lot of Nitrous in my partying days though. Easily the most intensly euphoric "high" I've ever experienced.
But it's over too fast.

If N20 affects your perception of time the way you described, I'm envious 😨

Last edited:
It's usually kerosine, yes.
I always thought they used acetone to purify cocaine. No? I know kerosene is used in the initial production of cocaine (such as for extraction from the coca leaves) but for the purification I always thought it was acetone. Hence the term “acetone washed” for good cocaine.

I always thought they used acetone to purify cocaine. No? I know kerosene is used in the initial production of cocaine (such as for extraction from the coca leaves) but for the purification I always thought it was acetone. Hence the term “acetone washed” for good cocaine.
i was just researching about this and u can use either acetone or ether along with hydrochloric acid in the final step. BUT the SHINY fishscale top notch shit is made with ether.

hell no man, i've had pure cocaine on a few ocassions and acetone washed coke aswell. pure cocaine doesn't have smell unlike the acetone washed one that smells like rocket fuel lolls.

If you do try it seriously don't use the rag method. It's messy, smells up everything, wasteful, and barely works. You can make a 'bong' of sorts with almost any large plastic jug/bottle. Just poke small holes so you can breath through it and then put ether in and inhale through the top.

Also note that the smell can stay on your breath for days, and will be noticeable to anyone you talk to.

Lol yes I need to stop these bats from flying in front of my face

Truthfully I wanna try it because its one of the safer cns depressants I just dont wanna waste my money and end up buying something dangerous

So, I've done kind of a lot of diethyl ether. I've done lab grade anhydrous, and I've distilled it from starting fluid. You do want it as dry as possible, but there wasn't a ton of difference. The anhydrous didn't make me stink so much, or for as long. Good luck.

If you do try it seriously don't use the rag method. It's messy, smells up everything, wasteful, and barely works.

Drinking ether is a thing, it has a lot less stink associated with it, hits better and you can get around that volatile chemical explosion hazard. Simply float 5 or 10 cc on an ice cold shot of something non-alcoholic, and down it. I would not do this with ether from starter fluid however, and only recommend ingesting lab-grade ether free from other contaminants. I've done so in the past, and the only time you really stink is when you burp, and while your body is actively removing the ether through your lungs. I find this far more enjoyable than alcohol, but was pretty weary of ingesting solvents, so eventually decided to not mess with this any further. It is quite nice that way, however. An ice cold drink is recommended, because cold ether doesn't evaporate as fast. Obviously, do not do this anywhere near sparks or fire, and don't get any ideas of lighting up a cigarette after downing a shot with ether unless you thoroughly rinsed out your mouth, er, you know what, better not do this at all.