• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Ethanol extraction of limonene to add flavor to bho reclaim

SWIM Had A Dream

Bluelighter
Good day all, tough times have hit and I reclaimed my BHO glob in the bottom of my oil bubbler. I used ethanol to get it out ... after cold filtering and a low heat purge I was left with a surprisingly pretty amber absolute. Obviously since this is reclaim it decarboxylated , and hence has a dull hasty taste, and thought I'd try to extract a bit of limonene from some orange peels with my ethanol...I got to thinking that limonene is a terpene endogenous to cannabis, could I put a small bit of limonene in my bho reclaim absolute to add a bit of pizzazz to the flavor? I have a decent chunk of reclaim but I'd be more enthusiastic if there was more flavor to enjoy

Results

We'll it worked, since limonene is liquid at room temperature, I kind of have a dab dipping sauce container full of limonene, it adds to the flavor, but only slightly...I don't feel like tying up my only bho in ethanol to blend it right now, so maybe when I get some more oils to smoke I can expire meant further...would I recommend it? Probably not, but I had fun and learned something :) hash science kicks ass

Last edited:
You can definitely add it back in somehow, I have a premixed disposable CO2 hash oil cartridge right now that has limonene added back in (because CO2 extract doesn't have flavor).

I'm not sure I'd dab something extracted from an orange like that though.