• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Ethan Rickman, 14, Dies After Taking Synthetic Drug 'Acid'

Hopefully. Could you imagine if it is an even new more insidious. Fuck NBOMe. Fuck the government. Fuck the DEA. Fuck the cops.

Are there any inorganic hallucinogens? They're all phenethylamines or tryptamines I think.

Other than the gaseous anesthetics (e.g. nitrous oxide), I can't think of any recreational substances that are inorganic.

you forgot to consider that writers are people that write about things they don't know shit about

the article says NBOMEs effects are much more "harsh and violent than lsd" totally the opposite actually, they are much chiller and level head than lsd

the article says NBOMEs effects are much more "harsh and violent than lsd" totally the opposite actually, they are much chiller and level head than lsd

It's talking about effects on the body, which are more harsh and violent. You sound new to this stuff.

you forgot to consider that writers are people that write about things they don't know shit about

In the comments there's also people talking about how they only take organic acid.

Considering how LSD is synthesized, that doesn't even mean anything under any of the definitions of "organic". I mean, LSD is an organic molecule, but so are all other psychedelics. And LSD is produced with reagents that nobody would consider "all-natural".

A few years ago, I was putting some sugar in my coffee when I noticed the package read "CARBON FREE!" I recoiled in fear thinking "What is this substance that I'm about to drink???"

The scientific literacy of Americans is shit. I blame Barack Hussein Obama =D

Last edited:
Sad the kid died, yet another victim of the war on drugs.

Shitty article really, kinda misleading and confusing in the sense that it makes out NBOMEs are 'acid', just a different type of acid than LSD that isn't always distinguished. I mean whether or not this stuff is referred to as acid, even if all parties involved know it is not LSD (I doubt it though), it is kind of irresponsible in my eyes not to clarify that this shit when referred to as acid is likely to deceive the end user into believing it is LSD. To characterise the drugs effects as violent is bullshit as well.

The mention of krokodil at the end is blatant scare tactic drug propaganda nonsense with no connection to the article other than the fact someone did in North America due to taking some kind of drug.

I donno about where all you guys are, but in my city over 90% of "acid" is NBOMEs now. We've had a few cases in the ER over the last couple months.

I donno about where all you guys are, but in my city over 90% of "acid" is NBOMEs now. We've had a few cases in the ER over the last couple months.

How many samples did you test to come to this 90 percent figure? Your local festivals should have lots of people dying from nbome overdoses, I have yet to see that happen. Most of those nbome blotters have 1000 mics on them because of the arms race on SR, people who take 10 should die. All these people who think it's acid still only take low doses?
There are nbomes out there and people should be careful, but I doubt your city is 90 percent.

How many samples did you test to come to this 90 percent figure? Your local festivals should have lots of people dying from nbome overdoses, I have yet to see that happen. Most of those nbome blotters have 1000 mics on them because of the arms race on SR, people who take 10 should die. All these people who think it's acid still only take low doses?
There are nbomes out there and people should be careful, but I doubt your city is 90 percent.

I should qualify my statement, the "90 percent" figure is from a friend of mine who used to deal LSD and still knows other dealers. I have not personally procured any samples.

Although my city is quite a hotspot for NBOME overdoses, but mostly non-fatal.

It makes me horribly sad to hear about anyone who was sold adulterated "LSD", let alone someone sold fake doses and DIED. Fucking terrible...