Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

ETH-LAD - Inexperienced - Hi UG quick report

The Shadow Self

Bluelighter
Hi,
I have been into psychedelics for several decades, and have done many sheets of LSD over the years and it has always been my favorite, with the possible exceptions of high-dose mushroom trips. So yeah...LSD, LSZ, AL-LAD, ALD-52, 4-aco-dmt, Mescaline, so on.
Anyway, after having read a lot about ETH-LAD for a while, and having a stash on ice big enough to kill an army, I decided to experiment.

Until this point, I had done about 300ugs, last year. I remember a long, uncomfortable come-up, some wicked nausea, and some other nasty body load. It was interesting, got nice OEV and less COVs, but fascinating and different structurally from other visuals I have seen. So, that was fine, but I did notice that while I was nauseous, something that I usually don't experience. I have an iron gut and have only really puked after drinking too much, long ago. So I let the ETH sit in its place for a long time, but wanted to push the envelope a bit. I am a bit of a hard-head so large doses generally don't bother me.

Well, this time I decided to take 600ugs. I know that is a shit ton of ETH, but I was fighting against a little LSD tolerance from a 500 ug LSD trip a week before, so I figured I'd have to fight through some tolerance.

So at about 4 pm, I took the ETH, and made sure I had everything in my house I might need, and waited.
-Come up seemed to take longer than LSD, and was slower to build.
-After about 1.5. to 2 hours I was feeling hot, nauseous, and starting to have visuals and actually feeling a little tired. I was feeling unsettled, but don't know why.
By about 7pm, I was experiencing some wicked OEVs, but less CEVs by comparison, but felt quite different from any other psych I've done.

-Peak was probably around 9- 11 pm or so, and to be honest, I was kind of looking forward to it fading away, mostly because the nausea was so intense. Never puked, but thought I might, but I just rode it out as I listened to music on headphones.

-Long story short, I considered the body load to be uncomfortable, to say the least. For example, it wasn't like typical nausea, I felt like I was poisoned. Now, I know I wasn't', but it did feel that way, and it made the experience much less enjoyable. When I compare it to LSD, or most any other psych, I get very little body-load, vasoconstriction or otherwise. But to be honest, I realize that it was a whole lot of ugs of ETH, and I know others have had similar experiences at much lower doses.

I think what I will do is wait for a time to reset tolerance, at least a month, then try a smaller amount, and see how that works out. I did get the feeling that there is something there that was different than any other psych I have tried but the circumstances were wrong, I believe.

The worse thing that can happen is I might actually enjoy it and may not feel the negatives I did on a huge dose.

End

Tagged by Xorkoth
substancecode_ethlad
substancecode_lysergamides
explevel_inexperienced
exptype_positive
exptype_bodyload
roacode_sublingual

Last edited by a moderator:
I’ve had the nausea and temp swings with even 50 ug, but also had great trips on the same amount.
I have not figured this one out yet, but note that when I’ve mixed it with cannabis, or tiredness, or bad hydration/food levels, /i get get heavy, bad body loads.
Not happening with 1p, or standard lucy, just the eth.
It is a magic gem, though, and worth researching to dial in the right dose, set/setting, and general health levels required.
I think it;s a tad harder on the system that lsd or even lsa.

Out of curiosity, when was your last lucy dose, before the eth-lad?

ETH-LAD is known for producing a heavy bodyload compared to other lysergamides. Personally I find it to have a more intense come-up, but I don't really get much bodyload from it. I've taken it at 300ug for my first time, and 100ug or less other times. At 300ug the visuals were insane. I found the headspace kind of mescaline-like once the come-up was over, very serene and zen-like, not nearly as confusing/hectic as LSD at an equivalent dosage, but much more visual.

Moving this to Trip Reports

I’ve had the nausea and temp swings with even 50 ug, but also had great trips on the same amount.
I have not figured this one out yet, but note that when I’ve mixed it with cannabis, or tiredness, or bad hydration/food levels, /i get get heavy, bad body loads.
Not happening with 1p, or standard lucy, just the eth.
It is a magic gem, though, and worth researching to dial in the right dose, set/setting, and general health levels required.
I think it;s a tad harder on the system that lsd or even lsa.

Out of curiosity, when was your last lucy dose, before the eth-lad?
It was about a 500ug dose a bit over a week before. It's one of the reasons I took as much ETH as I did. I have a f-ing hard head.

Man, see I wish I could go there, but am now shy after the time I puked 7 times on the eth comeup. Now, though, I’m starting to wonder if my low dose excursions are even more prone to this; less eye candy to distract equals more noticing the body and being half weirded out, if that makes sense. Your OEVs musta been incredible. Jealous.

Yeah LSD's lack of bodyload is great. ETH-LAD has a stronger bodyload, although it's not bad for me, but then I'm not sensitive to bodyloads. AL-LAD doesn't really have a bodyload either, in fact it feels more euphoric in the body than LSD. I like LSD more than any of the others by a little bit, but I like AL-LAD more than ETH-LAD. But ETH-LAD is nice too. Its visuals are really insane and I find it to have a very calm/zen state of mind that reminds me somewhat of mescaline but less satisfying/warm/empathogenic.

Gutted I never got to try any of these new lysergamides besides 1p-LSD which I thought was great.

Yeah LSD's lack of bodyload is great. ETH-LAD has a stronger bodyload, although it's not bad for me, but then I'm not sensitive to bodyloads. AL-LAD doesn't really have a bodyload either, in fact it feels more euphoric in the body than LSD. I like LSD more than any of the others by a little bit, but I like AL-LAD more than ETH-LAD. But ETH-LAD is nice too. Its visuals are really insane and I find it to have a very calm/zen state of mind that reminds me somewhat of mescaline but less satisfying/warm/empathogenic.
I've noticed a handful of people describe ETH-LAD as more "weird" than LSD. (And AL-LAD to be more of a candy psych, at least compared to LSD).

Do you find that to be the case? How would you describe the weirdness? ...LSD is already pretty weird haha

Dosed my friend and his wife on a camping trip, during the trip she said many times "I still feel weird."
"Should I still feel weird?"

I was thinking, that's kinda the point