• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids esters of morphine vs semi-synthetics vs synthetics?

Which group is most recreational?

• Morphine Family and esters

• Semi-synthetics

• Synthethics

Results are only viewable after voting.

kokaino

Bluelighter
The morphine family and the esters of morphine - desomorphine, heroin (morphine diacetate or diacetylmorphine), nicomorphine (morphine dinicotinate), dipropanoylmorphine (morphine dipropionate), dihydromorphine, methyldesorphine, and others

The codeine-ionine family - codeine, 6-monoacetylcodeine (6-MAC), eucodeine (codeine methylbromide), dionine (ethylmorphine), pholcodine, benzylmorphine, desocodeine, allocodeine, isocodeine, heterocodeine, methyldihydromorphine (dihydroheterocodeine), thebacon (dihydrocodeinone enol acetate), myrophine, and others

The morphinone and morphol semi-synthetics - dihydrocodeine, hydrocodone, oxycodone, metopan, acetylmorphone, hydromorphone, oxymorphone, pentamorphone, and semorphone

The synthethics - meperidine (Demerol), fentanyl, ketobemidone, dextromoramide, methadone, dextropropoxyphene, sufentanil, and others

*EDIT*
I neglected to put the codeine family series here. Some of those molecules are very powerful. Codeine is not to be underestimated. But personally, I gotta go with morphine or heroin. Desomorphine is reputed to be the best, but I've never been fortunate enough to try.

Last edited:
Never IVd or smoked. Haven't used many different opioids. Used following: morphine (regular, never used diacetyl), codeine, oxycodone, buprenorphine, methadone, tramadol and tapentadol (I will not include kratom).

Morphine -> was ok, it resolved the pain issue and if dose was correctly adjusted than I was able to function without problem. Peak daily dosage ~200mg. Short period of increased energy accompanied with cognitive euphoria and body high that progressed quickly to a nodding state. Am not the biggest fan of nodding, but morphine was the best opioid for that purpose of all opioids I tried.

Used MS Contin, 100mg, grey ones.

Codeine ->
it metabolise into morphine but I never had enough to really enjoy it. It is not widespread where I live and CWE was pain in the rear so I didn't like it that much.

Used over the counter pills that had 10mg of codeine, 25mg of caffeine and 300mg of paracetamol.

Oxycodone -> personally my favourite. It is smooth, very euphoric, energetic and pain relieving. If I wanted to nodd out in the evening just used a bit more an took some extra diazepam on top. I am not encouraging anybody to do it but I have done it cause I have long history with benzos. All in all my personal favourite. This was the opioid I used the most and peak daily dosages were ~150mg.

Had access to free 20mg Oxycontin pills (the pink ones) and used them exclusively.

Buprenorphine -> personality I have positive opinion based on experience prior to developing a big tolerance. Even when I switched from 200mg oral morphine to buprenorpine I would get high that I liked. Effects on me were similar of those that oxycodone provided, but less intense and less satisfactory. Overall a potent opioid with great anxiolityc and antidepressant profile. Ceiling and partial agonist are it's downsides. Peak daily dosages were ~16mg SL.

Used Subutex 8mg and 2mg pills.

Methadone -> strong opioid that has some upsides and downsides. Upsides being that it lasts long, good for the type of pain that is troubling me, and has some very specific floaty dreamlike effect. Downside for me is that is very risky to combine it with anything, it builds up too much in the body, I sweat profusely while on it. It doesn't give me the clean energetic high of oxycodone (or even buprenorphine) or body high like morphine. Average opioid regarding recreational use. Peak daily dosages were 60mg oral.

Used several generic pills.

Tapentadol -> Good pain reliever that I am prescribed at the moment. Has more recreational value than tramadol but less than buprenorphine. Opioid activity is good but it also exerts NRI effects and that makes me like being pulled in two opposite direction at the same time. It can make me anxious, forgetful, can't recall words easily. It kinda dumbs me down. It is certainly not very recreational and I can't see myself going to a dinner or some celebration with tapentadol being main source of opioid activity. Peak daily dosages were ~225mg oral at the moment, with 300mg in one dose just before I went on opioid maintenence program.

Used Palexia IR (50mg and 100mg) and Palexia Retard (100mg and 200mg)

Tramadol -> Least preferable of all opioids I tried. Little opioid activity overpowered with SNRI effects. It was fun in the beginning but it cant hold a candle to morphine/oxycodone/buprenorphine/methadone/ or even tapentadol. Good for withdrawal from stronger opioids but brings its own set of risks if one is not careful. Withdrawal can be miserable ordeal. Peak daily dosages were 400mg oral (didn't want to push it as I didn't enjoy it that much).

Used Tramal 50mg, 100mg, 150mg and 200mg.

So, for me, the winner is semi-synthetic group. I seem to be fond of thebaine derived opioids especially (oxycodone and buprenorphine). I would like to try out oxymorphone (Opana) as from what I read and the fact that oxycodone (personal favourite thus far) is partially metabolised into oxymorphone, it is very alluring substance. The one I will probably never get to experience.

Runner up is morphine and synthethics are the least appealing to me.

Just wanted to add that I never used non pharmaceutical opioid and don't intend to.

Heroin for the win followed by oxycodone at a close second. Morphine and esters gets the vote!

Hard to say...

My favorite were in order..

-Diacetylmorphine
-Oxycodone
-Benzoylmorphine
-Hydrocodone
-Morphine
-Dihydromorphine
-Methadone
-Hydromorphone
-Codeine
-Fentanyl

But nowadays I prefer Buprenorphine to them all. As you can see my preferences are all over the place, but natural/esters seem to be up there. Oxycodone in the original OC formulation were pretty damn good tho too.

-GC

Opiates I've tried ranked from best to worst (I base my favorites on DOA, not strength):

1. Morphine (any form, but ms contin is hands-down my favorite drug)
2. Oxycodone (i prefer oxycontin but percs work too)
3. Methadone (actually not bad, and long-lasting to boot)
4. Fentanyl (specifically patches since they last a few days when worn properly)
5. Hydrocodone (a little weak, but I'll take it if I can't find the top 4)
6. Diacetylmorphine/Heroin (didn't make top 5 because its too short-lived)
7. Tramadol (almost made #6 due to long-lasting effects but its still too weak)
8. Oxymorphone (not enough experience with it to really have an opinion)
9. Hydromorphone (way too short-lived)
10. Codeine (weak)
11. Propoxyphene (way too fucking weak)
12. Kratom (not really an opiate, but supposedly similar....still pointless in my experience)

Last edited: