• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Essential tremors and weakness associated with high dose loperamide

DOC#1217709

Greenlighter
Scenario:

Ive been an opiate addict for 15 years now. Until the last couple of years i was the standard in and out of prison, no job, heroin user, and by 22 i was on my 3rd prison trip. Thats when i decided to switch to methadone. Methadone was great, as its a more manaeable addiction, and allowed me to regain a somewhat normal life, with a job, car, etc. But i was still tied to the clinic.

QUESTION:

Which is when i heard about loperamide. Im not here to argue about its merits, for me, it absolutely works. However ive noticed that when i dose it (around 300 or 400 mgs daily) im physically unable to do things i would be able to normally. For instance i use a drill in my work. Doing something as simple as holding the drill out at arms length, becomes physically impossible, as essential tremors immediately start, and eventually complete failure to hold any sort of weight.

Ive also noticed that if i go to lift or move something that is any sort of weight, my body physically will not do it.
Now let me make this clear, im not talking about something where its just really hard to do, i mean my muscles physically WILL NOT function. Things that i would normally be able to lift or move, if i begin to move them, within 10 seconds my body begins to give out, and no matter what i do i cant stop my muscles from bascially refusing to work. If this continues i may have to switch back to methadone.

My thoughts:

Knowing that lopermide can cause heart issues, and is a calcium channel blocker, and because of the fact that its not that im physically not strong enough, but that my muscles seem to just be incapable of functioning, im thinking it has something to do with the amount of oxygen my heart is providing.
But with methadone (which is extremely similar in molecular structure and also a potassium channel blocker) i had never experienced that before.

Does anyone else have any similar experience with high dose loperamide? Or any other worthwhile input

(I dont give a shit about the "dangers" of it. Im 29 and alive and not in prison so im already beating the projected results)

Yeah, loperamide definitely does some wierd shit to muscles. I've never taken megadoses, only between 16-32 mgs. and already at those doses I've experienced the annoying muscle tremors and slight heart pain, and just all around "dirty" feeling. People have died from the heart issues caused by it. In my opinion it's just a really dirty drug when used in high doses and should be avoided at all costs.

Stop taking the shit mate dont touch another drop your gonna have to just get through it cus at those doses it will make your heart like an 80 year olds.

The dangers of loperamide vs heroin are almost laughable.

Im not arguing that loperamide is bad for the heart, but statistically its arguably completely safe compared to the risks of heroin or even other RX opiates, yet the mass of comments "bruhhhh its gonna killzzz you, just boot heroin" are inevitable.

I believe theres been around 20 to 30 confirmed cases of death involving loperamide....ever. And most of those had contributing factors such as pre existing heart issues or mixing with other drugs. Accounts of purely loperamide based deaths are almost non existent.

Im not saying that the negative side effects dont exist, but come on, how do you seriously make the argument that its extremely dangerous about loperamide when you wouldn't argue the same about iv heroin? It's just plain ridiculous.

The dangers of loperamide vs heroin are almost laughable.

Im not arguing that loperamide is bad for the heart, but statistically its arguably completely safe compared to the risks of heroin or even other RX opiates, yet the mass of comments "bruhhhh its gonna killzzz you, just boot heroin" are inevitable.

I believe theres been around 20 to 30 confirmed cases of death involving loperamide....ever. And most of those had contributing factors such as pre existing heart issues or mixing with other drugs. Accounts of purely loperamide based deaths are almost non existent.

Im not saying that the negative side effects dont exist, but come on, how do you seriously make the argument that its extremely dangerous about loperamide when you wouldn't argue the same about iv heroin? It's just plain ridiculous.

Tbh i was gonna apologise cus i re read that and it was to not do lope but i didn't want to reply earlier sorry about that if its really keeping you alive(mentally) and keeping your withdrawal at bay who am I to say you shouldn't take it I do think you probably took to much when you started off on it which is why you got a big tolerance some people don't realise (me included at one point) how strong and potenially potent lope is this may help if you have a ice cold shower or bath and you gotta make sure you stay in the water it will be freezing at first but i promise it will be warm after a while(feel warm) and you should feel better it works for me anyway if im not feeling right its my second line of defense right after a simple splash of cold water on my face.

so how much are you actually taking bro what kind of tablets are they the ones that take forever to kick in or

Nobody in their right mind will tell you that i.v. heroin is safe, it's extremely easy to overdose, especially since you never know the purity etc.. But diacetlymorphine doesn't seem to mess with your heart like high doses of loperamide do. And don't forget, compared to heroin only a fraction of people uses high doses of loperamide, so of course you'll only see a few case reports

Im just sayin whenever lope is the subject, i question the tendancy of people to warn about its deadly side effects, if a thread about buying some unknown substance on the street, cooking it down in a dirty public bathroom, with a used cigarrette butt as a filter, i doubt would get the same warnings from people who are quick to tell you how dangerous lope is.

Which dont get me wrong, this whole thread is based on myself having experience wifh some cardio side effects of the drug, but its a caveat with this lifestyle man and ive never really worried about it, qnd when you actually go LOOKING for the accounts of pure loperamide dosage deaths, its almost non exisent and usually has other drugs or circumstances involved.

What youre more likely to find,which is what i came across more often than not, is anecdotal reports of people who have been on high dose lope for years and years and years, being admitted to the hospial, with all symptoms clearing when the lope is stopped.

Pete its alright man im just saying, comparatively speaking is it really more dangerous than other actions we take?

And i have an extremely high tolerance to opiates man. Went fron 240 mgs daily of meth to loperamide, and mind blown when i did....

The lope provided me with the holding of methadone, and added a nice little more traditional opiate nod that i didnt get with meth anymore.

I started out with around 70 of the 2mg green loperamide pills, and eventually found my stable holding dose of anywhere around 150 to 200 capsules a day. Thats 10 to 15 bucks daily to function, plus im not tied to a clinic. Id gladly still be on meth if i could walk into the store and buy it, but nothing else offers me what lope does (possibly tianeptine, but thats an unexplored option so far)

Loperamide (Immodium) is truly not something that you want to start a long-term relationship with. You can use it every once in a while, sure, but even this usage can be quite dangerous, considering the relatively high-doses required by your average Opioid addict. Loperamide has a negative impact upon the heart's QT interval, especially when taken in high dosages. It's really something that I try to steer people away from. It's always available at the pharmacy and being addicts, well...

Im just sayin whenever lope is the subject, i question the tendancy of people to warn about its deadly side effects, if a thread about buying some unknown substance on the street, cooking it down in a dirty public bathroom, with a used cigarrette butt as a filter, i doubt would get the same warnings from people who are quick to tell you how dangerous lope is.

Which dont get me wrong, this whole thread is based on myself having experience wifh some cardio side effects of the drug, but its a caveat with this lifestyle man and ive never really worried about it, qnd when you actually go LOOKING for the accounts of pure loperamide dosage deaths, its almost non exisent and usually has other drugs or circumstances involved.

What youre more likely to find,which is what i came across more often than not, is anecdotal reports of people who have been on high dose lope for years and years and years, being admitted to the hospial, with all symptoms clearing when the lope is stopped.
Keep in mind that only a small fraction of opioid users take those extremely high doses of lope, because of this reports of death etc are so rare.
Iirc lope binds to Ikr (usually called hERG even if that's not totally right) and by this causes QT prolongation. If you don't have a hereditary change of the hERG-gene this should normalize after you stop taking lope, but for some people this might cause permanent QT prolongation which can result in arrhythmia like Torsade de pointes which can kill you