You can't touch me this way

afraid to express
fear society will reject

Living in fear just isn't cool

heroes painted as traitors
slaves controlled by "freedom"

What have we done?

A very thought provoking piece of work....nicely done

Wipe your face leave it blank......if I can ask where you referring to suppressing and burying any form of emotion or feeling because it will not be accepted.

I really like this one

yes, suzieq. I was writing about the frustration of expression. In today's digital world there is no privacy, and I feel there is a constant fear that permeates our society. The desire to be accepted as we are but the fear of not being accepted or understood. It deeply upsets me that we cast out people who try to speak out and tell the truth. I wrote this after watching Citizen4. I guess that was a big inspiration.

yes, suzieq. I was writing about the frustration of expression. In today's digital world there is no privacy, and I feel there is a constant fear that permeates our society. The desire to be accepted as we are but the fear of not being accepted or understood. It deeply upsets me that we cast out people who try to speak out and tell the truth. I wrote this after watching Citizen4. I guess that was a big inspiration.

It is sad and very upsetting all the way from those fighting for the truth to be spoken and those fighting for their basic human rights to my own personal desire to be accepted and loved completely the way that I am without any need for false pretense.

If I can I wanna share a few lines from a poem I wrote about my own personal experience

I am scared
That my thoughts are impaired
I have dared
That my heart could be shared
All but bared
Then you all stood and stared
As I declared
Never again my soul prepared

I will hide
All of my thoughts inside
I have tried
But my eyes are open wide