• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Err, (pseudo)ephedrine FAQ?

i take a caffiene/ephedra mix occasionally and am curious of the long term effects of ephedra. i thank you for writing up this faq. any info on the long term effects that you can find are appreciated.

I take an ephedra stacker regularly wich includes kola nut extract ( coffein) and I find it very useful for example that it makes me speedy and focused at work when I work long shifts.
And I also like to mix it with alcohol when I go out to get some of the bad parts from alcohol away, like tiredness and drousyness. But you dont sober up like when you take speed, it just makes you a little bit more clearheaded.

I have used these kind of capsules regularly for about three years and I havent had any problems except for when I had to many and my heart beats a little bit harder.

It would be very interesting to read the full FAQ and info about long term usage.

Get your pseudo now in the U.S. because the gov't will be passing laws to control the sale of this drug because of its use in meth labs. With chain stores such as CVS, RiteAid RX, walgreens and others starting to take action, soon pseudo containing drugs will be behind the counter and will require photo-ID to purchase. I'm guessing if you are purchasing large amounts of the drug your info will be transfered over to the DEA, and probably put on a no-sell list or possibly be investigated. So just watch out the next couple months...

Done. |

Originally posted by ace_one
It would be very interesting to read the full FAQ and info about long term usage.

I don't believe it was ever finished. If anyone has an interest in writing one feel free to PM me.

Strangely enough, I know someone (a very close relationship, not the typical third-derivative friend of an uncle so popular in bizarre cases like this) that honestly prefers a dose of (2R,3S)-(-)-ephedrine (at 50 - 75mg over two hours or so) to a psychoactive dose of enantiopure (d)-amphetamine SR. This is not a one-time effect either--said person has been offered (d)-amphetamine several times with full pharmacological "briefing" on the comparative catecholaminergic selectivity (NA/DA ED50 ratio) of the two compounds and selected (-)-ephedrine. Also, this person's favourite chemical experience was (2S,3S)-phendimetrazine, a chemical noted for its lack of so-called "recreational" effects compared to (d)-amphetamine and the impossibly elusive (2S,3S)-phenmetrazine.

Some people seem to enjoy noradrenaline release; sometimes times truth is stranger than fiction. As for (2S,3S)-(+)-ephedrine (pseudoephedrine), I don't think that it has as much of a central effect as (-)-ephedrine, so (-)-ephedrine should be more "enjoyable." There is a little bit of empirical evidence for this, mainly from Rothman et al: "The most potent actions of ephedrine-type compounds were as substrates of the norepinephrine transporter (EC50 values of about 50 nM) followed by substrate activity at the dopamine transporter. Screening the receptorome demonstrated weak affinity at alpha2-adrenergic and 5-hydroxytryptamine7 receptors (Ki values 1-10 microM) and no significant activity at beta-adrenergic or alpha1-adrenergic receptors. Viewed collectively, these data indicate that the pharmacological effects of ephedrine-like phenylpropanolamines are likely mediated by norepinephrine release, and although sharing mechanistic similarities with, they differ in important respects from those of the phenylpropanonamines methcathinone and cathinone and the phenyisopropylamines methamphetamine and amphetamine." (Rothman et al, 2003). In another study, Bondareva et al (2002) demonstrated that (-)-ephedrine possessed equipotent stimulus discrimination effects as those of (R)-methamphetamine, a drug known for its noradrenergic effects. Anderson et al (2001) showed that (-)-ephedrine fully substituted for (d)-amphetamine, but only when administered parenterally.

In my opinion, the jury is still out. Perhaps intersubject variation in DAT sequence (single nucleotide point mutations?) affects (-)-ephedrine sensitivity and "liking."

One of my friends very much like pseudoephedrine too...moreso than caffeine, but less so than ephedrine. Amphetamine is nice but it makes them more tweaked out and jittery than anything else.

The abridged FAQ...

Does pseudoephederine have any rec value?

Only to a very few, other than that, it's a normal medicinal prod

Does it have any other uses

Yes, a precursor for methamphetamine manufacture

I think it applies for most people

Pseudoephedrine works great in when you have "0" tolerance. With even the smallest tolerance it makes me either nervous or angry depending on my mind-frame.

As said, it is all up to subjective differences in BBB conformation, receptor and transporter sequences, etc... One of my friends loves (-)-ephedrine, others think that it just speeds up their heart, others think it makes them snappy, short-tempered assholes (and they are right, it does).

I'm one of the people who likes pseudoephedrine. It's a great nasal decongestant, it improves my focus and concentration, it makes me feel relaxed and less hungry, and just slightly content/euphoric.

I wonder if it be due to the fact that I am a CYP2D6 poor metabolizer.

Ephedrine is not too great. It has too many bad side-effects IMO, but I'll still use it as an ADD medication when I don't have anything else. It's much more stimulating compared to pseudoephedrine, but it isn't very recreational for me at all.

It is recreational in small doses combined with alcohol, its perfect in sweden where i come from because they have a zero "drug" tolerance in clubs...

So if you want to go out and have a little extra boost and still be drinking its perfect :D